• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magincia Stall bid

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok apparently I'm an idiot, so could someone clue me in on why I keep losing the stall that I acquire one week, the following week ? It never shows any bids, I raise the bid amount each week and I win the stall each week, only to lose it a week later. Is this by design ? Why do I see so many stalls with no commodity/pets, yet they're always open and available ? Do I need to put a higher bid amount in order to keep it weekly ? Do I lose the entire amount of my bid if it's beaten ? Why is it beaten if I keep increasing it and keep losing it ? Do I have a stalker that keeps beating it because they don't like the price of my Cu's ? WTF

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you putting a minimum bid for the future? You do have to auto bid each week. If you are the only bid it costs nothing to keep it.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you putting a minimum bid for the future? You do have to auti bid each week. If you are the only bid it costs nothing to keep it.
I thought I was...but again, each week I increase my bid and win, only to lose out the following week. I just read the instructions on the sign and I"m doing it correctly. It says the only time you would lose is if you don't match or beat the previous owner, well, when I first bid on the plot it was unowned, and i've been the only owner for 2 weeks now, and keep losing it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that sucks. Bid on a new one since someone wants your spot.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that sucks. Bid on a new one since someone wants your spot.
But they never take ownership, after I get the You lost message, I go there, and there's never an owner...and the next auction always ends in 24 hrs...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But they never take ownership, after I get the You lost message, I go there, and there's never an owner...and the next auction always ends in 24 hrs...
Double click the sign and you see this menu.
1660951572465.png

Then you Click my bid matching and put in a Number

1660951511662.png

If you are doing this, then I am of no help.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Drakelord posted about this issue on the official page on June 26
(after I posted on Discord about people needed to check their stalls)
Another friend has had this happen to theirs also.

This has happened on Sonoma again since then.

I lost my stall 3 days after it renewed.
and when I went to the superintendent
I only got my pets back
It wouldn't give me my gold back

I've had a stall for years
so I know the appropriate process

There is a bug with the system

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Drakelord posted about this issue on the official page on June 26
(after I posted on Discord about people needed to check their stalls)
Another friend has had this happen to theirs also.

This has happened on Sonoma again since then.

I lost my stall 3 days after it renewed.
and when I went to the superintendent
I only got my pets back
It wouldn't give me my gold back

I've had a stall for years
so I know the appropriate process

There is a bug with the system
Did you post this on the official forum?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Did you post this on the official forum?
I believe I said that Drakelord post on the official forums.
I also wrote on that post.
I didn't know if it was allowed to share that link here
but since people don't know how to do a search there.
I will share that link.

New Magincia Stable Vendor Vanished - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com)

And no I didn't post after that
when it happened again
because there was no response from the powers that be
but others have had that experience since then too

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's not the only bug. *SIGH* There are stalls on Legends owned by people that quit 10+ years ago. There are stalls owned by deceased players. When the account goes inactive its "SUPPOSE" to go up for auction as ownerless. That came directly from her royal majesty Mesanna.

Obviously, as we already know, she 1661129907860.png !

I tried bidding on one with one of my accounts that didn't have a stall. I continuously lose the bid regardless how much I have bid. I have bid up to 1 mill and stopped.
Another fine bugged system brought to you by Mesanna and Co. :wall::facepalm:

Thank Mesanna boys and girls.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had the same 2 stalls since the pet revamp came out. Never lost one.

Thanks Mesanna...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree and wasn’t implying it was user error at all I was going off the post above. That’s what he’ll say next

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have lots of tamers on LS that have stalls. Atlantic stalls are full of pets. If this was happening, we would have many more posts. The OP has not verified that he put in a matching bid.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We have lots of tamers on LS that have stalls. Atlantic stalls are full of pets. If this was happening, we would have many more posts. The OP has not verified that he put in a matching bid.
Why would it even be brought up? and why would you continue to insist nothing is wrong? No one needs to defend the developers at every suggestion of an issue or bug thier total absenteeism is bad enough

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would it even be brought up? and why would you continue to insist nothing is wrong? No one needs to defend the developers at every suggestion of an issue or bug thier total absenteeism is bad enough
Nope, I said the OP has not verified that he put a matching bid in, once he does that then there is a problem.

But this is not happening on LS or Atlantic, that is all I have said.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never had one I don’t use your exploit to hold pets I use paid accounts

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never had one I don’t use your exploit to hold pets I use paid accounts
What exploit are you talking about? My tamers have 35 to 42 pets in their stables. I only have paid accounts.

So you not having one proves you are able to tell if there is a bug or no bug with the stalls?

Since you don't have a stall maybe you don't know that someone can buy the pets in them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@GarthGrey did you put money in the Vendor? There is a weekly fee. It comes from the Broker balance. It is based on the prices of the pets in the vendor.

I presume the vendor will poof if he is not paid. (I don't know) There is a clicky there to deposit funds.
1661190580811.png

With all my exploiting I am probably the richest guy in UO. That 4.3M is quite a lot....

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have the players who think they are not working paged a GM?
Have they emailed Mesanna?

Because this is not affecting everyone, just their shard or accounts.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain why are you so wound up I was joking and playing along here

buy the way yes I realize pets can be bought of stalls. But people list them for 1000 times what they are worth to store them and I know you know this. Rather or not you do this I have know clue nor do I care.

Others have complained about the same issue here that Garth is having.

Try to relax once in awhile bud

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain why are you so wound up I was joking and playing along here

buy the way yes I realize pets can be bought of stalls. But people list them for 1000 times what they are worth to store them and I know you know this. Rather or not you do this I have know clue nor do I care.

Others have complained about the same issue here that Garth is having.

Try to relax once in awhile bud
Just trying to explain how pet stalls work. What shard should I go test on? I have a spare account without a vendor will only take a week to prove they work or not.

Maybe if the trolls stay away, we can test if this is a bug.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’ll give it a try sometime. I’ll put a chicken for sell at a $9.98 a pound adjusted for up coming inflation.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have plenty of money available for the stall fees, i've upped my auto bid (im not sure why I needed to do this because as I said I was able to easily win the stall without increasing anything). I"ll find out in a few days if it holds or not. It's not game breaking, just irritating.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have plenty of money available for the stall fees, i've upped my auto bid (im not sure why I needed to do this because as I said I was able to easily win the stall without increasing anything). I"ll find out in a few days if it holds or not. It's not game breaking, just irritating.
It takes the Broker fee from the Broker balance, you have to give him some money rich boy.

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you checked "See Top Bid"? When you double click the sign it will show you what the top bids are for "First Available" and/or "Specific Stall". If someone is bidding for your specific stall it will show that and how much they are bidding. I also look at what the top bid is at, just in case my stall becomes "first available". Hope I explained that correctly.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you checked "See Top Bid"? When you double click the sign it will show you what the top bids are for "First Available" and/or "Specific Stall". If someone is bidding for your specific stall it will show that and how much they are bidding. I also look at what the top bid is at, just in case my stall becomes "first available". Hope I explained that correctly.
There are never any bids listed. I'll check again this week and see.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are you selling things? Do you have money on it? Though it shouldn't poof if you don't have funds, it just won't allow you to access it until you put more gold on it.

You shouldn't have to up the bid if no one else is bidding on it.

I have had mine for....oh hell I have no idea...a long time and I get the message every week that I still have it.

1661314700246.png

1661314821190.png

I've not had any issues with mine. I will try to open one with another account but on Origin it might not be a problem because not many people have stalls so I don't think I would be bid against but you never know.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you selling things? Do you have money on it? Though it shouldn't poof if you don't have funds, it just won't allow you to access it until you put more gold on it.

You shouldn't have to up the bid if no one else is bidding on it.

I have had mine for....oh hell I have no idea...a long time and I get the message every week that I still have it.

View attachment 134048

View attachment 134049

I've not had any issues with mine. I will try to open one with another account but on Origin it might not be a problem because not many people have stalls so I don't think I would be bid against but you never know.
Had plenty of funds, so this has to be a bug of some kind. 3 times in a row I got the message saying I lost a bid, 3 times I was able to win it back by simply upping my amount a little. Each time there were no bidders, each time after I got the message there were no owners of the plot, and I was able to rebid 24 hrs later instead of having to wait a week.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had plenty of funds, so this has to be a bug of some kind. 3 times in a row I got the message saying I lost a bid, 3 times I was able to win it back by simply upping my amount a little. Each time there were no bidders, each time after I got the message there were no owners of the plot, and I was able to rebid 24 hrs later instead of having to wait a week.
What shard? If you fund me I'll see if they work for me. Are there no permanent owners on this shard? Players that have had the same spot for years.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mine just renewed.

Maybe it's a specific stall? Or specific area?

1661399006050.png

Is it in Tram or Fel?

Maybe if we can narrow down the possibilities...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok so here's my final reply on this one. I was able to finally retain the plot after boosting my bid amount only a small amount. Here's 2 screen shots from 2 days ago, and the final one today. Read the final message. I only won the bid because the last bid was for 0 gold ????..prior to that I lost out 2 times with an auto bid amount of 40k, against what I"m assuming was 0 gold !!!!!! Or my stalker just decided not to bid this week ?. Anyway the systems buggged, but I won't waste any more of mine or your time with this thread

Stall 8-25.jpg

Stall2 8-25.jpg

Stall 8-27.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They always say 0 gold because no one bids on it. Just like the ones I and Larissa posted.

I say stalking was involved.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's an option to bid on first available stall, versus a specific stall. and if the person decides to go with first available and outbid what you have, they will take your stall away from you. @Tyrath did it to me once on Siege and it doesn't tell you which stall it is until you win one. Likely what happened to you.

1661703907260.png

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a good idea to get into the habit of clicking on 'see top bids' when you visit your stall, especially if the rent is close to due. I did after someone deliberately beat my 1 million bid match to throw me off my stall.
The person who did it never actually built on the plot, keeping it empty for months, I found the same stall on Atlantic was in the same owned but not used condition??

If you keep a watch on that 'top bids' option you'll have a chance to raise your match bid and prevent stall loss.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shouldn't there be a Match top bid option
So some idiot will bid 4 plats and you log on to find all your gold gone.

The menus showed in this thread show you that there is a matching auto bid that you set the limit for.