• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mastery book

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
this maybe a dumb question, how do u get the mastery book? I ate some masteries but not sure where to bring up and use. do I need the book? do u have to do the bard quest to get? and do u need bard skill to do? ty

edit: I'm in shock but may not be true. I was told by someone that only way to get the mastery book is to do the bard mastery quest in which u need 90 music and 90 other bard skill. I cant believe this to be true. if it tis true, they need another way to get. I wont write down what I'm thinking lol. let me know someone lol.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

This is a good question...

Also, the masteries book in the EC (default UI) needs work. I suggest only showing a list of materies currently known by a character, not ALL of them.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I told you I already asked several times here on Stratics and noone has answered yet.

I thought Hawkwinds quest was to get the book but it just gives you a lvl 1 primer which are easily gotten at regular spawns.

I made the suggestion in another thread to have Hawkwinds quest provide you with the book along with the primer.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can get the book either from the bard mastery quest or from Hawkwind's quest, which we'll be tweaking to be more group friendly before WW.

If you select to change mastery from the book it will show you a list of the masteries you currently have, and once you select one it shows you which abilities are available to use.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hawkwind does not give a mastery book upon completion of the quest.

upload_2015-10-1_21-20-21.png

Going back to him just gives you the quest again.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure they are getting the message...

@Kyronix see above... Hawkwind is giving out primers... not books...

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got two book looking primers from the turtle dragon pokemon spawn, ate them both and have no clue how to use them or access their benefits.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
completed hawkwind got primer no book just got another quest.. I also got deck of cards. says cards weight one stone. this a bug ? looks like server birth lol
did semidar ish and got cards

Last edited:

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
please tell me kyronix that we have to have a bard masteries book in order to use all of the new masteries. that would be the most hilarious oversight that i could even conceive.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What I am guessing...and this is JUST a guess...but remember when we got bacon instead of a rose in a vase for valentines day one year?

Now...I don't know if they are still using 2 different systems for the game...but maybe...JUST maybe...the code for Mastery Book in one system is the code for the Cards in the other system....and that's why we are all getting cards and not mastery books.

@Kyronix is this a possibility?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looking into the card issue.

@WootSauce the mastery book holds all masteries, including the bard masteries. The bard mastery book has been expanded to include all masteries, and is now simply a mastery book.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so wait then - any char that we have would have to get the bard mastery book in order to use masteries? or is there another way to get a mastery book?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so wait then - any char that we have would have to get the bard mastery book in order to use masteries? or is there another way to get a mastery book?
You can get mastery book from doing a bard mastery quest or completing Hawkwind's quest, although there is currently a bug with this that we are investigating.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
SHOULD TURN OFF HAWKWIND UNTIL FIXED, SO NO MORE CARDS. PUT OUT CLICKY THING FOR BOOK PLEASE TY

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looking into the card issue.
Leave the cards in, no valid reason for them to be rare now. Its fun deco. Plus everyone and their GD is probably farming them like mad, hoping you remove the drop so they can cash in.

@WootSauce the mastery book holds all masteries, including the bard masteries. The bard mastery book has been expanded to include all masteries, and is now simply a mastery book.
Please change the coding of the book to only display the masteries that a character has actually learned. The scrolly list in the EC looks awful.

Sell the mastery book on scribe NPCs for 500 gp.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Leave the cards in, no valid reason for them to be rare now. Its fun deco. Plus everyone and their GD is probably farming them like mad, hoping you remove the drop so they can cash in.

Please change the coding of the book to only display the masteries that a character has actually learned. The scrolly list in the EC looks awful.

Sell the mastery book on scribe NPCs for 500 gp.

I hope u can delete these cards. if u don't turn off, u will piss off a lot of people including myself. how can this be on for this long and no one says anything. its the only valid thing to do

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can get mastery book from doing a bard mastery quest or completing Hawkwind's quest, although there is currently a bug with this that we are investigating.
Are you planning to provide a Mastery book quest on Felucca for non-Bard murderers, or are reds supposed to get the book via trading?

Maybe an agent of Minax who stole the secrets of Masteries from Hawkwind...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope u can delete these cards. if u don't turn off, u will piss off a lot of people including myself. how can this be on for this long and no one says anything. its the only valid thing to do
You mean all 25 people who still have server birth cards? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Keeping this kind of stuff "rare" just to appease a tiny minority is stupid.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So basically the ONLY way my char can get the mastery books is to kill Neira, the ONLY boss she has been told to kill. Even when cancelling the quest and doing it again, it is Neira, over and over for whatever mastery I select the quest for. I DO NOT WANT TO DO A FEL SPAWN. So please tell me how you get masteries without being FORCED to do spawns in fel?

If this is the only way to progress with the masteries then count me OUT. Someone said that you could do masteries by doing corgul and other non fel based spawns, and that there is some 'list' somewhere. Please advise where this list is and how you get to get a quest that does NOT require you to kill Neira.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can kill Neira in Trammel at an Ilshenar spawn. Humility, valor etc. they kinda suck as no power scrolls though. If anything the quest should be based around the NEW spawn. Not the old ones.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cancelled the 'Merkatus' quest repeatedly, since that was the only one offered, but the next day I got 'Semidar', so basically if you don't get a boss you can do try again tomorrow, I think?

Also we need to remember that the Ilsh spawns, Valor and Humility, can be any of the 5 rotating spawns, so it's possible to do Semidar, Neira or any of the others in Ilsh, just may need patience waiting for the right one to spawn.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cancelled the 'Merkatus' quest repeatedly, since that was the only one offered, but the next day I got 'Semidar', so basically if you don't get a boss you can do try again tomorrow, I think?

Also we need to remember that the Ilsh spawns, Valor and Humility, can be any of the 5 rotating spawns, so it's possible to do Semidar, Neira or any of the others in Ilsh, just may need patience waiting for the right one to spawn.
And deal with the paragon spawn as well. *sighs* It would of been nice to get the masteries doing stuff OTHER than spawns.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mean all 25 people who still have server birth cards? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Keeping this kind of stuff "rare" just to appease a tiny minority is stupid.
Indeed! I have a lot of rares, and I would rather see them all available in game. More fun for everyone is more fun for everyone. :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Indeed! I have a lot of rares, and I would rather see them all available in game. More fun for everyone is more fun for everyone. :D
Oh absolutely! And it's not like most this junk hasn't been duped to oblivion anyway. You can't tell me that every server birth rare is original anyway... 90% of them are probably duped. Besides it's a deco item... not like anyone really sees what other people have anyway.... I mean really 90% of the "rare" stuff folk have is locked up tight in private homes in private collections never to be seen by Joe Q Public anyway... so meh...

fajico

Seasoned Veteran
Premium
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Add it as a new craftable to Inscription, because it's a book... Scribes need new work to do too.

Min skill: 80.0
Ingredients: 10x Blank Scroll, 1x Scroll of Alacrity, 10x Scroll of Transcendence(any skill and points work)

While bard characters only need to calm 5 mongbats to get a mastery book, non-bard characters need to kill a champ...? That's simply a bad design.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While bard characters only need to calm 5 mongbats to get a mastery book, non-bard characters need to kill a champ...? That's simply a bad design.
Yeah, I thought it was a pretty random choice myself. I really don't feel like a book that HOLDS your skills needs to be earned. It's like asking people to do a champ to get their weapon specials book.

It should have just been made part of the interface. The fact we have to carry a book around is kinda silly.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Or it's forcing you to do in game content? Yea, you're all right. Who wants to do in-game content to earn their reward anyways...

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
cant you just toss this book on an npc somewhere?
A Bard can do the Bardic Quest and get a mastery book with 45 masteries. Then do the quest in Eodon to get the mastry. I can see all the Masteries but on Taming, the one I completed, shows as able to use. Hope this helps.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
doesn't help people that do not have bard. it will be fixed but don't know when

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I spammed the peacemaking quest earlier and got 5 books for random people that needed them.

I will do this again tomorrow if anyone is on Origin that still needs a book.

I also placed the remaining 3 that I have on a vendor in Luna for anyone that still needs one.

Enjoy!
upload_2015-10-3_2-0-51.png

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spammed the peacemaking quest earlier and got 5 books for random people that needed them.

I will do this again tomorrow if anyone is on Origin that still needs a book.

I also placed the remaining 3 that I have on a vendor in Luna for anyone that still needs one.

Enjoy!
View attachment 37354
Thanks @Larisa ! I don't have a bard on Origin I almost bought a mythic token just to create one lol, I appreciate saving the $$.

Oh as of this writing there was still one left on her vendor.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Glad I could help!

Am doing the quest again so there will be more books available soon!

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The initial design of the mastery quests was never to make them difficult or very time consuming to obtain. Since true skill is factored players have already earned their mastery status from gameplay time.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so we are suppose to test this stuff on Origin.... but we cant test the masteries because we dont have mastery books.

i did 2 turtle spawns and got 4 mastery primers.
they are not skills my tamer has so i want to give them to my other characters to use, but they cant, because they dont have books.
even if they DO fix it so that the guy at the Eoden gate that give you quest gives you a book when your done that will not help because none of my guys other then my tamer have done the quest - they got the primers FROM my tamer.

they are going to have to make it so you can get the book off a NPC by buying it or something.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 15 of the mastery books on Origin if anyone wants one. Will be in Luna on a character named Carolyn in the 4H guild for a few minutes.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I will be putting more on my vendor as well so things can be thoroughly tested. We only have 3 days until this goes to all shards.

So far I've tested the ones I can..taming, archery, swords...all seem to be doing what they are supposed to.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
upload_2015-10-5_11-39-56.png

Hope this helps!