• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] Mana Requirements

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should mana requirements for scroll making be revisited?
Just making a bunch of scrolls and would like to not have to meditate every 4 scrolls while stocking my 8th circle pack. I understand that people might script 8th level scrolls to NPCs if all mana restrictions were removed but just looking for a break for the legit crafter. Perhaps if LMC worked on inscription crafting, maybe that would be a happy medium.

Also I think it interesting that mana requirements are not listed on the inscription menu. Sure they are obvious for magery scrolls, but for necro and mysticism they are not as obvious and you have to look them up in their corresponding spell book.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
u can loot the bundles of high level scrolls off certain high end bosses. helped alot

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I made a similar request in UHall a few months back. While some were receptive, others misunderstood and thought it was providing some sort of advantage in pvp.

I wasn't suggesting changing how scrolls were used, keep them as-is. But crafting scrolls takes forever, even with 120 Meditation, 120 Focus, and a full MR30 suit.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a similar request in UHall a few months back. While some were receptive, others misunderstood and thought it was providing some sort of advantage in pvp.

I wasn't suggesting changing how scrolls were used, keep them as-is. But crafting scrolls takes forever, even with 120 Meditation, 120 Focus, and a full MR30 suit.
Yeah, I see that type of response often. Tis a shame

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I made 1000 gate travel scrolls for my house teleporters the other day, took for ever! I think they need to adjust it, just getting the reagents takes me ages.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree about Inscription. They don't really punish scripters anymore, yet place restrictions on them that affect what the people that do not script are doing too. So who are they punishing in reality? The same goes for mining. When I took a break some time ago.I had BOD books filled with valorite spots. When I came back they were absolutely worthless because they wanted to discourage script mining. Some of these policies could actually lead to an increase in scripting as well. People are tired of everything being so time consuming. Most of us actually have lives outside of UO