1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

[Inscription] Mana Requirements

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by TullyMars, Jun 24, 2017.

1. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Should mana requirements for scroll making be revisited?
    Just making a bunch of scrolls and would like to not have to meditate every 4 scrolls while stocking my 8th circle pack. I understand that people might script 8th level scrolls to NPCs if all mana restrictions were removed but just looking for a break for the legit crafter. Perhaps if LMC worked on inscription crafting, maybe that would be a happy medium.

Also I think it interesting that mana requirements are not listed on the inscription menu. Sure they are obvious for magery scrolls, but for necro and mysticism they are not as obvious and you have to look them up in their corresponding spell book.

Marquis de Sade 209 and Dizzy like this.
  2. Lord Arm

Lord Arm Sage

u can loot the bundles of high level scrolls off certain high end bosses. helped alot

3. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

I made a similar request in UHall a few months back. While some were receptive, others misunderstood and thought it was providing some sort of advantage in pvp.

I wasn't suggesting changing how scrolls were used, keep them as-is. But crafting scrolls takes forever, even with 120 Meditation, 120 Focus, and a full MR30 suit.

4. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I see that type of response often. Tis a shame

5. General Lee

General Lee Adventurer

I made 1000 gate travel scrolls for my house teleporters the other day, took for ever! I think they need to adjust it, just getting the reagents takes me ages.

TullyMars likes this.
  6. Marquis de Sade 209

Marquis de Sade 209 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I agree about Inscription. They don't really punish scripters anymore, yet place restrictions on them that affect what the people that do not script are doing too. So who are they punishing in reality? The same goes for mining. When I took a break some time ago.I had BOD books filled with valorite spots. When I came back they were absolutely worthless because they wanted to discourage script mining. Some of these policies could actually lead to an increase in scripting as well. People are tired of everything being so time consuming. Most of us actually have lives outside of UO