• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mark Jacobs' First "State of the Game" Address for Warhammer

L

love2winalot

Quote: "Almost every career is going to see some changes and love coming their way and there are very, very few changes that will be seen as reductions to a career’s abilities." end Quote

They should have added, "Unlike UO, where we will Nerf certain skills to death".

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mark seems to have an interesting style of mixing shameless spin with forthright mea culpas.

I don't like blaming Warhammer for any perceived ills here - I choose to believe that EA can walk and chew gum at the same time if they so choose.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mark seems to have an interesting style of mixing shameless spin with forthright mea culpas.

I don't like blaming Warhammer for any perceived ills here - I choose to believe that EA can walk and chew gum at the same time if they so choose.
I'll have to agree with you on this too, but personally I don't Like Mark Jacobs. Remember right before WAR launched UO had no in game support because they were all pulled to WoW for the weekend? His speech telling Gold Farms they could go to hell....Tactless. Man might be a good game designer but I don't see him as being someone who's view and demeanor I'd enjoy working under. If Warhammer continues to Boom, and it was a choice of Drop UO and move it's funding to Warhammer or Warhammer having to scrape by, I wouldn't doubt which choice he'd choose. I've done a little reading into DAoC and they are having the same issues, seems Warhammer is the focus right now, their GM support is awful and subscriptions are in decline. Oh that's right isn't Mark the one that did that bit about how all MMO's eventually go into a "Zombie Mode"..........