• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make your own MMO at Metaplace!

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Official Blip:
Metaplace puts virtual world and game design in the hands of the enthusiasts who love them. Our tools will allow for a wide range of skill levels to build spaces on the web that are instantly multiplayer and immediately shareable. Brand new to creating with Metaplace? We offer tools that help new users create their very own virtual Starter World and customize it however they would like. Builders can even take one of our existing games or worlds and "mod" it to give it a new skin that includes their own unique art. We allow Metaplace users to own their own world and add friends as owners too – so everyone can work together to make a creation that they will be proud to share with others. Everything is more fun with friends!

Check out my websites on my sig to see screen shots of some of the different things you can do at Metaplace. And these examples are just the tip of the iceburg. In the Spooning Moon forum I will be talking about the MMO I am making.

Yep...a non-scripter can make an MMO, even now while we're still in beta. By the time Metaplace opens there will be modules and easy to impliment code snippets for all your MMO needs. But for now some networking and collaboration is helping me get things done. Some of the scripters are just the type that want to help. While others will write up functions for me in exchange for art.

You may only be interested in making a cafe or cantina for social interactions or RP. Maybe you want to showcase your videos or art. Maybe you like making arcade style games. Or maybe you just haven't found that MMO that has things just as you like it and would love the opportunity to make your own but don't have the skills. Well now you don't need them. All you need is an idea. If its not already available, there are plenty of scripters willing to build it for Metaplace for anyone's use.

So, if Metaplace is still in beta, how am I able to talk about it? I am part of a new program called the Metaplace Evangelist Program. What this means is that for me, NDA has been dropped and I can talk all I want, show you screencaps and even offer a Beta Code to those interested in checking it out.

So if you have any questions, ask away! If I don't know the answer, I will find it. The Metaplace folk are already used to me pestering them. :D

First 100 people can log in at metaplace.com and type in this beta code: LOSTBETWEEN
Enjoy!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Wow! Did this get lost? Found it on page 40 something. Lots of info must have been imported today?

Muckbeast

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am really excited to see what happens with Metaplace.

There is some really interesting potential to see what people can do with this. And it already withstood its first attack from Google (Google Live or whatever it was called, which launched and failed miserably and rapidly).

V

Vyal

What a shame.

It's total crap there buddy complete EURO trash, you want a real engine go check out garagegames.com or this 2d engine at vbgore.com.