• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Making an archer

L

lancelot99

THinking of making an archer (tried sampire but don't have the gold to buy a decent enough suit, making my template useless for decent hunting)

So, my template so far ..

ARCHERY 110 (NEED CHEAP 120 SCROLL)
ANAT 110
TAC 110
HEAL 100
bushido 120

Thats it, now not sure where to go now..

maybe a necro archer? or chiv archer or even a mystic archer?? any adeas??

I would like to be able to take on decent pvm critters

Also, where is the best place to aquire a decent bow? still doing the quests in the elf town?

Thanks for all replies

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your going to need to find the same imbuers that you couldn't afford on your sampire. There are some tolerable craftable artifact bows but your not going to find anything just out there. It actually cost me far more to equip my archer then my sampire.

L

lancelot99

Shame.....

so even with the best skills, still need an 'uber' suit to hunt ..

Bring back the days when Valorite armour was all you needed to have fun...

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggest adding 84 chiv and 90 resist by adjusting the other skills a bit.
Necro or mystic archer need very good equipment to work well.

If you really want to hunt high end stuff, you need at least your own imbuer to make decent armor and weapons, otherwise it gets expensive.
A gm tailor is also nice to have to make armor, gm tailoring can be done in a day with around 300k gold, its worth the time.

There are not many builds that can be used to solo high end stuff without spending a lot of gold for equipment, it gets easier if you can craft yourself.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You needn't to kill high-end moster to farm gold.

For example, I have started a char on Atlantics (my only char on this shard) and it took me just one week to get all power scrolls I need (25 stats, 120 throwing, 115-120 tactics/anatomy/chivalry/resisting/parry). But I abandoned this char when recognized that even 120 parry doesn't compensate throwing penalty (my bad ping to Atlantic doesn't allow me to do well without parry).
At the end my char has suit with [7 mi/7 si/4 hpi]*6 + [23 di/7 str/7 dex/7 int]*2 + two non-imbued Glaives (one with di/hml/hci and other with di/hml/ssi).

As to your archer I suggest:

1. Train chivalry
- with eoo you can do well without expensive slayer weapons
- with concentrate you can do well without chain AI
- with divine fury you can get a boost to your hci/di/ssi (the most important but expensive to have on your suit stats)

2. Farm imbuing ingradients
Select depending on price on your shard. Try various to get which do better for you (easy to get, good price, easy to sell). I think you could do 300-500k per an hour.

3. Get a cheap suit
MI/SI/HPI are cheap to imbue. (Ask in general chat for an imbuer)
There are some very cheap but usefull artifacts. The best are Valk armor and mana phasing orb but there are some others.
Buy a bow with HML. Usually the best way is some low-runic-made bow with one useless prop (will be very cheap due to useless prop).
Also you can find jewels with di/hci/fc/fcr/lmc/etc.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Uber suit isn't necessarily absolutely necessary but it really helps. Throwers are a bit easier to gear up right now but as a dexxer your suit will make a big difference. It does help to get someone that can imbue for you but archery does tend to be artifact heavy due to the need for dex and swing speed. In pvp though or spawning an uber suit is pretty much necessary sadly.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Agree.

I just wanted to say that you don't need an uber suit to farm for an uber suit :).

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very true to farm for a suit you can do it tolerable equipment. Of course archers aren't exactly the best to farm for things...