• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making uo less laggy

Kevin Fitz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the right forum to post this on, but I have a question. I have an official OSI account, but have also been playing Outlands. The frame rates/overall experience when moving around is much smoother on Outlands vs. when I play on OSI classic client. Is it my settings that are causing this? How can I make the OSI experience smoother/less choppy looking?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the right forum to post this on, but I have a question. I have an official OSI account, but have also been playing Outlands. The frame rates/overall experience when moving around is much smoother on Outlands vs. when I play on OSI classic client. Is it my settings that are causing this? How can I make the OSI experience smoother/less choppy looking?
Which client are you using with OSI?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Can you check are all game client folders are excluded from real-time antivirus scan? Also add them to firewall exception list if you have it.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of it is the client. tOutlands uses a fork of ClassicUO, which just runs and looks a lot better than official classic client. I believe you can use ClassicUO on official shards (although it is "not allowed").

Official classic client is a miserable experience with frame rates. There is also a frame rate patch that some 3rd party programs provide. Again, "not allowed". It's a shame that to get the best experience you need to use software that is "banned"

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mean just look at the difference between these videos. Both atlantic. different clients

Kevin Fitz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The difference is crazy! Those videos are a perfect example of what I’m seeing (top) vs. what I’d like to see (bottom). After you experience a smooth version of classic client, it’s tough to go back to the regular one.

Elizaer

Adventurer
Official CC and EC are both full of memory leaks that the devs won't fix or can't afford to fix. You could run them on a $10,000 machine and it'll still have issues. Better to use something like ClassicUO, or other alternatives.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Elster, top person is also using cheat engine to increase FPS too. That's why he has cut off the taskbar, Bad comparison. You can tell this from the horse legs moving double speed.

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Personally, I prefer Orion on OSI and CUO on free shards.

I have had a few minor issues with CUO on OSI shards. Books in particular seem to not work right between CUO and CC.

Most of the free shards are designed for CUO and have their own customized CUO client (like Outlands).

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
outlands has a lot going on very impressed

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Every free shard is some how better than real uo maybe they should hire them
Honestly, you can download the servuo server and not change anything about it and it is still superior to OSI UO. I don't know why anyone plays this garbage anymore. Well... I do... but I can't help them.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is there an improved EC client? Seriously can’t stand the jagged movement.