• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Feedback main landing page of stratics.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My computer shows the main page with dates of 2020. I have always had a link direct to the forums and I never really noticed it till I changed computers and had to find my way back. It is just not updated?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Correct, we’ve lacked the staff to keep that part of the site updated for a few years unfortunately. People try to update stuff when they can, but the main page used to have about 40 people adding content to it during its peak, and now it’s more like 1-2.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
More like one...

ME! *sighs*

I have been trying to find more people to help...even writing up RP stories or events like Stinky Pete does.

UO Stratics is more up to date but only for Meet and Greets (Which I haven't been to since they started doing them on TC...too much spam to go through) and Origin events because that's my shard.

ANYONE can submit stories and such, and shoot me a PM when they do so I can approve it and get it on the site!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The nice thing about Central, it doesn't have to be UO content. Have another MMO you are passionate about, you can submit stories to Central. If an individual or a group can show enough regular content, they can petition for a dedicated portal.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wish I had gotten ya'll on the Vampire Survivors train. It was a hit no one saw coming and a bunch of wiki sites popped up for a while. One came out on top in the end though. It's still kind of poorly done.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The nice thing about Central, it doesn't have to be UO content. Have another MMO you are passionate about, you can submit stories to Central. If an individual or a group can show enough regular content, they can petition for a dedicated portal.
Has this ever happened? The Albion, Eve and SotA forums look all fairly dead and nowadays every game got its own subreddit where people go to. Not trying to ruin the party, but I don't recall Stratics ever being anything but a (the best) UO community. Happy to be told a history lesson if I'm wrong.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has this ever happened? The Albion, Eve and SotA forums look all fairly dead and nowadays every game got its own subreddit where people go to. Not trying to ruin the party, but I don't recall Stratics ever being anything but a (the best) UO community. Happy to be told a history lesson if I'm wrong.
I agree with this. I just don't see Stratics being used for anything other than UO. It may have been a great idea at one time but now even little indie games have their own boards. If anything, Stratics could reach out to small free shard developers and offer space here so they don't have to spring for xenforo and all the fancy plug-ins that Stratics has themselves. I'd do it for sure but I'm pretty biased.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not recently, but around 2008-2010 or so Stratics Central was decently large, and there were like 10 other game communities using it.

The Sims Online (of all things to get popular...) was the biggest, but some of the others were sizeable and even had their own dedicated Stratics staff members.

Link to the 50,000+ post Sims forum: EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums

Link to the 12,000+ post ToonTown forum: Toontown Stratics Forums

All the rest: ARCHIVED - Other Games

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not recently, but around 2008-2010 or so Stratics Central was decently large, and there were like 10 other game communities using it.

The Sims Online (of all things to get popular...) was the biggest, but some of the others were sizeable and even had their own dedicated Stratics staff members.

Link to the 50,000+ post Sims forum: EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums

Link to the 12,000+ post ToonTown forum: Toontown Stratics Forums

All the rest: ARCHIVED - Other Games
Well... If only we had a time machine.