• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Manners!

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

I guess I am a rare breed in finding rudeness unacceptable no matter the damn scenario.

As I stated, had I ignored the person then I would have had no place to skill at the time because it was the only house open for the skill I was working on.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you stayed and skilled anyway.

Obviously it wasn't REALLY unacceptable. If you had REALLY regarded it as unacceptable you would have left.

P

poppet

TTL

We should pose this question to Miss Manners and see what she thinks about this. lol (thinking about how Miss Manners would freak if she received a question like this)

G

lol Poppet...and Ruby, I wouldn't stop posting b/c someone disagreed with me.

I'm disagreed with on the daily... :p

G

I mean on this post. Done, finished...no need for further dicussion on my part. I get ripped at every turn.

Oh wait that makes me sound like a "Pampered Princess"

G

<blockquote><hr>

I mean on this post. Done, finished...no need for further dicussion on my part. I get ripped at every turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
o.

Well I find nothing wrong with being pampered, but I wouldn't worry overmuc about people you don't know disagreeing with you on a game issue.

Don't take it personally.

P

poppet

You shouldnt stop posting because of it. We're all entitled to our opinion. I respect your thoughts and opinions as i hope others will respect mine

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
o.

Well I find nothing wrong with being pampered, but I wouldn't worry overmuc about people you don't know disagreeing with you on a game issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, I would rather be a pampered princess than a royal ass any day.

And that last statement isn't directed at you in any way shape or form.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
o.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, I would rather be a pampered princess than a royal ass any day.

And that last statement isn't directed at you in any way shape or form.

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO

I

imported_SimTripps

I have a fridge magnet that reads, 'Make yourself at home. Clean my kitchen!' lol.. We wouldn't expect our r.l. guests to clean our house, regardless of how much they've overstayed their visit lol.. Mind you, it is an unexpected courtesy when they actually do help out and clean... It's nice, but not expected...

G

Just to say, if that had happened to me I would stop going to that house.
I have a few such houses on my "list" that I avoid.

I like houses where the host makes you feel like you are a valued guest.
Favorite hosting style: The style that Max has, like "Don't clean the dishes, that's what the maid is for" even though that's unrealistic and we clean up anyway, it still makes you feel like a pampered, valued guest. Those who yell at others to clean up, really shouldn't host in my humble opinion.

Having said that, I'm not running a house of that type myself, so I might be more symphathetic if I was in the same situation.
But I think I would close it down before it got on my last nerve so I had to start yelling at my guests. (I hope I would.)

S

Sideliner

<blockquote><hr>

I have a fridge magnet that reads, 'Make yourself at home. Clean my kitchen!' lol.. We wouldn't expect our r.l. guests to clean our house, regardless of how much they've overstayed their visit lol.. Mind you, it is an unexpected courtesy when they actually do help out and clean... It's nice, but not expected...

[/ QUOTE ]

But by the same token, guest shouldn't expect their hosts to be acting servants or butlers either.

Sounds rather silly doesn't it? Arguing about whether a guest should clean or not is silly too.

Ever hear of ...following local customs? if a guest doesn't like the custom of the house, they should remember it's not their house. They can either get on board with the custom of the house or find a more compatible place to skill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I try to clean up my plate always, but I'll admit to a bit of irritation when my guy automatically cleans up every plate in the house.
I wouldn't get mad if the devs fixed it so that we could choose to "clean up" only our own, or "clean all" (every dirty plate).

[/ QUOTE ]

To avoid that, I click on one plate and then que up something else immediately behind it. It's only if that is the only task in the que that my sim will pick up up to 5 plates. I'm still with Ruby. I do not mind the signs that read stuff like "clean up your plates, your momma doesn't live here" and I don't mind the occasional 'guys I need some help until we can hire a maid, please try to clean up after yourselves', but for a host to DEMAND that of his guests is no better than a guest DEMANDING serenades or HC on command. The issue here isn't that we're lazy slobs, its that we are adults and do not appreciate being treated like a 5 year old being told 'clean your plate son, or no dessert for you'. If our mommas and daddies don't live in those houses then the owner and roomies need to stop acting as if they are our parents or bosses, I'd say.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We don't condone it, some are simply saying why whine about it when you have the ability to leave the lot or put the person on ignore? You have the tools to fix the problem, do it and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that the issue should not exist in the first place. Why should it be necessary to property hop to find good or even decent hosts? You say what's so hard about leaving the property, well my question is what's so hard about just not hosting for a while if you can't manage just a modicum of civility?

G

<blockquote><hr>

What's the problem? Why all the drama postings in this thread?

If you don't like the way a house is run don't go to it.

If you consider a person rude use the ignore feature.

Problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, But some sims don't use the ignore feature. -sighs-

I

imported_Qute Pi

So when you disagree here is the best solution to just push ignore?

I personally see no problem with the OP. And I agree with everything she has said so far.

Talking about manners can only help, it's not just about going to their property and how you're treated, its about our community and game. Everyone (including myself) should stop and take a look at their manners sometimes.

P

poppet

TTL

It doesnt bother me when my sim ends up cleaning all the plates in a house up, except when i have to pee really bad and im praying my sim runs out of dishes before she has an accident

G

*ttl*

Just to put some perspective in this debate. Someone said 'we are adults...', referring to players.

But in fact ,we are not *all* adults, nor do we *all* come from the same culture background and we probably will never all have the same expectations and perspective on what constitutes good game manners.

Given, the diversity of age, gender, economic levels and point of origin, there are bound to be some misunderstandings, offended sensibilities and disagreements about what is 'proper' game behavior. We can discuss what we think is proper, but in the end, it is up to each individual to behave as they think is best.

We are a community, an online society.... but we are also a game society with a diverse population. In the end we can only play by our own standards, try to exercise patience with the game style of other player's and avoid (w/boot, ban &amp; ignore) those that really upset or offend us.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ruby, I'm not trying to attack you or frustrate you, but understand there are three sides to every story.

And as of late everyone brings disputes to the forums.

Honestly, I'm not sure its rude for a lot owner to begrudge players food if they do not clean.

But if I found a situation that displeased me, i wouldn't stay there... even if it was the only skill lot opened.

[/ QUOTE ]
Way to not care, Jackie. [thumbsup]

You're not going soft on us are ya???

Cuz, I mean, that would be just too........ weird.
KnowutImean???

G

TTL

When people come to my house to visit in RL, I always tell them, first time you visit, you're a guest, and are treated as such. The second time you visit, you're family, and you fend for yourself.

In TSO, however, I treat all visitors the same. Serande them, make HC, and could care less if they clean up after themselves or not.

I was a guest at another property, and one of the roomies came up with the same scenario that Ruby was talking about. He was cleaning showers, and told me I better not use his freshly cleaned showers. I shrugged and asked "why would I wanna use a dirty shower?" and proceeded to step into the clean shower. Hehe....
He then told me that was it, no more food for me... again, I shrugged and said, okay, I can go home to eat. Now, to any other visitor, it may have seemed like he was being rude and demanding.... however, I have known this person for some time, and we were joking around. (BTW, I did, indeed, get more food) If this is the sort of scenario that was witnessed, ascertain, first, if the sims involved were joking around. If, however, it was directed at you, and you had never met the person, nor their alt sims, it might be easy to see why you were offended. Then, you can do one of several things... ask if they are kidding, just ignore the demand and continue playing the way you do, or leave the property and not come back. Simple. No need to get all upset, nor debate about it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What's the problem? Why all the drama postings in this thread?

If you don't like the way a house is run don't go to it.

If you consider a person rude use the ignore feature.

Problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, But some sims don't use the ignore feature. -sighs-

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they're trying to get the opinion of others playing the game. I don't see any particuler drama, considering. I think the forums are here for purposes such as that as much as they're here to discuss more technical simmy issues such as the money problems and bugs. As long as they aren't outing the particuler houses and sims involved, I don't see a problem with posts such as this. Everyone needs to vent a little, and it helps to hear the opinions of other sims.