• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Making a Mage/Tamer Suit

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am finally getting around to working on my wife's tamer and was hoping to get some advice on how to go about putting the suit together.

What arties should I use? Cost really isn't that much of a concern.

There are only 2 real restrictions.

1-She insist on using protection.
2- The ring is currently a Crystalline Ring mainly because she needs to +20 to get her to 120 magery.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am finally getting around to working on my wife's tamer and was hoping to get some advice on how to go about putting the suit together.

What arties should I use? Cost really isn't that much of a concern.

There are only 2 real restrictions.

1-She insist on using protection.
2- The ring is currently a Crystalline Ring mainly because she needs to +20 to get her to 120 magery.

If you have access to an Imbuer I'd say go that route being sure to go for at least 84 total physical resist. Protection dropped my Tamers physical resist 14 points. You can get +20 Magery with imbued jewelry.

My Tamer's template is

Skill Value Real Jewelry
Tame 120 107 +13
Lore 120 107 +13
Vet 120 107 +13
Music 120 107 +13
Peace 120 107 +13
Magery 110 97 +13
Resist 100 87 +13

His armor is Imbued all 70's though Protection drops it's physical to 62 (from 76), and has Mana Regen +12 (6 x 2), Stamina regen 4 (2 x 2), & Hit point Regen 3 (3 x 1) & is 100% LRC. The jewelry has the above +13's, SDI +12 & DCI +7. You can imbue a lot into a set of gear and it's a lot simplier.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have made and re-made and re-made perfect suits for my chars, and I realized it is possible to make awesome suits no matter which artifacts you prefer.

- crystalline rings + Orny + Chaos Shield: I used to have these on every mage chars, but not anymore. Now I have: Bracelet (1/3) and Ring (1/3), because I want to have more freedom on both hands (drink pots, or change spellbooks). So I always start out assuming I wont be benefited from spellbook mods.

My tamer now wears:
- Jester Hat of Chuckles
- Memo of Fortune
- Armor of Fortune
- the rest are imbued pieces
- near 70s, full LRC and LMC,
- Luck 16xx.

When making a new suit, my strategy is to first decide what artifacts I want to use. Based on that, then I calculate the possibility using Excel.

My bard mage uses:
- crystalline ring
- hat of magi
- runebeetle carapace
- orny
- pendant of magi
- imbued: gloves, sleeves, leggings (each has MR=2)
- near 70s, Full LMC, LRC
- Mana Regen = 29 (+ boomstick, tonue of beast, garb, tangle)

Again, you can make ANY suits nowadays with imbuing. Just decide what arties you prefer first, then do careful calculation on Excel.

Wear the artifacts first, then write down all your base resists, put on Protection. Then start do some math.

Have fun!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Is this for PvM or PvP. Also, does she use some form of defense (e.g., mage weapon, wrestling, anatomy)?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, so she doesn't really need a dci suit. She insists on running protection, so she doesn't need to worry about fc/fcr (it'll be slow, period). Sounds like all she really needs is a basic mage suit: 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 9+ mr, 60s resists.

Let's say she uses her favorite crystalline ring, as well as an orny and a pendant of the magi. That'll give her 50 lrc, 20 lmc, 6 mr, 25 sdi, and 15 energy resist. You'll be left with the following pieces: head, chest, legs, arms, and gloves.

If you add Stitcher's Mittens (elves only) and Kasa of the Raj-in, you'll end up with 80 lrc, 20 lmc, 6 mr, 37 sdi, and 32/20/41/21/36. This leaves the following properties, to be divided between imbued chest, arms, and legs:

20 lrc (imbue 1 item to 20 lrc)
20 lmc (7lmc on 2 items, 6lmc on 1 item)
4-6 mr (2mr on 2 items, or 2mr on 3 items)
38/50/29/49/34 for all 70s (average: 13/17/10/17/12)

As a result, you'll end up with 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 10-12 mr, 37 sdi, all 70s. This doesn't even include benefits from a shield and weapon/book. Piece of cake.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the help, I finished up the suit last night.

Haven't decided what I am going to do with her hands. Probably slaying spellbook and for a shield... not sure... vesper seems a waste.