• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mages in Magincia

G

Out of Curiosity how has everyone found it using a mage during the invasion? I found it too hard with the flames etc even on my stealth/mage so swapped out to use my archer. How has everyone else been going with it?

I

imported_Merv_DeGriff

Well I can cast protection to avoid fizzles from the flames, but then it REALY will hurt when I get hit. Pretty damn ugly either way. I've just been precasting the EV, rush in, drop, run out and hide to break aggression.

It's a rough spot for everyone... archers just don't fizzle thier arrows.

G

Yeah I prefer to not use protection whenever I can avoid it, the FC drop is just a bit much for me.

I

imported_xStrikerx

I use a mage there and it can be tough. Protection is a must have, both for casting attack spells and healing. With 2 EVs, I can usually take a fairly constant wave of weaker demons by using Ebolts. I also have 90 wrestling for the evasion and 70 elemental resists, 46 physical.

Casting EVs with all the practically invisible debris is a pain and mana can be an issue with all the drain mana crap being cast on you. I have 6 MR, 35 LMC, 80 focus, and 110 med and will go through 145 mana in an average of 10 min or so, more or less depending on what I'm fighting.

I

imported_Farsight

My spellweaving mage has outperformed every one of my other characters in Magincia, including my archer.

The secret is not getting killed. With a mid-to-high focus and the renewal spell, I find I can run into the thickest of the spawns, drop two energy vortexes, then run back out.

Looting, however, has been a problem. I solved it by looting other people's kills, since by the time I can get at them, the person who mad the kill obviously doesn't want it. My vortexes in the middle of the spawns have gained me many cursed arties and even one staff of pyros.

At the bone-and-light spawns, I cast nature's fury (for the light, I'm sure blade spirits would work as well) or energy vortex and spend the rest of my mana healing the warriors who are pounding the things. It gets me kill-credit as well as the thanks of the people I help.

The only thing I avoid at this point is the dark fathers, unless there's a lot of other people around. It seems that alone, I can't even dent the things.

The one thing I have that most people don't is that my protection is always up. You don't need high fast casting for healing and energy vortexing.

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The trouble is that two EV's don't put out enough damage to let you compete for top 3 damage on any demons with a few people around. When you've got archers hitting for 200+ per arrow then you need a better strategy.

G

My mage/tamer is just about worthless for this event after three days of nothing I switched to my archer and got four staffs and four cursed arties in a couple of hours.

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As with all situations with tamers you have to match your pet to the encounter. I saw a bunch of generic tamers turn up with their cus, wait around about an hour then leave with nothing.

I took an untrained hiryu and combined with mind blast spam managed to bag over 20 staffs, masses of rubble and a few cursed artis, often outdamaging a group of 6+ archers to get in the top3 damage.

S

sorner

my artifact count was zero with my pure mage until last night. I just cuouldn't compete. However, everyone's looking for rubble right now. Plus, it seems less crowded in Magincia - holidays? Regardless, 3 artifacts in 1.5 hours!

N

nickdafunk

Its been mixed for me. Im mainly running my pure mage with 100 inscription and a demon slayer spell book. Constant protection on (you can't be in that area without it as a mage) and moderately good resists with 70 fire which is an absolute must for the double sometimes treble flame strikes...

For the majority of the invasion ive found it tough to compete but over the past week or so ive found my groove. I can take out all the lesser demons with 1 ebolt mostly and im able to quickly take down a void demon with ebolts if i see one spawn close to me.

For me its all about keeping on the move, i'm quite lagged because of my connection and the high volume of stuff on the screen so I do die more than I would like to, however I have had 2 cursed arties and a staff of pyros in the past 2 days as well as a couple of really cool rare peices of rubble.

So up until this week I have not enjoyed the invasion, but currently I am finding it most enjoyable.

I

imported_Farsight

Have you tried using earthquake (or in my case, essence of wind) yet? I've found that a properly placed field spell can rid the grounds of all the annoying little things in one shot, giving you a moment or three to focus on the big things.

On the other hand, that is also a double edged sword. While the imps, hell kitties, arcane demons and chaos demons die on the spot (most of the time, on Catskills), if the normal demons aren't focussed on other people, they tend to swamp you.

I

imported_GFY

When you cast protection don't forget to cast reactive armor to get your physical resist back up to 70.

N

nickdafunk

I normally run with magic resist and reactive armour cast because it boosts your overall resists

G

I've been doing pretty good on a stealth mage, & really well on an archer.

I haven't cast protect or reac or anything else like that. It's not been too bad, but i take a ton of armor equipment damage on my mage. I love those one hit kills with the demon spellbooks though.

I remember when demons used to be hard to kill with a mage.