• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make death mean something.

T

Traveller

You can tell you havn't been around long. Insurance was the nail in the coffin for UO. Many players left when this was introduced. Like myself, there was no point in playing anymore if there was no excitment about dieing whether to AI or a real person. The reason insurance had to be implimented was because of the rediculous armor and weapons you now have to sit around and hunt for months to obtain.
No, the MMORPG chart I've seen around shows that more players came after insurance.
I beg your pardon? You mean that a new expansion that totally changed the whole game attracted new and old people who wanted to try it? Unbelievable really.

The point is, what happened after the novelty wore out, before any new expansion came out? Decline. Steady decline. I have witnessed that decline, my entire guild leaving en-masse because they were sick of AoS. Could have been the insurance, could have been crafting, could have been PS in pub16. Who knows, of course everybody has his own opinion, but the only certain, undebatable data in UO history is that AOS started the decline of UO, and if you like the game as it is now you like the game in its decline.

R

Righteous

If you want death to mean something go play on Siege. Leave us Trammel Care Bears be, and let us play the way we want to play. I have maybe 10 hours a week to play and I want to play not jump through hoops to make you feel happy. I have played this game for 10 years and I remember the days of a dozen griefers waiting for you to leave a major city to gank you. I stopped playing for a while just because of the number of griefers. Giving new ways for people to be a pain in the butt is no way to keep the game going.

Righteous.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want death to mean something go play on Siege. Leave us Trammel Care Bears be, and let us play the way we want to play. I have maybe 10 hours a week to play and I want to play not jump through hoops to make you feel happy. I have played this game for 10 years and I remember the days of a dozen griefers waiting for you to leave a major city to gank you. I stopped playing for a while just because of the number of griefers. Giving new ways for people to be a pain in the butt is no way to keep the game going.

Righteous.
So... how do you figure any of that would happen?

And why can't the crafters who want to sell there wares at smith forges without doing endless bods/heartwood be allowed to play the way they want to play too?

And where in the heck did you get the idea that dozens of griefers would be waiting for you whenever you leave any city?

You're in Trammel, enjoy the ruleset and reread what I'm proposing because you don't sound like you understand what I'm saying at all.