• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Main reason why Siege needs arties.

V

Vaelix

You: "I need to log onto Atlantic in order to really just get a fight because Siege is dead"

Me: " From what people are telling me Faction gear was a major reason for this..perhaps we need to make a change"

You: " Factions should have the gear because they have more risk...ie can be attacked anywhere no guardzones"

Me: " Couldnt people just war then if thats the concern...having risk of getting attacked anywhere?"
The concept of WAR is delusional, Sooner or Later someone will get pissed off and drop their guild from the WAR, which will start a Chain reaction.

On the Flip side, Factions Provide a REASON to be in Factions, AKA Faction Arties.. If you want to Run the Arties, you need to be in Factions, Which means you are effectively forced to be (And stay) in a WAR state..

If you get pissed off and leave factions, theres more drawbacks (You wont be Able to use the Arties)

If you get pissed off and Drop WAR, Big deal you've gotten what you want (To be Untouchable in Guards)

And about Faction Gear being the Demise of PvP, the *ONLY* reason this is the case.. is because the EXACT same people that are complaining about faction gear now.. Cried about it then (When they added em) And got the prices charged up to X5 The Amount that they should be. You people that are crying now and the Reason that PvP has died since the introduction of Faction Arties.

Faction Arties have Capacity to encourage PvP by providing Arties (Which can be Farmed on PvP Templates.. So you dont need to dedicate your 1 character to a Pure PvMer) to Average Joes at an Unlimited Quantity. The Only problem with this system is the Cost it takes to make a good faction suit.. And The ONLY people that are to Blame for this, are the people who cried until they Bumped up the Faction Prices.

If it didnt take 10 Hours of Pure Farming to make 1 Faction Suit.. people would be more willing to lose the items, Therefore bringing around more PvP.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Three things that made the war successful last year imo..

We left the pets at home
Non stat loss
We did not loot suits; only pvp gear such as pots, petals, boxes, apples etc.

Most of us wore pretty damned pimped out non faction suits too but I also quickly learned how expensive that could be vs. the faction armour.

We pretty much instituted our own gentleman's "insurance agreement" and everyone was able to re-equip quickly.

The area where IT FAILED...the exclusion of the 420 crowd once they warmed up to the idea. Sakie and Kage both were very willing to play it the way everyone else was; I was pretty sure of it then and now that I have played with them for the last few months, I absolutely know they would have honored any agreements made. Certain elements of TNT could not get over past butt hurt to see the overall bigger picture which would have been to add more pvpers and groups to the field. This, to be truthful, is when I started re-considering my membership in TNT and started to seriously consider a long standing offer to join up with the KOC/420/SP! crowd that had been extended to me almost the day I returned to the shard in '08.

V

Vaelix

We left the pets at home
Non stat loss

Most of us wore pretty damned pimped out non faction suits too but I also quickly learned how expensive that could be vs. the faction armour.

We pretty much instituted our own gentleman's "insurance agreement" and everyone was able to re-equip quickly.

The area where IT FAILED...the exclusion of the 420 crowd once they warmed up to the idea. Sakie and Kage both were very willing to play it the way everyone else was; I was pretty sure of it then and now that I have played with them for the last few months, I absolutely know they would have honored any agreements made. Certain elements of TNT could not get over past butt hurt to see the overall bigger picture which would have been to add more pvpers and groups to the field. This, to be truthful, is when I started re-considering my membership in TNT and started to seriously consider a long standing offer to join up with the KOC/420/SP! crowd that had been extended to me almost the day I returned to the shard in '08.
^ Worst PvPer in the World.. And A Terrible Imbuer! (Stay on tonight tibs, imbue me some gears on siege, I'll be home at 2 AM EST.. So Bleh)

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ Worst PvPer in the World.. And A Terrible Imbuer! (Stay on tonight tibs, imbue me some gears on siege, I'll be home at 2 AM EST.. So Bleh)
Doubt I'll be on that late tonight but I will be on tommorrow afternoon for sure; If you pm me what you are needing i may be able to get it made up for ya tonight though.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

We left the pets at home
Non stat loss

I believe some gentleman's rules could help Siege alot. How many guilds/players would be willing to try that, not only vs warring guilds but also when killing crafters and PvM'ers?

If players did not always lose their suit when dying, maybe they would be more willing to try to PvP.

Sure PvM'ers may have their dragon with them, but as long they are not the attacker and only use it as protection, it should not be a problem.

For a young poor SP player, it really hurt getting their suit looted.

Sure there will always be guilds/players who are not willing to follow gentlemans rules and don't deserve to keep their suit so loot them until they learn.

Maybe I'm just dreaming but this are really something we as shard could do.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My concern with this is how much you need to lie/exaggerate about what's what.

You have no interest in factions? Guess what? Don't join.

You sitting here trying to say that you have all kinds of support to remove them? Guess what? You don't.

You really aren't getting it. Bumping monster loot makes playing this shard less of a headache for everyone. You're idea of taking out faction stuff does nothing but ruin some of the fun, a bunch of people could potentially have if they wanted to.

Thanks.
I am in factions...as I have stated many many times through this thread. If you really bothered to read someone's post before you started another one of your notorious rants.
Tell me where I lie?? I also have another char in gilfane and I can tell you amongst that alliance people have no interest in factions. Might i add that alliance is huge amongst the 'active' population...as in logging in everyday on Siege and actually playing..not just the "active" Stratics forums.
Do you even know where you're going with this because I don't. Also, not sure what you being in factions has to do with anything (i knew you were.) So your in factions... cool.

So a bunch of people who have no interest in factions. Ok well I don't grow plants, we should remove it. Anyway. You don't have the support and aren't getting it. until someone see it this is a moot point. farties are here to stay.

Where have you exaggerated/lied? Hmm. Let's start with the tons of claims I quoted before?

:grouphug:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There´s nothing demeaning in using the word farties. I do it all the time. Not to insult with something fart related but to make faction artifacts easier to type.

There are other examples.

Marties = Minor artifacts
Tarties = Tokuno artifacts

They all have been used by various posters on Stratics...
Yes I did lot mean it as an insult, I was just lazy

I could not do the same with Cursed Artifacts as Carties also could mean Crafted Artifacts

V

Vaelix

If faction suits didn't cost so much, we wouldnt need "Gentleman's Rules"

Plus.. We shouldn't need them in the First place! If your not pvping because you Lost a Suit and didn't get it back, you belong on Prodo. That is a Trammilizded Mindset, and thats Comming someone someone who is currently playing Both Siege And Prodo.

I never stopped PvPing because of Armor, I Stopped because everyone stopped playing Shown Templates because *They* stopped pvping because of Armor (So they switched to Stealth)

Even then Its not a problem because i Ran detect.. but when that happened.. People just Ran into Houses 1 v 5 or 2 v 7 or 3 v 6

Heres the Chain...

Subpar PvPers run stealth because they dont want to Lose their armor >
Elite PvPers get sick of this and start running Detect >
Subpar PvPers lose the Cushion of Stealth protection and Stop PvPing >
Elite PvPers run out of Targets and Stop PvPing >
Subpar PvPers Complain that no one is around but do not change their stealth ways >
Elite PvPers go back out with Detect .. Rense and Repeat.

All of that could be resolved if Faction Arties were set at the same price as they are on Prodo. (Which Ironically.. The same people complaining about removing them now, are the same people that complained about the price then.. Which lead to the Downfall of Siege PvP after Faction revamp)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You: "I need to log onto Atlantic in order to really just get a fight because Siege is dead"

Me: " From what people are telling me Faction gear was a major reason for this..perhaps we need to make a change"

You: " Factions should have the gear because they have more risk...ie can be attacked anywhere no guardzones"

Me: " Couldnt people just war then if thats the concern...having risk of getting attacked anywhere?"

and yes man.. this dance is getting old
PvP was dead way before we got the faction gear.

Like I said, haven't had a real enemy since OTF vs EVO. This cursed arty, non-faction so your buddies can fight back and play without worrying so much about dying... is to breathe a lil life into the shard for all of us.

Thanks!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If faction suits didn't cost so much, we wouldnt need "Gentleman's Rules"
I was not only thinking about faction players but all involded in PvP, that be as faction, other wars or PK/victim

Plus.. We shouldn't need them in the First place! If your not pvping because you Lost a Suit and didn't get it back, you belong on Prodo. That is a Trammilizded Mindset, and thats Comming someone someone who is currently playing Both Siege And Prodo.
I'm not speaking about me, I had not lost a suit for very long time, I'm speaking of the young Siege players who gives up and goes back to normal shards because they still not have the skill or the money to try to fight back but they do still die to factions suits or greater dragons.

I never stopped PvPing because of Armor, I Stopped because everyone stopped playing Shown Templates because *They* stopped pvping because of Armor (So they switched to Stealth)
I do not have stealth on my chars but in my playtime I had not been attacked once for months and I had not feeled like attacking the few peaceful PvM'ers or youngs I see around

Subpar PvPers run stealth because they dont want to Lose their armor >
Elite PvPers get sick of this and start running Detect >
Subpar PvPers lose the Cushion of Stealth protection and Stop PvPing >
Elite PvPers run out of Targets and Stop PvPing >
Subpar PvPers Complain that no one is around but do not change their stealth ways >
Elite PvPers go back out with Detect .. Rense and Repeat.
I hate stealth as much as you do, I like to see players around too.

How long will it take you to build your suit so you can fight this old lady, who had not PvP'ed for years. You really must depent on items and not PvP skills if it's so hard to get ready to give me my fight :p
My suit is not that great, just my normal imbued farming suit with some luck, MR, HPR and what I else found to fit without making it worth a mill.

V

Vaelix

None of that was directed at you Freja and if you had actually read my posts you would realize that Ive been working for the Past 4 Days and i dont Get off until 2 AM EST.

Today is my last day of work until Friday.

I also said that I'd be building the Non Faction Suit on Monday when I got off work.

Now then.. Your Points..

" I was not only thinking about faction players but all involded in PvP, that be as faction, other wars or PK/victim " - PKing aside, Before the Faction Arties were introduced, The ONLY Non faction players i saw PvPing (This was in the Cursed Arties Era) Were Stealth Tamers.. There was no Difference then and there will be No difference now.

" I'm not speaking about me, I had not lost a suit for very long time, I'm speaking of the young Siege players who gives up and goes back to normal shards because they still not have the skill or the money to try to fight back but they do still die to factions suits or greater dragons." -This generally only applies to PKing.. And even then, only a Handful of skillless "PvPkers" Even worry about Killing New Characters. None of the real pvpers bother with New Characters.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You do not need to build an imbued suit to fight me as I won't join faction to see how I'm doing in a faction suit.

I just want to see how the suit I have now will do vs a faction suit. Last I PvP'ed I was just in valorite gm armor so I believe the suit I have now will do better even when the luck won't work for PvP but I don't want to have one suit for PvP and one for farming as PvP can happen anytime when farming :p

I do work too, monday to friday but I'm sure we still can find a time :p

This generally only applies to PKing.. And even then, only a Handful of skillless "PvPkers" Even worry about Killing New Characters. None of the real pvpers bother with New Characters.
Funny alot of your so called real PvP'ers use to be red PK's. On Siege we never cared much about colors and PvP'ers did not stop and ask if it was a newbie, they would just go easy on him and rez him with a smile if he dropped to easy.

V

Vaelix

If your using the fight to Compare Non Faction Suits to Factions Suites... It will depend on What i'd be playing.. Now Im gonna play a mage... However

Suits Really only make the difference in Fights, when your Fighting Dexxers.. The rule is pretty much..

Vs Dexxers.. Your Suit will make the Difference.

Vs Mages.. Your Skill will make the Difference.

And i cant comment on the "Used to be Pkers" I have NEVER messed with new Players..

Im interested in pvp.. To put it simpler.. Im not interested in the Kill, Im interested in the Fight that got me there.

If i PvP for 30 Mins and Never kill anyone.. Im perfectly fine with that, I've just had an Awesome 30 Minutes.

However, I cannot stand running out and Ganking 1 Player for 45 Seconds, then they die.

B

Bruin

1999 - Siege was born and there was a lot of pvp.
2003 - AOS was introduced, the number of people who actively pvp'd heavily declined.
2006 - Cursed arties were introduced, the number of people who actively pvp'd heavily declined.
2008 - Faction arties were introduced, the number of people who actively pvp'd heavily declined.
2010 - Is there still pvp on Siege?

Now I know correlation != causation, but lets look at the facts. After AOS came out and introduced item based combat, Orcs/Und/KRT/LDH/KGB/UDL/JD eventually leave the game, many pancakes about item based combat. Cursed arties come out, KSS/CWS/VMP/C8V/OTF maybe either leave the game or stop pvping, many pancakes about item based combat. Faction arties come out, and pretty much the only people left pvp'ing are, wait nobody. Ok, so maybe like 5 TnT and 3 SP!. WAKA/JSV/lots of people from B*G/OTF/whatever their name of the day was quit pvp'ing as well.

Hell, I don't KNOW that item based combat and/or godly items have destroyed pvp. But am I the only one who sees that as they increase the importance of items in item based combat, that there are fewer people pvp'ing? And maybe that the two are related, especially when you have a lot of people complaining about the items and/or item based combat? Hell, maybe I'm wrong, and everyone stopped playing Siege cause they all went off, got married and had kids.

S

Scopulus Falco

hehe all this faction(and soul stones) crap has got it REALLY twisted, SP was reallyl made for us to create a community and a place for murders to play in the same place (I Know I was was here DAY ONE!!)I came here so I did not have to deal with stat loss... IDK bout you all, I just think we all have lost what SP was really about,Long ago, and im talking way back before I came back to the game.(2006) IDK you all seem to know more than me you, so Slam away. that seems all you guy wanna do any way....So shoot shoot make this world smaller and smaller:gun:

B

Black magick

Yep. It was purely the items, not other issues, that caused people to leave. AOS came around people left. Well no ****, it became almost another game entirely. It steadily declined over the years, not just at the intervals you listed. Except maybe Siege to AOS. Also couldn't be that the population of UO as a whole has been in a stead decline and its not just siege people who are leaving... Nah, just the items.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1999 - Siege was born and there was a lot of pvp.
2003 - AOS was introduced, the number of people who actively pvp'd heavily declined.
2006 - Cursed arties were introduced, the number of people who actively pvp'd heavily declined.
2008 - Faction arties were introduced, the number of people who actively pvp'd heavily declined.
2010 - Is there still pvp on Siege?

Now I know correlation != causation, but lets look at the facts. After AOS came out and introduced item based combat, Orcs/Und/KRT/LDH/KGB/UDL/JD eventually leave the game, many pancakes about item based combat. Cursed arties come out, KSS/CWS/VMP/C8V/OTF maybe either leave the game or stop pvping, many pancakes about item based combat. Faction arties come out, and pretty much the only people left pvp'ing are, wait nobody. Ok, so maybe like 5 TnT and 3 SP!. WAKA/JSV/lots of people from B*G/OTF/whatever their name of the day was quit pvp'ing as well.

Hell, I don't KNOW that item based combat and/or godly items have destroyed pvp. But am I the only one who sees that as they increase the importance of items in item based combat, that there are fewer people pvp'ing? And maybe that the two are related, especially when you have a lot of people complaining about the items and/or item based combat? Hell, maybe I'm wrong, and everyone stopped playing Siege cause they all went off, got married and had kids.
You got that all wrong.

This is a perfect example of someone trying to find the problem that fits a solution rather than looking for a solution that fits the problem.

AoS - people quit over the PBD situation and the new system not being as much fun as the old system (people dying to mongbats with what were uber chars.)

UOSE - people quit over the [blessed] gifts that were given with this expansion, but mainly people quit because the game was not fun. This is where you see ninja waffles, 1 hit kill bushido archers spamming lightning strike. STEALTH TAMERS. enough said.

UOML - people mostly enjoyed this xpac. The problem? There was 4 years between this expansion and the next (Stygian Abyss.) Couple that with the long time it took to fix issues from the previous expansions (PBD and sammy helm/ember legs weren't addressed till pretty much ML) and all the issues that came about they didn't address... like stealth tamers and you get a playerbase that enjoys the game less and less.

If I were to do what you did, then I could say vorpal bunnies were introduced in 2006 and PvP heavily declined! Those bunnies are the devil.

Go back through the archives. Look at what was and has been complained about the most. It most certainly wasn't cursed arties. It was **** like dying to AI spamming newbs or archers spamming lightning strike or stealth tamers exploiting crystal balls or greater dragons.

It wasn't until the average siege player got a TASTE of good items, that they started crying over how hard they were to get and keep. We'll instead of ruining the fun for those who enjoy factions, we're trying to increase the fun those who don't can potentially have.

yet you are hell bent on ruining the fun others... even tho they are trying to help you out.

selfish pricks.

B

Bruin

Wow, you guys all need to take a deep breath and chill. Seriously.

Here is what we KNOW:

PVP (and population) is on a serious decline since, hell the beginning of the shard. There could be plenty of reasons why this has happened.

I believe ONE of the reasons is because of the increased dependence on item based combat, though I admit I don't know and thus could be wrong. Can you not admit that MAYBE faction artifacts/cursed artifacts are ruining this game? Just MAYBE? If you aren't willing to look at ALL possible causes for why this shard is in decline, then you truely aren't willing to help siege, because there could be hundreds of reasons why people don't play and/or pvp anymore and you can't turn a blind eye to any of them.

And as for me selfishly telling other people who enjoy factions how they should play factions:
1. Why is it ok for factions to RUIN THE fun of other people, by giving them godly equipment.
2. Do you or does anyone even play factions on Siege anymore? Pretty much nobody, so who's fun am I ruining?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, you guys all need to take a deep breath and chill. Seriously.

Here is what we KNOW:

PVP (and population) is on a serious decline since, hell the beginning of the shard. There could be plenty of reasons why this has happened.

I believe ONE of the reasons is because of the increased dependence on item based combat, though I admit I don't know and thus could be wrong. Can you not admit that MAYBE faction artifacts/cursed artifacts are ruining this game? Just MAYBE? If you aren't willing to look at ALL possible causes for why this shard is in decline, then you truely aren't willing to help siege, because there could be hundreds of reasons why people don't play and/or pvp anymore and you can't turn a blind eye to any of them.

And as for me selfishly telling other people who enjoy factions how they should play factions:
1. Why is it ok for factions to RUIN THE fun of other people, by giving them godly equipment.
2. Do you or does anyone even play factions on Siege anymore? Pretty much nobody, so who's fun am I ruining?
Age of Shadows happened in 2003. This is 2010. UO is not going to go backwards... get that through your head. Artifacts, ToTs, marties, ML Arties, Faction Arties, all of it is here to stay. Tough **** if you don't like it.

1. When you need to exaggerate by describing things like 'godly equipment' then you've lost any credit you otherwise would have been given. We were running "godly equipment" YEARS before faction arties were introduced.

2. Is this your argument? Yes people play factions. 2 out of 3 of my characters on Siege are in factions. And my non-faction character... runs "godly equipment" FYI. Because I can do that... people like you on the otherhand... are incapable. So we are trying to give you something nice... and in return you're trying to mess with what we enjoy. You're *this* close to being slapped for it.

3. This is your last chance along with the 10 or so other people carrying on like you to drop this stupid remove faction crap. There will be no concession made in this regard. None.

We're sitting here trying to get you guys access to decent equipment so your fun factor goes up... while asking for nothing in return for ourselves. We don't need this crap, we already run good gear and will continue to.

So I dare you to keep going and lose our support. If I see one more word about removing faction arties you can forget about increasing monster loot, a grandfathered house, siege on the shard list, all of it. What you will see is a never ending campaign by me and others to allow character xfers so we get the people to fight and you don't get jack diddly **** other than more people to talk and pancake about how it's "not fair."

You people are your own worst enemies. We hand you a silver necklace for free and you demand a gold one. We'll you're about to be handed a pearl necklace.

GG

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it was pitiful to watch... everyone ran around dominating with bushido templates... How you though that was fun is beyond me...

I also remember us trying to join this WAR and you guys voted against it and you were all to scared to war our guild. Tib's was the only member of all the guilds involved in the "WAR" who actually wanted to WAR against us...
Wrong we did war you kage...wrong guild sir. However, other's didn't wish to participate with you guys. Thus we only fought you a couple of times near Gilfane. We did however fight TNT alot
Oh you're right you guys did war us but you would never fight us... or tell us where the fights were going on... Because TNT cried about it... and whenever we tried to fight you guys we just got ingnored...

B

Bruin

Oh you're right you guys did war us but you would never fight us... or tell us where the fights were going on... Because TNT cried about it... and whenever we tried to fight you guys we just got ingnored...
Kage - I accepted every war invite sent. Every scheduled fight was publically posted in stratics threads like these:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=142671
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=143422

There were times that either TnT icq'd me or I'd icq TnT if we had any online to go out and fight so private fights were set up. I'm not sure if I had any icq #'s of the current SP! crew (cept Tibs) but Kael would frequently icq with Drax/Sakie about setting up fights and we did. Even had sakie & ? in vent with us once screwing around.

I had fun fighting TnT. I had fun fighting the current SP! crew. I had fun fighting Righty. There was never any intent on OUR part to include/exclude certain groups.

The reason the war failed was because I gave up on it. I got tired of constantly having to tell everyone where to go for fights, where to meet up, etc etc. It was work. I was hoping that everyone would just war everyone, and we'd run into each other at Yew gate/Luna/etc without having to work to get people together. Unfortunately, we didn't have the population to support that.

I've done what I can to both support this shard for pvp'ers and non-pvp'ers. I'm tired of people riding on their high horse thinking they're gods gift to Siege by trying to help us 'little people'. Case and point, this is about some of the most condescending crap I have ever read on these forums:

3. This is your last chance along with the 10 or so other people carrying on like you to drop this stupid remove faction crap. There will be no concession made in this regard. None.

We're sitting here trying to get you guys access to decent equipment so your fun factor goes up... while asking for nothing in return for ourselves. We don't need this crap, we already run good gear and will continue to.

So I dare you to keep going and lose our support. If I see one more word about removing faction arties you can forget about increasing monster loot, a grandfathered house, siege on the shard list, all of it. What you will see is a never ending campaign by me and others to allow character xfers so we get the people to fight and you don't get jack diddly **** other than more people to talk and pancake about how it's "not fair."

You people are your own worst enemies. We hand you a silver necklace for free and you demand a gold one. We'll you're about to be handed a pearl necklace.

GG
Yes massah. You'z right. I should be thankful that you've decided what's best for Siege and are only willing to support your idea if we'z little people give'z up on our beliefs.

**** it, I'm out.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Siege needs very few changes to make it all work...

Animal form needs to take up a control slot.

Faction items should not be player branded or cost 5X.

It needs to be harder to move around in Stealth.

Monster loot needs to be boosted or have luck actually work all the time.

The last thing and most important is people need to log onto Siege and just play.

If your a crafter maybe try a little pvm, if your a pvper try some pvming and if your a pvmer try some crafting.

If you have played UO for a while then may I suggest that whatver catagory you fall into train up Imbue!! It crosses all templates..

Crafter can sell up an imbued suit rather then a plain suit.
PVMer can farm up resources and blanks (jewls and weps that are very good to imbue)
PVPer can imbue up a crazy 60 point skill jewls set and try out the wackiest template known to man!

The best part is you will be playing again and not just posting.

Woot!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done what I can to both support this shard for pvp'ers and non-pvp'ers. I'm tired of people riding on their high horse thinking they're gods gift to Siege by trying to help us 'little people'. Case and point, this is about some of the most condescending crap I have ever read on these forums:

GG
Yes massah. You'z right. I should be thankful that you've decided what's best for Siege and are only willing to support your idea if we'z little people give'z up on our beliefs.

**** it, I'm out.
Don't like where you took the conversation? I asked you to stop with this non-sense. You refused. Now you want to pancake about being showed the same respect you gave. Are you a child?

Want to blame somebody? Take a long look at the man in the mirror.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Siege needs very few changes to make it all work...

Animal form needs to take up a control slot.

Faction items should not be player branded or cost 5X.

It needs to be harder to move around in Stealth.

Monster loot needs to be boosted or have luck actually work all the time.

The last thing and most important is people need to log onto Siege and just play.

If your a crafter maybe try a little pvm, if your a pvper try some pvming and if your a pvmer try some crafting.

If you have played UO for a while then may I suggest that whatver catagory you fall into train up Imbue!! It crosses all templates..

PVMer can farm up resources and blanks (jewls and weps that are very good to imbue)
PVPer can imbue up a crazy 60 point skill jewls set and try out the wackiest template known to man!

Woot!

/agree...well said again. Nothing major needs to happen. Just make things normal, a little easier to obtain and you'll have a happy shard (for the most part)

B

Bruin

Don't like where you took the conversation? I asked you to stop with this non-sense. You refused. Now you want to pancake about being showed the same respect you gave. Are you a child?

So wait a minute here.

I simply post my belief, that faction artifacts and an INCREASED dependence on item based combat is hurting Siege. You call my belief 'non-sense' and ask me to stop, of which you have absolutely no right whatsoever to ask me to stop. My refusal to obey your command to 'stop with my non-sense' of discussing my beliefs is apparently disrespectful to you, which allows you to then be disrespectful of me?

Please show me where it states that:
- I am not free to discuss my ideas and beliefs on these forums.
- That you are a moderator/representative of EA and/or person of importance who has the authority to tell me what I can or can not do.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you really think they're going to remove faction items from Siege then you just need to move on and quit now... It will never happen... Your best bet is to join a free shard. You're are doing the same thing as us by saying to remove them frome Siege so I guess we are all on "high horses" the only difference between us and you guys is we're not trying to take items away from the game...

We're trying to change how the game is played this is an item based game now if you don't like it don't play simple as that... but you will never have our support in taking away items...

M

MoonglowMerchant

If you really think they're going to remove faction items from Siege then you just need to move on and quit now... It will never happen... Your best bet is to join a free shard. You're are doing the same thing as us by saying to remove them frome Siege so I guess we are all on "high horses" the only difference between us and you guys is we're not trying to take items away from the game...

We're trying to change how the game is played this is an item based game now if you don't like it don't play simple as that... but you will never have our support in taking away items...
Faction items don't need to be removed. It would help if:

1. They weren't tagged to their owner but instead were usable by anyone in factions

2. You could melt them down to make ingredients for imbuing

I don't like faction items. Correction, I don't mind faction items but I find the items as currently implemented to be overpowered. However, there have been overpowered suits before. The difference to me is that no one can use the faction items except their owners, it stinks of insurance.

You guys like items. I get that. That is why you play Atlantic and I wouldn't consider it. The point I think you are missing is that a lot of people that were on Siege were here because it was different from production shards. By adding more items to Siege, Siege becomes less and less like Siege and more and more like production shards.

If Siege is more or less a production shard, why would anyone play here with the low population? In your case, you have already answered that question by moving to Atlantic.

B

Bruin

Faction items don't need to be removed. It would help if:

1. They weren't tagged to their owner but instead were usable by anyone in factions

I don't like faction items. Correction, I don't mind faction items but I find the items as currently implemented to be overpowered. However, there have been overpowered suits before. The difference to me is that no one can use the faction items except their owners, it stinks of insurance.

You guys like items. I get that. That is why you play Atlantic and I wouldn't consider it. The point I think you are missing is that a lot of people that were on Siege were here because it was different from production shards. By adding more items to Siege, Siege becomes less and less like Siege and more and more like production shards.

If Siege is more or less a production shard, why would anyone play here with the low population? In your case, you have already answered that question by moving to Atlantic.
Agreed.

In my recent posts I never said that faction artis need to be removed. I simply stated my belief that as we move more and more towards item dependence in pvp success instead of player skill/abilities, people generally leave the game.

Imagine if they released to rp guilds only, an artifact armour set, that gave +30 SSI, +70 DCI/70 HCI, +50 HP/Stam/Mana, 70's resists, 35 LMC & MR12, useable only to the RP characters. It would:
1. Be a boon to RP guilds (but not really further RP).
2. Probably upset everyone except RPers.
3. And in my opinion, cause pvp to be more item dependent and thus result in fewer people pvp'ing.

Now they could release this faction armour set to everyone, that at least erases the imbalance in items #1 and #2 and would be a good start, but I still think it would overall hurt.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with that.

I don't really find them overpowered I find them balancing vs the new skills that EA added to the game.

The reason people are playing Atlantic is because there is pvp that's why some changes are needed on Siege to bring back the pvp...

Siege is nothing like a production shard... The items are here but are needed due to balancing out skills/hld/hci/dci and so on...

Siege is a vet shard but it's not a classic shard I wish it was but it's not. Items are here to stay EA can not afford to invest the time and money into changing the coding for Siege again I wish they could... So our best bet is to make some small changes that wouldn't require any coding...

Mook listed a lot of good ideas... I added a few...

-Turn on Black Rock, making skill training easier, and also making Siege more appealing for the NEW players trying to make it here...

-Put Siege on the log in screen without having to renouncing your young player status.

-Make cursed arties obtainable again.

-Animal form needs to take up a control slot.

-Faction items should not be player branded or cost 5X.

-It needs to be harder to move around in Stealth.

-Monster loot needs to be boosted or have luck actually work all the time.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Short of character transfers, I don't think there is a way to boost Siege's population enough to make it fun again.

The thing is, no one is going to transfer from a production shard to Siege if Siege is just like production shards. Despite your opinion to the contrary, Siege is no longer enough like Siege to interest me.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really find them overpowered I find them balancing vs the new skills that EA added to the game.
Fair enough... But why should one style of play get all the bonuses??

If people need extra bonuses to armor/weps in order to play skill templates then they should be added to all items artifacts/cursed arties/tok

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If people need extra bonuses to armor/weps in order to play skill templates then they should be added to all items artifacts/cursed arties/tok
I would have no problem letting everyone wear them factions and non factions or even adding the bonuses to the normal fey legs, rbc's, ornys etc... the problem there is the coding issue... Do I think it's a bad idea no. Do I think it's a feasible one also no... Like I said EA lacks the funds/staff or just flat out will not do it because of the low population.

We need to focus on changes that will make SP grow then once we have built the community again then we can try for bigger and better things.

EA is not going to do a lot for a dead shard it's sad but it's also true... :(

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I would have no problem letting everyone wear them factions and non factions or even adding the bonuses to the normal fey legs, rbc's, ornys etc... the problem there is the coding issue... Do I think it's a bad idea no. Do I think it's a feasible one also no... Like I said EA lacks the funds/staff or just flat out will not do it because of the low population.

We need to focus on changes that will make SP grow then once we have built the community again then we can try for bigger and better things.

EA is not going to do a lot for a dead shard it's sad but it's also true... :(
I agree we need to build the community man. But in order to get people to come and stay on Siege we need the exisiting community to become much more active and much more involved.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree we need to build the community man. But in order to get people to come and stay on Siege we need the exisiting community to become much more active and much more involved.
Well that's the problem our current community is not going to become much more active or involved without some sorta change and I'm not talking OBAMA change... But good changes... Black Rock, Cost of faction items being lowered so people aren't so scared to loose items and quit hindering pvping and only running stealth templates... who wants to pvp against a bunch of stealthers?

You gotta make some small changes to get the bigger ones. You cant demand large changes that involve changing of coding with 30 active players...

This game is coded around prodo... Now if we make some changes that boost our population. Let's just say there are probably 125 active accounts on Siege at the current time that would be EA makes around $1600 a month from Siege... Say we make the small changes and Siege gets boosted to 1500-2000 active accounts a month... then EA would be making around 18K a month from Siege... Then EA would be like lets work at building this shard up and answering some of there demands... right now though they're looking at 1.6k a month and say well it's not really worth our time to help this dieing shard...t

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Short of character transfers, I don't think there is a way to boost Siege's population enough to make it fun again.

The thing is, no one is going to transfer from a production shard to Siege if Siege is just like production shards. Despite your opinion to the contrary, Siege is no longer enough like Siege to interest me.
Wrong.

You don't think there are oodles of players who would love to access and PvP in all the lands without trammel?

We can ask for character xfers. That would solve our problem while leaving the rest of you with nothing.

yeah, lets do that. I like that idea.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong.

You don't think there are oodles of players who would love to access and PvP in all the lands without trammel?

We can ask for character xfers. That would solve our problem while leaving the rest of you with nothing.

Now that's a stupid idea... Hell no to character tranfer... I don't care for all of the exploiters and hackers to transfer over at the push of a button... They can build a character like everyone else...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can ask every person that plays this game. The one thing that holds them back from making a char here is ROT skill gain.

You guys are now arguing two different points. The reason the shard is dead...and the belief that getting rid of faction artifacts will balance pvp...

The first reason, ROT gain system, is the reason why no one wants to play here. No one wants to take 3-4 months to create a character to "start" playing.

The second reason, Faction artifacts, are for all you people that want this game to go from an item based combat game (which it was from the very beginning...vanq,power,ruin) to some game that everyone has the same template, everyone runs the same gear and everyone is alike.

If you think that taking away items will get people here....well ladies and gentleman you are very very wrong.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So wait a minute here.

I simply post my belief, that faction artifacts and an INCREASED dependence on item based combat is hurting Siege. You call my belief 'non-sense' and ask me to stop, of which you have absolutely no right whatsoever to ask me to stop. My refusal to obey your command to 'stop with my non-sense' of discussing my beliefs is apparently disrespectful to you, which allows you to then be disrespectful of me?

Please show me where it states that:
- I am not free to discuss my ideas and beliefs on these forums.
- That you are a moderator/representative of EA and/or person of importance who has the authority to tell me what I can or can not do.
You simply posted your belief? And you're not hammering on it over and over again?

I'm not sitting here pushing and pushing something that will diminish the fun you have... and you expect me to entertain the thought of you ruining mine?

Get the **** over yourself.

Thanks.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You simply posted your belief? And you're not hammering on it over and over again?

I'm not sitting here pushing and pushing something that will diminish the fun you have... and you expect me to entertain the thought of you ruining mine?

Thanks.
Aren't you pushing for changes to stealth and taming?? Guess if people "enjoy' playing a stealth tamer then your looking to diminish their fun.

B

Bruin

This isn't a belief:

I believe ONE of the reasons is because of the increased dependence on item based combat, though I admit I don't know and thus could be wrong.
And I've posted 3 times in 7 days on the matter. Yes, that's hammering my belief.

See, here is one of the problems, you ARE. Faction artifacts as they are today ruin the fun for me. And yes, you are pushing for faction artifacts. So how's that any different from me saying get rid of them which ruins the fun for you? I mean, I could use this same argument if I was a blue guardzone hugging bola stealth/tamer couldn't I? You saying that nerfing stealth tamers would be pushing something that would be ruining my fun (or those that are blue guardzone hugging stealth/tamers).

:)

Your welcome.

It would also helped if you actually knew my argument, which I posted in this thread here:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1641423#post1641423

In there I say:

You've either got to get rid of the good stuff (faction arties/cursed arties), or make it very very easy to get the good stuff.
So you're arguing that I'm saying get rid of faction arties when well that's half the argument, and the other half the argument agrees with what you believe.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Wrong.

I think that if there were oodles of players who wanted to access PvP in all lands without trammel, they would already be here making characters. So no, I see no evidence that anyone wants to leave better populated shards to move to Siege.

Now, if Siege offered a truly unique experience, and we had character transfer, then I believe some might come here. Unfortunately, Siege no longer offers a truly unique experience.

B

Black magick

Aren't you pushing for changes to stealth and taming?? Guess if people "enjoy' playing a stealth tamer then your looking to diminish their fun.
Apples to oranges. We are asking for a (much needed) nerf of stealth and taming. NOT to have it removed. Nice try though.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apples to oranges. We are asking for a (much needed) nerf of stealth and taming. NOT to have it removed. Nice try though.
Not apples to oranges at all. We are asking for what basically boils down to a nerf... the removal of faction arties and the addition of cursed arties at a high drop rate. You'd still have all the same equipment, only without the EXTRA buffs, account bound names and cost of silver... the latter two, all of you have already voted for. Nice try though.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not apples to oranges at all. We are asking for what basically boils down to a nerf... the removal of faction arties and the addition of cursed arties at a high drop rate. You'd still have all the same equipment, only without the EXTRA buffs, account bound names and cost of silver... the latter two, all of you have already voted for. Nice try though.
It will never happen... So it's pretty much a wasted thought.

B

Black magick

Must be a hard concept to grasp that taking something out and adding something lesser isn't a nerf. If that's the case, lets take out hiding completely and give the stealthers a hide equivalent to invis.

B

Bruin

Ok fine, make faction arties no better than GM armour, would that make you happy? So we don't remove faction arties, we just give them a much needed nerf.