• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mana regen mystery

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 2 tamers. Both are 3x120 in real skills, both have 30 MR and 40 LMC. No Meditation or focus on either template. Both have lvl 3 taming mastery. One is an elf another is human.
The elf has no problem maintaining consume damage indefinitely. Human runs out after a few minutes.

The only other difference is that the elf has 208 mana and the human 182. I am stumped as to why the difference in either mana regen or mana consumption. Can race or difference in mana pool play a role?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Check to see if you have any non mage armor / non leather armor equipped?
Thank you! I did not think of that, and I did not realize it mattered if you did not have meditation on the template. Mystery solved lol.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you! I did not think of that, and I did not realize it mattered if you did not have meditation on the template. Mystery solved lol.
I didnt realise that either, I assumed non medable armour just meant cant use med with it, not that it slows regen regardless, handy to know.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have 2 tamers. Both are 3x120 in real skills, both have 30 MR and 40 LMC. No Meditation or focus on either template. Both have lvl 3 taming mastery. One is an elf another is human.
The elf has no problem maintaining consume damage indefinitely. Human runs out after a few minutes.

The only other difference is that the elf has 208 mana and the human 182. I am stumped as to why the difference in either mana regen or mana consumption. Can race or difference in mana pool play a role?
This might be a silly question, but is the lower mana cost the same on both them?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya know, since your not using med or focus why dont you make your suit out of studded than you can go up to 55LMC, with the 30MR it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

thats what i run on my tamer.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ya know, since your not using med or focus why dont you make your suit out of studded than you can go up to 55LMC, with the 30MR it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

thats what i run on my tamer.
I thought about it (my current suit is older). But now that I know that medability matters even without meditation, here's a question - are you sure that non-medable suit with 55LMC is better than medable with 40?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my old suit was 40LMC 30MR medable.
my new one is 55LMC and 30MR non-med.
for what i need it for it works better for me.
i only really cast recall, invis, greater heals.
i know when we are doing Shadowguard i can pretty much spam G-heals and not run down much at all.

math time!
G-Heal is 11 mana.
11-55%= 4.95 (so lets call it 5)
med regen from a non-med suit is 1.3/sec (with 150 int)
5/1.3= 3.8 seconds

G-Heal 11 mana
11-40%= 6.6
med regen from a med suit is 1.7/sec (with 150 int)
6.6/1.7= 3.8

so by the math they are exactly the same.

the above is for Elf, if your Human you get 0.2-0.3 faster med regen for both medable and non medable suits, so they would be 1.5 and 2.0 respectively.
but still the regen rate is exactly the same at 3.3 seconds for G-Heal for both.

all that does seem strange, because i know i can cast a HELL of a lot more spells with my new suit that i ever could with my old suit.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my old suit was 40LMC 30MR medable.
my new one is 55LMC and 30MR non-med.
Perfect, that's exactly what I do with my tamer.

How do you build such a suit?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
make the suit the same as you always do (which im assuming is the same as everyone does) but instead of using leather armor or mage armor use studded.
each piece of studded armor gives you 3% LMC over cap.
i like to top it off with a bone helmet - bone armor also gives you the 3% LMC per piece.

so once youve made the suit just imbue on your LMC 7% per piece and your LRC 18% per and then MR2 and that gives you 2 more slots per piece to bump up your resists or add HPI or MI or whatever you like.

so with just your normal suit of chest, pants, arms, gloves, gorget, helm with the above your sitting at LRC 108, LMC 42 (then the +15 for non medable armor puts you to 55%) and MR 12.
now all ya need to do is get yourself a boomstick (cheap) or SC weapon with MR on it. same with the shield. so lets say MR3 for boomstick and MR4 for a SC shield those are pretty common.
so now your at MR19
couple routes from here.
robe MR2, apron MR2, cape MR1 if your rich.
if not search for ring and bracelet you can usually find 0/3 to 1/4 FC/FCR stuff with 3-4MR on them each for cheap if you dont already have some farm farming.

throw it all together and your set.

if you need the ring/watch for skills then your gonna have to shop for a weapon and shield.
you can usually find gnarled staffs with MR9 on them.
those are good.
myself i like the one handed weapon and shield.

anyways, hope this helps.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can easily add MR 3 per piece if you have access to some spined tailoring kits too.
Really easy to reforge MR 3 on them. It will have a bit more imbuing weight due to it, but I find it to be well worth the trouble.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I thought about it (my current suit is older). But now that I know that medability matters even without meditation, here's a question - are you sure that non-medable suit with 55LMC is better than medable with 40?
I think that is debatable and depends on the situation and what you're doing. As a human with 0 med, if you have high Intelligence and lot of MR you can get pretty decent regen rates.

For a low Intelligence char, I would definitely go with 55 LMC