• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Master stroke Devs for Phase 2 of the Turn-In

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turn Ins for phase 2

''Holiday and Valentine's gifts'' = Peeps have loads of random gifts, like candles,snowmen 25 xmas trees etc etc cluttering up there homes!! yah yah trade me in!!

SoS and MiBs and Treasure Maps and fishing nets =Treasure loot is rarely worthwhile the effort, so dump em into the collection box, loot monsters more to get the maps too....

Power and stat scrolls (all kinds) = get people back into Felluca at the champion spawns to colect more power scrolls, also the value will increase for the lesser scrolls too, making it more worthwhile the risk of getting them

Artifacts (various kinds - minor, Doom, etc) Again peeps have heaps of this crap in there houses, time to trade in those doom/tokuna stealable artifacts and pargon marties. This will also encourage people back to doom and tokuna to steal the artifacts and get peeps back into Ilshnear fighting the paragons!!

Grobu's Fur ?? Lol no idea but its easy get and as never had a use...

Really well thought out..know whats for phase 3 i wonder ...muahhahaha......as he rumbles through his chests of junk.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand these items are cluttering up people's homes but why have turn-ins for them? If people don't want em they can just dump em in the trash bin or give them away or sell em. I really don't see the point and i think it's stupid.

Mibs and SOSs really turned my head. Why not just make them suck less? Don't get me wrong, some things were ok for turnins like the ophidian items and other event items that were supposed to have some purpose but now they are just adding anything that may randomly be in people's chests for some odd reason.

...And i am a packrat and have all this stuff.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they are getting you to hand in the SOS's and MiB's becuase they are about to overhaul the system and make it alot better. What better way to stem a flood of new loot than to get you to all hand in what ya need...

Maybe?

(Looking forward to it if they are)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy about the turn in and can't wait. I want at least one of every item they have told about so far. And letting people turn in this stuff gives more people a chance to get what they want. Wtg devs on this one I think you did a great job. =)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh that was my post wasnt it..heheheeeeee

Still the master stroke is making people go back to doom and tokuna and steal the commoner arties....go back to ilshnear and fight the paragons to get some more marties...and go back to felluca and do the champ spawns to get some power scrolls...that will be the master stroke!!

BUT ONLY!!! If the points awarded for each item are gonna be worthwhile a player doing it again and again...For instance i aint been back into Glow since the swords and shields only got 100 points each- its not worth the hassle..so the devs are gonna have to make a good balance for points return....

THP

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh that was my post wasnt it..heheheeeeee

Still the master stroke is making people go back to doom and tokuna and steal the commoner arties....go back to ilshnear and fight the paragons to get some more marties...and go back to felluca and do the champ spawns to get some power scrolls...that will be the master stroke!!

BUT ONLY!!! If the points awarded for each item are gonna be worthwhile a player doing it again and again...For instance i aint been back into Glow since the swords and shields only got 100 points each- its not worth the hassle..so the devs are gonna have to make a good balance for points return....

THP
That little bit I totally agree with....... I know how you feel there... I felt the same way..... all that hard work worth only 100 points????? Bah. I certainly hope all the junk I have at my home is worth more than the trouble it takes to turn it in.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I also find some of the new turn-ins interesting.

1. There are no craftibles to turn in
2. There are no resources to turn in
3. Gold isn't to be turned in

BUt by the same token, special loot that's gone "stale" is now on the list making it viable again if only for a while.

I also wonder if it isn't part of a bigger plan to revamp the loot/item system to give us a reason to part with the items we have now (for formerly unavailable deco and new stuff) in order to be able to more easily add in the new stuff without there being as much of an annoyance when it happens (ala AOS's release).

Makes me wish I knew what the big picture gameplan was because I see a LOT of parts to one.

Case in point, when they nerfed Bags of Sending, I thought it was a horrible idea, but then they changed ore, wood, and with the super dragons leather collection which tells me that they are adjusting the input rate of resources downwards (at least in theory if not practice).

So now I'm wondering what the big picture is with all of the items and the turn in. The first round was obvious... event items that were either stated would have a use or simply had limited or no apparent use. Second round gets a bit more interesting with artifact, MIB, and TMap turnins.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I understand these items are cluttering up people's homes but why have turn-ins for them? If people don't want em they can just dump em in the trash bin or give them away or sell em. I really don't see the point and i think it's stupid.

Mibs and SOSs really turned my head. Why not just make them suck less? Don't get me wrong, some things were ok for turnins like the ophidian items and other event items that were supposed to have some purpose but now they are just adding anything that may randomly be in people's chests for some odd reason.
I agree. Though they really can't win.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been thinking today, if i'm right they seem to be adjusting the balance of virtually everything in the game.

Now they cant make items just vanish (well they can, but not without alot of shouting from us) and they cant just do a big hit change (Cos look at all the moaning before). So I'm thinking that this year when SA is released (Got a feeling it'll be a store release too with KR on DVD) that the gameplay will be alot more.. balanced.. or adjusted if you want to how it should be.

I'm begining to get a wee bit excited about the changes coming up, becuase with etch publish now there is more balance issues, more items spawning less etc etc.

Put it like this, anyone else noticed that marties and virtue drops seem to have slowed?

I'm expecting a crafter change in the near future. More/less items maybe with a revised crafting menu and organisation...

Can feel it in my water...