• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mark Jacobs Blog] What does WAR?s success or failure mean for the MMORPG market?

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, in an interview with MTV, I said that it was important for the MMORPG market for WAR to succeed. Of course, this point has been taken a bit out of context by a few people (no shock there) who seem to think I’m a bit full of myself or a way too proud of [...]

More...

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I am here getting all this glorious news i thought i would comment on this one.

My indication of how an MMO is going to do is usually based on one thing and that's the Community Management Team.

How the CM team operates and treats the community is usually a pretty good indication of how the game will be run post release. If the CMs are stand-offish or favor one faction of the community over another it is a pretty good bet that they will be that way post release.

This isn't generally a problem for games that run their own forums, but these days those are few and far between. I've seen good games that have taken a nose dive post launch because the CMs stop trying to lead their communities and assume that now that you have bought the game you will play past the initial 30 days.

If you want to kill a game there really is no faster way then to have a bunch of inept Community Managers who are just there for the cool job title.