• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Map Rework

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hoping in some kind of response I create a new post for it...

I was thinking about the game map, as it is now it doesn't feel very good tbh...
So here is what I think it should be:
- Map toggle action:
- Add an option to the action that allows to swtitch between map on and off and map big and small, so you can have 2 buttons to do that (or just 1 if you want the map always on)​
- Split the features between mini map and atlas:
- The minimap will always follow the player and be stripped by most of the buttons, so you can just check the coordinates and zoom (since it's too small to do anything anyway).
- The atlas will carry all the other features to search around, create/delete/edit waypoints, etc...​
- I think that it could also be useful a way to toggle certain waypoints.
- I think I've found a way to draw the server lines too

Anyway before starting this I'll need some feedbacks or I won't even start... I don't want to end up like for the healthbars where everyone had something against it...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry pinco I don’t like the new map system. Can I get the original back. The islands are no longer labels so I have no idea what islands is which now.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry pinco I don’t like the new map system. Can I get the original back. The islands are no longer labels so I have no idea what islands is which now.
the waypoints appears based on the scale you have on the map (unless you disabled them from the new filter system) :D

And no there is no way back, the new system is faster and better in so many levels... is only just a matter of learning how to use it, all the stuff that was there before is still there and more :p

Also if you'd like support I suggest you to use the discord server beacuse I've moved all there (is much easier to track everything than browsing 20 forums) :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco I'm unable to "line up" the maps and create a waypoint for T-hunting... can't do it... and I spend 10 min trying when I could have spent that time just digging up the chest.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco I'm unable to "line up" the maps and create a waypoint for T-hunting... can't do it... and I spend 10 min trying when I could have spent that time just digging up the chest.
lol why not? you just need to match the 2 images in my tests it took like 1-2 minutes max (knowing the shape of the map of course) :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Because that precise of mouse movement is REALLY hard on me. And it seems to always put the one map on serpents hold and dragging it all over trying to line them up is a royal pain.... I don't like this system while I can get them close they are always off by just a hair enough that it's useless for finding the actual spot I'm better off just eyeballing...

I liked the old way MUCH better.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because that precise of mouse movement is REALLY hard on me. And it seems to always put the one map on serpents hold and dragging it all over trying to line them up is a royal pain.... I don't like this system while I can get them close they are always off by just a hair enough that it's useless for finding the actual spot I'm better off just eyeballing...

I liked the old way MUCH better.
there is no old way tho... that's the only way to do it or through the davies locker... or you can create the waypoint manually if you want. I don't know what you mean by "old way" :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the new two map thing stinks... I prefer the old way where when you took them out of davies locker it plotted them

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the new two map thing stinks... I prefer the old way where when you took them out of davies locker it plotted them
Before the rework (like on default), you had to do all manually, that's the "old way".
You don't have to use the overlay mode if you don't want to, you can still do it manually. Also if you take the map out of the Davies locker you already get the waypoint so I don't understand what your problem is... this is what I call: getting lost in a cup of water :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I took 10 maps out of davies locker the other day I didn't get a single waypoint.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took 10 maps out of davies locker the other day I didn't get a single waypoint.
if the maps are not decoded there are no coordinates so no waypoints...

also is better to write on discord because waiting 1 day for an answer is slower than using a messenger pigeon :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
True but I don't decode them and put them back in that's a waste of time.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True but I don't decode them and put them back in that's a waste of time.
I can't get the coordinates if they are not there.... so if you want to get the waypoint for tmap you either learn to use the overlay mode or you decode the maps before putting them insided the locker, there are no other options :p