• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Magic Reflection

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if it's inteded, but I post it anyways...

1) I case Magic Reflection
2) I'm being hit enough to finish the charges
3) I cast magic reflection again, I got the cooldown message and my mana is being removed. Nothing else happen...

I have to lose my mana for read the cooldown time?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are red and a blue casts paralize on you, and you reflect it, you flag the red, this is particularly annoying in a guardzone.

Regards, Mervyn

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I dont think the mana use is intended! I dont use reflect very often so never noticed this!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me rephrase sorry, If you cast paralise on any character with magic reflect on, that character will flag on you, so you can guardwack and give a murder count to any character with magic reflect casted.

Applause to devs

A

A Rev

Personally i LOVE reflect!!

I use it for the resists, when i log on i have 0 pool so no chance of that bug thing you mentioned...but...when i see a mystic load up plague...BANG!

I cast (quicker) it plagues himself and i unload!

Still getting the timing down but its sweet as BALLS!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but i wouldn't use it until this exploit is fixed, even i can't kill a guard

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This spell does not work well at all, if you have maximum reflective pool and you cast the spell to remove it, then cast the spell to put magic reflect back on, you're at 0% reflective pool with a 30 second timer?

Also broken: if you're at less than maximum reflective pool (but not 0) and you've not been hit by a spell for over 30 seconds and you recast magic reflect, your reflective pool is returned to 0 and not raised to max?

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This spell does not work well at all, if you have maximum reflective pool and you cast the spell to remove it, then cast the spell to put magic reflect back on, you're at 0% reflective pool with a 30 second timer?

Also broken: if you're at less than maximum reflective pool (but not 0) and you've not been hit by a spell for over 30 seconds and you recast magic reflect, your reflective pool is returned to 0 and not raised to max?
Once a reflect is broken, there is a 30 second delay before the target can cast reflect again to replenish their pool.
Magic reflection will only be removed thru purging or recasting magic reflection with an active reflection power pool.
If you have an active pool after reflecting a spell, removing magic reflection will start the 30 second delay.

If you are red and a blue casts paralize on you, and you reflect it, you flag the red, this is particularly annoying in a guardzone.

Regards, Mervyn
This will be fixed in the next publish. This should resolve the remaining flagging issues.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This should resolve the remaining flagging issues.
Hang on a second! There's one more flagging issue no one talks about. Take a murderer or criminal that has been flagged upon by a blue character. That in turn makes the blue gray or flagged. Well now that character is being cross healed by another blue which remains blue and protected from being attacked by the original murderer/criminal, but technically he's performing a negative act against the murderer/criminal but suffers no repercussions of his actions.

Simplified

Player A is attacked by Player B. Player B is flagged to Player A. Player C heals Player B. Player C is not flagged to Player A. This is broken.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Player A is attacked by Player B. Player B is flagged to Player A. Player C heals Player B. Player C is not flagged to Player A. This is broken.
It's not really broken if that is how the mechanic was intended to work. I understand that you don't agree with how it works.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If xhealing an aggressor will flag the healer to the victim it will be so sweet. There will be a lot less gzone hugging noobs.

A

A Rev

Hang on a second! There's one more flagging issue no one talks about. Take a murderer or criminal that has been flagged upon by a blue character. That in turn makes the blue gray or flagged. Well now that character is being cross healed by another blue which remains blue and protected from being attacked by the original murderer/criminal, but technically he's performing a negative act against the murderer/criminal but suffers no repercussions of his actions.

Simplified

Worse than that.

You flag on a criminal, dismount using riding swipe...you are now criminal.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Worse than that.

You flag on a criminal, dismount using riding swipe...you are now criminal.
Yep, that's only because the pet isn't a criminal though :/ which is pretty lame...

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not really broken if that is how the mechanic was intended to work. I understand that you don't agree with how it works.
Man 1 is killed by Man 2, Man 3 helps him hide from the cops. Both Man 2 and Man 3 are now targets for the cops.

Yes there current system is broken.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
puni, this would kind of give reds a way of killing any blue in a guardzone with nobody being able to x heal him without risk of them themselves being targetted.

Aside from the pet issue, i'm happy with the flagging situation.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
puni, this would kind of give reds a way of killing any blue in a guardzone with nobody being able to x heal him without risk of them themselves being targetted.
Yeah... that's the point. The blue is x healing the blue that attacked the red. HE SHOULD BE A VALID TARGET. He's technically preforming a negative act through the blue that originally attacked the red by keeping him alive letting him continue his rampage against the red. If the red or criminal flagged him then no he shouldn't be flagged to the red or criminal. Get it?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Aside from the pet issue, i'm happy with the flagging situation.
I think that makes perfect sense. It only sucks for the gzone hugging pvper wannabe bluebies.

Bluebie A x-heal a Red player ATTACKING HIS VICTIMS, Bluebie A is now INSTANTLY a valid target by everyone including other newb gzone hugging pvper wannabe bluebies as well as other grays/reds/OJs.

Bluebie B x-Heal Bluebie C because bluebie C initiated the gank on the Red, Bluebie B is still standing in gzone in "God mode" (this is why they are called PvPer wannabes), yet Bluebie B is not a valid target to anyone not even to the VICTIM THATS BEING GANKED???

It will add more challenging to the gzone hugging pvper wannabes and more fun (hey they might just turn into a real pvper someday). But I think they will probably just quit coming to fel altogether.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man 1 is killed by Man 2, Man 3 helps him hide from the cops. Both Man 2 and Man 3 are now targets for the cops.

Yes there current system is broken.
Their*

This is exactly how it works... if Man 2 killed the Man 1 who was blue, Man 3 becomes grey when he heals man 2.

If Man 1 is red (a murderer) and man 2 kills him he didn't perform a criminal action. Man 3 doesn't become a criminal by helping man 2.

Your argument is flawed and you really have no ground to stand on. This mechanic has been around since the beginning of Ultima, or at least as long as I've played.

Go do something other than gate fight and you won't have to worry about pansies like superspot catching cross heals in the guard zone.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Their*

This is exactly how it works... if Man 2 killed the Man 1 who was blue, Man 3 becomes grey when he heals man 2.

If Man 1 is red (a murderer) and man 2 kills him he didn't perform a criminal action. Man 3 doesn't become a criminal by helping man 2.

Your argument is flawed and you really have no ground to stand on. This mechanic has been around since the beginning of Ultima, or at least as long as I've played.

Go do something other than gate fight and you won't have to worry about pansies like superspot catching cross heals in the guard zone.
It's where everything leads to. Unless you're in a dungeon spawn. Even in T2A where do the blues res up? guards. If they're valid targets that they're ressing in the guard areas they themselves should be flagged to whoever that the character being ressed is flagged to.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a solely red player myself, guys i have to say, stop trying to kill blues in guardzones and stick to champ raiding.

You gotta remember, we are the baddies here, it's not supposed to be fair.