• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Markets.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made this a Suggestion:

With Vendor Search coming It might be a good idea to place a market for each town (With a Governor).

On that market (20 Spots or so a town) you can place 1 vendor a account (And you need to be Citizen of that town.) A Small percentage of the sales of that vendor go to the City Treasury to be used to make Trade Deals. As a Governor it would be nice for Extra ways to fund our towns to make trade deals active. :)

Tweaks and Suggestions

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea of the vendors but I would maybe limit it to 10 slots and not have it take a percentage of the sales. Instead maybe have it work on a bid system like the New Magincia vendors and a percent of the winning bid goes to the city stone.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would like to see this Bazaar vendors in all towns, no matter if a Governor town or not, I would also love to see them in player towns together with a group of Gypsy npc vendors and a minter in large player towns like xroad East Brit, that is far away from a town.
How many each town should have, should depent of the city size. Brit should have like 7-10 at West bank and 3-5 at East bank.
Cove should have 3-5. A player town should have something like 1 spot for each 10 houses in the town or maybe for 15 large houses there could be placed.
Anything that can make the community stronger around NPC towns and in player towns are good for UO as a strong community make players stay.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that anything we can do to make the community stronger should be encouraged, especially around NPC towns. However, I think that adding a system like this to a player ran town would just cause more problems. Player towns can already place vendors in their own houses, which is not available at an NPC town. If there was a way to get a banker in a player ran town then there would be even less reason for people to go to an NPC town. I wouldn't mind so much limiting vendor numbers based on size of the town, but I still feel that more then ten is too many for any town other then New Magincia which already has the Bazaar. Probably wishful thinking but it would be great if they could tie the number of available slots to the number of citizens of each city at a certain reputation level. So like if Trinsic has 50 commendable level citizens and Jhelom has 30 then there would be more vendors available in Trinsic but Jhelom would still have some too.

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have often thought player vendors inside NPC cities would be awesome, but they can not be the same and private house vendors and a place to store things. For example a great rp option to have a flower shop, sell fruit, fish (if huge profit for the seller isn't the motive) or to bring rare and exotic antiques and collectibles from foreign lands, I liked the idea of the New Magincia bazaar though the decorative implementation IMO was lacking. It would have been so much more community feeling if they had been inside say a large outdoor market tent structure or commons that looked like it belonged to the city rather than being pens to hold live stock. City vendors should be limited rental, having to be renewed and perhaps the tax is on the original contract purchase that goes to the town. Or perhaps they could reuse the faction vendor system and allow a small number of vendors to sell the same goods as the shops but those sales go to the town stone. Would be a grand way to bring reagents, bottles, perhaps scrolls into Minoc! Vending or being a merchant isn't everyone's cup of tea but it'd be a start.