• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Making cost of an imbued Turquoise Ring ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Roughly, all in all (fails and such), how much could it cost to make and imbue this Turquoise Ring ?

- Enhance Potions 25%
- Hit Chance Increase 15%
- Defense Chance Increase 15%
- Swing Speed Increase 5%
- Damage Increase 25%
- Durability 255/255

I am asking because I saw one on a vendor with a price tag of 35 millions on it.....

Is this ring such an expensive item to make and imbue ???

T

Teardrop

Roughly, all in all (fails and such), how much could it cost to make and imbue this Turquoise Ring ?

- Enhance Potions 25%
- Hit Chance Increase 15%
- Defense Chance Increase 15%
- Swing Speed Increase 5%
- Damage Increase 25%
- Durability 255/255

I am asking because I saw one on a vendor with a price tag of 35 millions on it.....

Is this ring such an expensive item to make and imbue ???
Yes, because crafting a clean turq ring with 5% SSI and one or more of the other wanted mods, without unwanted mods, will be difficult and time consuming.

It took me well over a 1000 turqoises (a lot of mining, a lot of buying from vendors) to finally craft a ring with 5% SSI and 12% DI that I later imbued. I wouldn't sell it for 35m.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well it all boils down to one thing is 5% ssi worth 35 million!
the answer for me is not even close!
I would buy a lot of other things for 35 million!
but if you are someone who money is no object then yes go for it!

J

[JD]

Teardrop, what did those 1000 attempts cost you, both timewise and money wise in game to produce the ring?

Trying to determine if it's worth skilling a toon up to make it myself.

As I understand it the chance is totally random. I've read about people who it only took a hundred tries, others - thousands.

Thanks

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Teardrop, what did those 1000 attempts cost you, both timewise and money wise in game to produce the ring?

As I understand it the chance is totally random. I've read about people who it only took a hundred tries, others - thousands.

Thanks
Just based on current LS prices, the turquoise would have cost him ~10million, if he bought them all.

And yes, the RNG is most definitely random. I've burned (almost literally...) dozens of runics, and sometimes I get the desired results in the first couple of clicks, and then it takes me another 20 *runics* to get the same result on another piece.

If you do decide to skill up tinkering, and you have gm carpentry on the character already, stop every 10% or so, and make some boxes, keeping them sorted - the various levels of boxes would be of great interest to those training lockpicking, and you can make some decent gold by selling complete sets.

R

RichDC

Thanks
10 tries for my stealth archers :)

25EP
15HCI
8Dex
25DI
5SSI

(i dont want the DCI btw, its a stealth archer :p)