• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Malas vendor prices?

M

marcelom

hi guys, i returned to UO after 8 years, i am learning about all this new game, and i found that Malas have a lot of vendors in each house, but the prices are extremelly high, scamming prices that even a stupid person don't pay, you walk out the city and find the regular prices accesible for our pockets.. to make a simple difference i found in Malas a regular ring (but a good one) at 16.000.000!!! i walked out the city and found vendors that sell similar rings at 10k, 50k tops..
why is happening this? its courious to see that only inside Malas the prices are so high, in the rest of the UO territory (found Yew moongate as well for good vendor prices), the prices are good and normal.
Just asking about vendors in the shard, hope you can give me good advices about this matter.
Cheers!

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since Luna came out it has been like that...a lot of shop owners abuse the convinience Luna provideds.

Sadly since that alot of the regular shops went out of buisness because of that. A lot of people when they look for something go to Luna since there is most the vendors on a pretty small area. A certain site that i cannot name here didnt help the whole thing eather.

But for us Bargain shoppers the small Malls are still the best since you dont pay the insane Luna prices and can still have everything available.

BTW anyone needing Vendor spots can find them allmost anywhere for free, unless you feel like paying up to 500k a week in Luna.

There is plenty available, like my Library :)

S

Static

I Pride my luna vendor shop on having the cheapest Ingots and Gems In Atlantic. I usually beat the bank deals.

But i for sure beat the "typical" luna ingot prices. Who wants to pay 25gp for Iron ingots? LOL none of my customers.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree it is the convience of shopping at Luna and the theory that if you put a large price tag on a decent item someone will think it has to be a must have item. Lots of gold and little UO experience = guillible.

S

Static

I feel sorry for other vendor homes outside luna (Homes not in or around luna) due to lacking customers.

BUT for people who read this little area, look at mystic gardens or Tresure trove a simple idea with lots of advertisment and alot of hardwork pay's off to make a vendor destenation. :)

M

marcelom

Well i want to place a vendor, how is it? you let me put a vendor for free in your place, what's your profit doing that?
(i am interested i have gathered stuff and i would like to sell it)

S

Static

i rent my spots for 50k a week, they are scanned by those websites i cannot say. its quite a cheap price for a luna home that is right outside the gates

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run the one of the vendorhouses Static mentioned - Mystic Garden.
We rent free vendors out - the profit in that for me is basically more vendors = more traffic.
If you have a vendorhouse not in Luna that can supply most peoples needs, they'll come to you.

Oh ya, and thanks Static ;)

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i want to place a vendor, how is it? you let me put a vendor for free in your place, what's your profit doing that?
(i am interested i have gathered stuff and i would like to sell it)
I can only speak for me and i am not after profit :)

U

UOKaiser

I Pride my luna vendor shop on having the cheapest Ingots and Gems In Atlantic. I usually beat the bank deals.

But i for sure beat the "typical" luna ingot prices. Who wants to pay 25gp for Iron ingots? LOL none of my customers.
Thats well and good though luna is a small economy. People can go to outside venders and get things cheaper of course. I for example if people find my venders spread around britania they will get reseller value on them. But in luna prices has to keep up whith each other. For example if someone sells ingots for 17 another person will sell them for 16 and another will sell them 15 all the way down to 1 gold a ingot if they have to. Most likely scenario if ingot is going for 25 all around and you sell them for 17 then they will buy you out all the time so much you cant keep up and resell them at there vender for 25.
See its a very sensitive economy of supply and demand but for those who really want deals they will have to spend hours if not days searching each and every house in the outskirts and boomdocks many players cant spend there game time doing that so they just go to heavy populated area and pay the increase price and go on with there buseness.

Lets not forget that alot more than half the players of all UO have millions and millions of gold even heading to the billions wouldnt make sense selling things too cheap when theres so much gold going around that people leave gold on monster corpses.

S

Static

Very True.

I think what it comes down to is 2 things.

#1 Being consitant- My Vendors are restocked every Sunday Morning, these last few weeks i have had 10-15 guest waiting to buy my stock of goods. My Prices Might be on the high side one week at 17gp each and there selling everywhere else for 10gp. But Will that 10 GP per ingot vendor stay stocked, everyweek? History has proved itself, no. And thats where i capilize on. Every week on time, the same stock.

#2 being convienant- Will my vendor house is just outside luna, If people could click the mouse just for 15 more sec's, they would arrive at my vendor home. While I KNOW vendor homes that sale iron for 25gp each and i sale mine for 17gp each, they will always sale out before i do, because i do not spend 4mill a week on a vendor spot, and its just outside the bank.

That Being said, I know i missed some VERY important Vendor Destinations, And for that im sorry, just what came to my head then :).

Always Remember for Ingot & Gem's Need's

The Blind Man's Outlet is the Only Place to Go!
Prices so good its hard to find........

U

UOKaiser

Very True.

I think what it comes down to is 2 things.

#1 Being consitant- My Vendors are restocked every Sunday Morning, these last few weeks i have had 10-15 guest waiting to buy my stock of goods. My Prices Might be on the high side one week at 17gp each and there selling everywhere else for 10gp. But Will that 10 GP per ingot vendor stay stocked, everyweek? History has proved itself, no. And thats where i capilize on. Every week on time, the same stock.

#2 being convienant- Will my vendor house is just outside luna, If people could click the mouse just for 15 more sec's, they would arrive at my vendor home. While I KNOW vendor homes that sale iron for 25gp each and i sale mine for 17gp each, they will always sale out before i do, because i do not spend 4mill a week on a vendor spot, and its just outside the bank.

That Being said, I know i missed some VERY important Vendor Destinations, And for that im sorry, just what came to my head then :).

Always Remember for Ingot & Gem's Need's

The Blind Man's Outlet is the Only Place to Go!
Prices so good its hard to find........
LoL I had a feeling it was you. Im one of the people who bought out youre gems and ingots. Didnt touch iron as i have so much of it already. Im guilty of reseling those that I bought from you but those prices where too low to ressit made double profit on them :) Though am sure you can get alot more from it i guess it's what youre goal is to sell it all in 1 day or to sell it over time. But I always consider the more trouble in getting a certain object the more it should sell for especially if its iin demand.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to make a simple difference i found in Malas a regular ring (but a good one) at 16.000.000!!! i walked out the city and found vendors that sell similar rings at 10k, 50k tops..
why is happening this?
It would be nice if you could post the stats of both rings. Although they may look similar, there is probably a good reason why one is valued at 16 million and the other 10k.

M

marcelom

It would be nice if you could post the stats of both rings. Although they may look similar, there is probably a good reason why one is valued at 16 million and the other 10k.

its wasn't an uber piece of jewelry belive me.. i don't remember exactly but they had 2 skills between +5 and +10 (for a same template), 2 FCR, 1FC and a random resist

G

GFY

The biggest thing to remember is location, location, location.

If you go to a store at the mall you'll pay more for an item then you would if you found it at Walmart. Think of Luna vendors as the mall. They pay a lot for their sales space and still have to make a profit. If you want to take the time to travel all across Britannia you may find what your looking for but you can go to Luna and buy it if you can afford it.

There are also a lot of Luna vendors that run around buying up lower priced vendors and raising the price and reselling at Luna.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its wasn't an uber piece of jewelry belive me.. i don't remember exactly but they had 2 skills between +5 and +10 (for a same template), 2 FCR, 1FC and a random resist
As I said, unless you post exactly what it had there is not telling whether it was worth 16 million or not. Some pieces are insanely valuable with the right combination. Just from what you posted it could very well have been worth that with the right skill combination.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JC...since it seems to me that your pretty well up on Atlantic's equipment pricing (being that you PvP and have been on the shard for quite a long time), can you give me your estimate as to how much the following two pices would be worth in your opinion?
First one:
Bracelet
· Animal taming +12
· Mace fighting +11
· FCR 3
· FC 1
· DI 20%
-and-
Bracelet:
· Veterinary +13
· Provocation +11
· DCI 15%