• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Peacemaking] Masteries, area peace observations...

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bit of background, my Bards, in the past, used the skill for skill gain, and recently, used the masteries for skill gain. Decided to add Peace to my tamer. Locked music at 100, total skills were 720, (had some meditation skill points to switch to other skills), used tinker made instruments to raise Peace from 115 to 120. This did not start out as a test, so I'm calling it my Observations in gaining Peace. I used approx 38 lutes for the total gain, took approx 20 hrs or so.

I setup my macro in EC, instruments, start of resilience, end of resilience, area peace. Put in the appropriate delays so by the time the macro completed, all mana was back. I put the instrument (showed all in pack) in the first space on the macro so I didn't have to worry about end of use on an instrument.

I set everything up, computer is below my TV, wife was out of town for a few days so I could sit and watch movies and macro to my hearts content for as long as I wanted to.

After gaining just under a point in Peacemaking, I noticed that the gain I had gotten was from area peace, not from masteries. Kinda surprised me I guess. I went back into the journal and found all skill gains to that point were from area peace.

Long story short, I checked the journal on and off, after checking 38 of the 50 skill gains, only one of gains came from masteries, the rest from area peace.

Using masteries for gains in Provo and disco have been a great alternative to having to be in the field trying to get gains at higher skill level, but I think maybe next time I'm gaining peace, I'll be going with area peace and maybe not worry about masteries for peace.

Anyone notice this before?

reed taylor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100% with ya. I'm a gain nerd and I've noticed that post 100 most of my gains came off area peace. My macro is area peace bard mastery on off on off area peace pause repeat. 115.0 Right now. Slow gains...

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i went from 0-120 in a couple days with just area peace too.