• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making a Skree for the Spring Dynamic Spawn

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Skrees are an odd creature that are not used often.

They come in 3 or 4 slot. You want to tame an 3 slot one.

I chose this pet because it is part of the spawn on Test center, Many players have never seen them before, and since the spawn will probably be on uneven ground in a swamp, they can use their casting to hit things on the mesas.

If you change the Magic they will lose both Magery and Mysticism.

Here is one I found in Ter Mur: Not the best choice but he will do.
1679160653750.png

They Have active Mysticism and Magery. Even tho magery is not shown, they cast magery spells.
They start with decent skills in Both Magics.
They can have up to 108 Wrestling after tamed.
They have very high resists spread around.
Poison resist can be up to 95.
The Intelligence range is 394 to 650.
Very easy to train because resists start high.
Starting HP can be up to 500
Starting Strength can be up to 330.

Which Skree should I Tame?

With all these variables it can get complicated. My opinion.

I would try to find one with low Intel. So you can get more Strength.
Highest HP and Str as possible.
Lower poison resist so you can get physical resist to 80.

Remember if Intel were so great, we would all have Serpintine dragons!

I have two rounds to make the base Pet.

Training

First round.

Make sure you set the Dex to 150 before you set the Str to max!
Rest, just make the base pet,

I Did the first Lore screen, Set phy resist to 76 and hit cap.
Then used remaining points in HP regen and increased Base damage, all points used.

Looks like this now:

Well I lost the picture...

It had:
325 HP still
150 Stamina
440 Mana still
688 Strength
150 Dexterity
440 Intel

Second Round:

Max the Base damage per second!
Finish the Regens

Now choose abilities.
I am choosing AI.
You could also make it more spelly by adding Goo also.

Now you have either 860 or 760 points to use.

You can add scrolls now. 110 Magery is enough. 120 Mystic. 110 in the rest.
120 Eval is 200 points 110 is 100 points.

So a potential of 535 points in skills.

After scrolls the rest can go into HP and/or mana.

I bumped the Mana up to 600. Rest in HP.

So with the scrolls it would look like this:
1679164083472.png

Now you see why there are not many Skrees out there.

So, I am going to build this Skree with no Scrolls.

Makes this a perfect disposable Pocket Pet.

1679164868252.png

Works great at killing things on the High Seas. Will kill the lower level mobs in the Swamp Spawn this Spring.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a fully trained skree i found long ago on hyiru plains like someone scrolled trained then didn't like so released it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a fully trained skree i found long ago on hyiru plains like someone scrolled trained then didn't like so released it
I found a Blue Hiryu like that, I think two players were trying to do the slot drop exploit on it, when I ran by they ran off and left the un tamed Hiryu there. It was in Ilsh so it did not come from there. It had some scrolls also.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1679174555111.png

This is mine, not bonded yet...he any good? I spend a good amount of time trying to get a 3 slot.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Larisa it will work but not room for scrolls. Looks like you may not be able to add any resists.

So, will make a great disposable Pocket Pet!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So adding any magic will remove one of the 2 innate magics? Specifically if you add magery mastery it will take out the mystic?
Yes. Better off making a current spawning 2 slot nightmare with magery mastery than these.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had a scree on one of my tamers since before the new training came in. Sadly they were bugged in that they did no more damage than the imps they were based on.
This is what it looks like now, seems she had a slight accident last time I took her out though
1679226276723.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@Pawain any clue how to switch Skree's AI ? When I was using them , 2 or 3 times by unknown reasons for me it got something like Archer/sampire captain's AI and was avoiding melee combat casting from distance and actually running away from melee .
Is there a secret combo of commands to do this ?
One time it happened in slug pit and Skree was running on borders only , casting and not going in like all pets do.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Pawain any clue how to switch Skree's AI ? When I was using them , 2 or 3 times by unknown reasons for me it got something like Archer/sampire captain's AI and was avoiding melee combat casting from distance and actually running away from melee .
One time it happened in slug pit and Skree was running on borders only , casting and not going in like all pets do.
I just managed to tame a 3-slotter after reading this thread, and it was doing that with mongbats and a silver serpent as running out of the area. Then I wanted to see how it did against cyclopean warriors in Lost Lands, and it wasn't doing it at all.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the taming revamp came out, casting pets would cast from a distance. Players complained that their pets were getting them killed.

So they made them melee. Mine goes right for the target and melees. Maybe yours casts till its low on mana.

It would be nice if they could make them distance cast again.

Only the blade weaving pets have switches. And notice that was not given in the taming notes. I think they did not finish that feature or we could just click the pet to see the menu.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
When the taming revamp came out, casting pets would cast from a distance. Players complained that their pets were getting them killed.

So they made them melee. Mine goes right for the target and melees. Maybe yours casts till its low on mana.

It would be nice if they could make them distance cast again.

Only the blade weaving pets have switches. And notice that was not given in the taming notes. I think they did not finish that feature or we could just click the pet to see the menu.
2 tamer I play now have no ways to heal pet and can tank better than pet .
So I assume it was a glitch in the system.
Screes I am talking about were going ranged only few times and then return to normal. Looks like @AntyvasII witness it too.
@Kyronix is it possible to add such switch ? It will give us more diversity in tamer templates and game style

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
2 tamer I play now have no ways to heal pet and can tank better than pet .
So I assume it was a glitch in the system.
Screes I am talking about were going ranged only few times and then return to normal. Looks like @AntyvasII witness it too.
@Kyronix is it possible to add such switch ? It will give us more diversity in tamer templates and game style
It would be interesting if mobs had individual personalities that could also vary depending on time of day or even phase of the moon.

mihali

Sage
It would be interesting if mobs had individual personalities that could also vary depending on time of day or even phase of the moon.
Yes! And also the game lacks effects of weather on play, such as rain, wind snow strong winds in the sea, tnat could affect seafaring with rough waters and also a rare instace of Scalis spawning randomly and sink holes, something like that. But that would take programming and a wave of comments/complaits by the playerbase.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Yes! And also the game lacks effects of weather on play, such as rain, wind snow strong winds in the sea, tnat could affect seafaring with rough waters and also a rare instace of Scalis spawning randomly and sink holes, something like that. But that would take programming and a wave of comments/complaits by the playerbase.
lol. Lightning spell hitting everyone including yourself and fireball not working when it rains will be real fun.