• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mana levels on Chiv only pets

Turkish

Journeyman
What do you all put for Mana on pets with only Chivalry and no special moves? (such as AI)

I have several 100% elemental damage drakes I'm training, and I'm realizing when I don't add AI, they don't consume nearly as much mana. I've been training them to my usual (around 400 mana) but it seems I could get away with a lot less. What do you all do? or what are your thoughts?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What level is their Chiv at?
An AI/Bushido Hiryu uses very little mana over time. An AI/RC/Poison Beetle uses very little mana over a long time.

I can not answer the Question: I would not build a Pet with just Chiv and no special move.

Turkish

Journeyman
The Chiv at this point is around 108, and it seems to use very little mana in general.

Yeah, certainly not an all around template. I'm making it for low/single resist targets and as a support pet for group adventures; such as having a 100% energy damage Drake with another pet with conductive blast (such as a Triton) to take full advantage of the special move.

I've made a 100% cold drake for fighting some of the fire-based mini-spawns and it was quite effective for those few purposes. I don't recall if it was Chiv only though, maybe Chiv and FWW? I know I wasn't putting AI on them since I was targeting an already low resist as it was.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only use a cold drake on a toon for Charybdis. I have not looked at the mana.

IMO you are lucky the pet does not drop to low mana quickly.

Chiv skills are cheap but they do not use them like toons do. Consecrate is 1 hit. They turn EoO on and off.

Magic Ability: Chivalry | uo-cah.com

Others can give their experiences.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With Chiv only, a pet basically never runs out of Mana. With 30 MR, 370 INT, GM Focus and GM Med, they regen Mana faster than Chiv uses it. When skill training a Chiv+AI WW or Triton, i'll put Chiv on first, then only after they reach 120 Chiv, do i put AI on them (faster Chiv gains, this way they don't use Mana/time on AI). With only Chiv, they never run out of Mana.

Turkish

Journeyman
Yes, that has been my experience so far too. Chiv is now at 112/115 and still barely moves the mana. It seems I could have raised mana to 75-100 and had plenty (for a Chiv only pet). That would have left 50 more points for hp, or bringing a few other skills to 120.