• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mastery Ability

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone, have the requirements for using the magery ability been changed?
I tried to use this skill from my swordsman (swordsmanship), and the message I get is: " you are not on the correct path for using this mastery ability".
I completed the Hawkwind the time lord quest, and I eat all 3 swordsmanship skill books .
I need help, please!

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello everyone, have the requirements for using the magery ability been changed?
I tried to use this skill from my swordsman (swordsmanship), and the message I get is: " you are not on the correct path for using this mastery ability".
I completed the Hawkwind the time lord quest, and I eat all 3 swordsmanship skill books .
I need help, please!
Did you click your book of masterys and select swords as your active mastery?

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sounds like you have another mastery selected. as above click on the book, and choose swords mastery. If you play EC are the mastery icons faded out meaning u dont have them selected?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There was a change made with regard to soul stones and masteries, you didn't move a skill to a soul stone recently? I'm not 100% sure what was changed but there was a lot of talk about it a while back. Just thought I'd mention it in case it affected you.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt there is a macro to change Masteries. You have to click the book and select which Mastery you want to use.
Okay, this is very simple, it depends on the client you use, if it is the enhanced client, you have in the toolbar, an icon that is called macro.
In the context menu, drag the desired skill from the mastery book, and you select whether the target is yourself or something else.
this is the simplest macro, if you want i can open another post, and do another very complex macro tutorial from the enhanced client.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Okay, this is very simple, it depends on the client you use, if it is the enhanced client, you have in the toolbar, an icon that is called macro.
In the context menu, drag the desired skill from the mastery book, and you select whether the target is yourself or something else.
this is the simplest macro, if you want i can open another post, and do another very complex macro tutorial from the enhanced client.
In the CC you have to change your ACTIVE MASTERY by clicking the Book of bard masteries once and selecting which one you want ACTIVE. You cant just pull the mastery skills from book, you have to select which mastery is active before using the skill.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the CC you have to change your ACTIVE MASTERY by clicking the Book of bard masteries once and selecting which one you want ACTIVE. You cant just pull the mastery skills from book, you have to select which mastery is active before using the skill.

Thank you ! I confess that it's been 7 or 8 years that I no longer use CC, I didn't remember that anymore.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you gonna post that macro that changes masteries? :) Both clients can make a macro to use them. But you still have to be on the correct path. And from what I have heard, you click the book to change to the mastery you want in either client.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you gonna post that macro that changes masteries? :) Both clients can make a macro to use them. But you still have to be on the correct path. And from what I have heard, you click the book to change to the mastery you want in either client.
Yes, you have to do it all the ways (there are sixteen) and "read" all three levels of the ability of each one individually ... and ... kill at least 2 legendary boss, if this is your case, I use in my sampire three mastery skills. :thumbup:
I'm trying to make the chilvary way now ... but if Hawkwind the lord the time, decide to give me another quest other than Shimering Efusion, he seems to like this quest.;)

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
which abilities did you try to use ?
the sworsmanship skill, I get the message that I haven't completed the path of halility.
although i'm sure the problem is not this skill, i solved my ninja pvp and i always used the skill of shill ninjutso, but the message is the same i can't use this mastery skill because i didn't complete the skill path, I told you this is not real I always used this mastery skill in pvp combat ... right now for some reason I can't use it anymore

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You can only have one mastery active at a time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, you have to do it all the ways (there are sixteen) and "read" all three levels of the ability of each one individually ... and ... kill at least 2 legendary boss, if this is your case, I use in my sampire three mastery skills.
You do not have to kill that quest boss. or even start the quest. You can cancel it and get a different boss or just cancel it. The reward is a low primer.

All you need is the Mastery book and eat primers and have skill for the masteries you want. You do not have to read all 3 levels. You just eat Primer III.

Eat a Swords primer III and you are finished with that one.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do not have to kill that quest boss. or even start the quest. You can cancel it and get a different boss or just cancel it. The reward is a low primer.

All you need is the Mastery book and eat primers and have skill for the masteries you want. You do not have to read all 3 levels. You just eat Primer III.

Eat a Swords primer III and you are finished with that one.
Yes it changes the quest every twenty-four hours, real time. The problem is that I am not always able to play every day even in time of corana virus.
And when it is only necessary to eat the third book, I didn't know, dammt I think I'm an ignorant!:gee:
Thank you , Pawain you are the best! :)

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds like you have another mastery selected. as above click on the book, and choose swords mastery. If you play EC are the mastery icons faded out meaning u dont have them selected?
I can drag the icon on the EC straight to the "service" toolbar and nothing happens the message is the same, I just tried with other mastery in others chars, what is happening with this option? can someone please tell me if mastery is disabled, please?

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please someone else is having the same problem that I am facing with mastery ability?
I have seven characters in this account and I just verified that everyone who has mastery, which worked before, stopped working .

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are not selecting the mastery you want to use. You are dragging spells into your shortcuts.

Which client? In CC you left click the book and choose switch Mastery. Then choose Swords from the list.

When you eat a Primer, it stays with the toon. The book does not contain them. So switching the book around toons will do nothing.

1587957588886.png

Click switch mastery and you get:

1587957630347.png

Choose the one you want.

Are you seeing these menus when you are trying?

Yes it changes the quest every twenty-four hours, real time. The problem is that I am not always able to play every day even in time of corana virus.
You do not need to do the quest, You do not have to go to Hawkwind!

Masteries were put in the game before Eodon existed.

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are not selecting the mastery you want to use. You are dragging spells into your shortcuts.

Which client? In CC you left click the book and choose switch Mastery. Then choose Swords from the list.

When you eat a Primer, it stays with the toon. The book does not contain them. So switching the book around toons will do nothing.

View attachment 107807

Click switch mastery and you get:

View attachment 107808

Choose the one you want.

Are you seeing these menus when you are trying?

You do not need to do the quest, You do not have to go to Hawkwind!

Masteries were put in the game before Eodon existed.
Good info, Pawain. Thanks.