• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] Marking Colored spots w/ runebook question.

J

jp78

Ok, gm'd lumberjacking and wanted to mark runebooks for the different colors.

I got a full yew and heartwood that I found and marked personally. As I kept going back to most of the spots I marked, the trees did not yield the same color. Most times differing to oak or ordinary boards.....

Whats up with that? I've been gone for 2years so did something change? Is it even worth trying to mark runebooks for colors these days?

D

Dragonchilde

Yes. There's no point in marking spots permanently anymore; all collectible resources like ore and logs are on a random cycle; every time you chop/mine, there's a chance that the tree/vein will change to another type. It's supposed todiscourage scripters by making it impossible to mine one spot for valorite endlessly. ;) What you CAN do is mark high-yield spots... They'll keep cycling, and you'll always have high-yield whatever you get.

M

MoneyMaker

It sucks, true, But it made the "rare" resources rare again.
It also brought the value of the rare resources back to acceptable levels, for those of us who mine/chop the honest way (actually attending the process, not the overnight unattended scripts).
Just as Dragonchilde suggested, mark the high yeilders. It pays off in the long run.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's tougher to do with LJ than with mining, but try to mark the high percentage return trees, for example if you find an oak that give 200 oak/300 wood total that would be a 66% return tree and not bad. So if it ever turns into frostwood it'll be a great frost giver. You might find a tree that gives you 400 regular wood but only 20 ash and thats just terrible, unless you need regular wood for some reason.

I'm not personally going back to LJ (not for any extended chopping sessions) untill they give us some way of upgrading trees or being able to tell what they are quickly and without doing 4 to 6 chops, or having to chop them out so we don't miss a resource tile. It's way too much of a hassle, and wood really isn't needed like ore is anyways, so I prefer to spend my resource gathering time mining.

J

Jermosh

Yes and no, some feel a spot that yields colors tend to always yields colors of some level. But I have had special trees that have stayed on a particular color for a few months now.