• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Making money these days

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
@Jonathen Yes, you could imbue the damage - but that leaves you one imbue slot less for other properties.

@Theron The Origin description is less than helpful on that item.Since you already have an active account the one you need is the less expensive one with the description
Ultima Online:™ Stygian Abyss Expansion Pack (UPGRADE ONLY). This will supply you with an upgrade code which you will need to enter into the account management site

The more costly one is needed only if you are starting a new account.
You do need that expansion if you plan to train imbuing
So be it.....Jedi! :)

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Since you are here I might as well ask about this Pinco's UI thing.

It allows us to put more quick access buttons as I understand and I'm wondering is it's like a UOAssist for the EC?

How does it affect the map, does it add anything to it? I have Ultima Mapper, will it interfere?

I am very tempted to try this....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco's is a player made UI, it's not an add on like uoa. You can use mapper with it, but unless you're linking to a guild with it, it's not really needed.
We have a subforum specifically dedicated to it, if you'd care to check it out http://stratics.com/community/forums/pincos-ui.667/

P.S. If you know I'm online, and I don't answer here swiftly enough, try shouting for me in help chat - I'm probably in game. :D

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Pinco's is a player made UI, it's not an add on like uoa. You can use mapper with it, but unless you're linking to a guild with it, it's not really needed.
We have a subforum specifically dedicated to it, if you'd care to check it out http://stratics.com/community/forums/pincos-ui.667/

P.S. If you know I'm online, and I don't answer here swiftly enough, try shouting for me in help chat - I'm probably in game. :D
That's perfectly fine, thank you.

I'm going to give this Pinco's UI a shot and see how it is. They keep mentioning an EC PlaySound program, but I can't find it for download from a known reliable source. Would you happen to know were can I get it or even if I really need it?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So I guess that's it! These will be the final templates:

Human Character#1
Tailoring: 120
Blacksmith: 120
Mining: 100
Tinkering: 100
Arms Lore: 100
Imbuing: 120
Magery: 60

Elf Character#2
Alchemy: 100
Carpentry: 100
Lumberjacking: 100
Fletching: 100
Meditation: 60

Thanks a lot for the help!

I'll still need to find the crystal that will allow me to transfer 100 skill of Alchemy from one character to another, so I won't do it right now but will start on it soon.
Your crafter needn't mining. Now days you must be able to kill an ore elementals to mine profitably.
Help with crafting a 100% LL weapon
1. Gargoyle

2. Human
Magery 100
Tactics 100

1. Gargoyle for Imbuing bonus. Carpentry to be able to craft woodland/stone armor.

2. You will need a bonded Fire Beetle. Human for increased load. With a Mage Weapon you will be able to kill ore elementals (while mining) and accident monsters (while lumberjacking). But I prefer "mine" with my sampire (I use a soulstone to store mining).

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the input on the templates, but now I'm really confused. I don't remember how these skill interact with each other. As I recall magery alone wouldn't do much, so I guess tactics works with magery on that field?
And now you say I need to fight to get Ore? What happened to the pickaxe and the hours of digging? A lot has indeed happened in these last 10 years...

What's a POF and a LL weapon?

Another thing is that the character you mentioned, the one that should be a gargoyle, already exists since +/- 10 years ago and is a human...I can't change her to gargoyle, can I? I don't want to start over...:(

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet that it is super expensive, isn't it?
Pretty expensive, but if you have a full soulstone (not a fragment with limited charges) you could transfer the gargoyle skills onto a new gargoyle character and set up the existing human as a second character. You'd need to replace any powerscrolls used on the human i.e. for blacksmithing & tailoring, but they'll probably be cheaper than a race change token (I probably have a spare 120 tailoring you could have for free, maybe even a blacksmithing one)
edit - alternatively swap the imbuing for one of the skills on the other character, keep everything else on the human, it's only the imbuing that benefits from racial bonus. Mining and lumberjacking would be better on a human though for the extra carrying weight, so you might have to shuffle a few skills between those 2 suggested templates

The point about fighting for mining, is that it's more profitable if you can dig up and kill ore elementals. The skills on that proposed template don't all work together but as was mentioned, magery skill with a mage weapon will be enough to kill the elementals (I use a mage weapon bow) tactics will increase the damage you do with it. My own miner is more of a treasure hunter with bard skills & magery/mage weapon - separate point, if you're going to have a character for digging up treasure maps they will need mining skill as treasure chest locations are random nowadays.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite a lot of people who made, or changed, characters to gargoyle for the imbuing bonus have since changed them back. I suggest consulting other crafters before taking that step. You would need to weigh up the advantage of the slight bonus to imbuing success against the inconvenience of being unable to ride.
As an example - if you're getting your ore from elementals, what happens if one targets your fire beetle (if you have one)

Personally I prefer to dig my ore - mining is my 'chill out' skill, when I want to do something peaceful and non-combative.

The support skill for magery is evaluate intelligence

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Petra here for same reasons, but also because I find the gargoyle flying slightly annoying.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The bonus is great... when you need to imbue 600 intensity. I don't know exact numbers but probably about 50% more chance to success. From the other side this is not so important because it just allows you to save some gold. So you can have two human characters.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You would need to weigh up the advantage of the slight bonus to imbuing success against the inconvenience of being unable to ride.
As an example - if you're getting your ore from elementals, what happens if one targets your fire beetle
Another reason to get a human miner: gargoyles can't wear mining gloves to reach 105 mining which is useful for smelting.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Wow I didn't expect to get all this great support when I first started the thread, thank you all for the help!

@ CorwinXX: thanks a lot for your input on this, I really appreciate it. As you mentioned if it's just save some gold, I will keep the initial templates for now. I guess I can always change later ;)

Final templates:

Human Character#1

Elf Character#2
Meditation: 60

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
In my "noobness" I failed to realize how much Carpentry interacts with other skills like Tailoring, Blacksmith and Tinkering in order to produce other items.

As CorwinXX mentioned before, Carpentry would be better off with the Tailor/Smith/Tinker, but I didn't see it at the time. Which will probably make arms lore useless in the Gatherer, won't it? Also I don't think I'm too much into fletching so I might drop it as well...

Is there any inconvenience to switch Mining for Carpentry between the two characters? I will most likely turn the Human into an Elf as well, via the Quest, for the Musicianship. And quite possibly the gatherer will become a human the same way for the weight bonus.

Character#1 (Elf, previously human)

Character#2 (Human, previously Elf)
Magery: 60?
Meditation: 60?
Now missing 200 skill points for something else...Maybe should bet more on magery to fight spawns while mining and lumberjacking? It would also help with the Inscription.
Magery: 100
Meditation: 100
Evaluate Intelligence: 100

Oh boy....talk about going round and round :confused:

Last edited: