• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magery spells

N

Nisse/Ubbe

It is time to give us some new to cast.
The best would be to ad via even new 9c direct damage spells that only works against monster. 1 direct damage spell for each element.
In pvm mages arnt that powerful compered to other templet.

L

Lord Richard

I think there are direct elemental damage spells out there, it's just the creatures are so much better at resisting our feeble attempts at casting them they absorb the damage. fire spells= fireball, flame strike...physical spells= earth quake....energy spells= lightning, energy bolt....cold= mind blast...poison= well you got the picture. So what's your point?

H

Hunters Moon

It is time to give us some new to cast.
The best would be to ad via even new 9c direct damage spells that only works against monster. 1 direct damage spell for each element.
In pvm mages arnt that powerful compered to other templet.
Though I think it wouldn't be a good idea to add a 9th level to the mage book,I would like to see some of the lower level spells removed and new direct damage spells added to even out elemental damage. Only one spell of physical damage with earthquake and two that does frost damage with harm and mindblast? I would like to see a frost spell with the same potential damage output as a flamestike or meteor swarm

L

Lord Drakelord

I think the 64 spells the mage has are enough, they could use a little extra *hoff* with some, make them a little more powerful, longer lasting etc.. One thing I get :cursing: with is Gm magery and I will still fizz on a 7th circle spell, [alot]. Now I can understand fizzing on a 8th circle spell, as they are the hardest spells, but I seem to fizz more on the 7th circle then any others. :confused:

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's no cap on SDI in PvM.

Try stacking as much SDI on your char along with using slayer spellbooks.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe a nice revamp to a couple of spells or change damage type on a couple, you have to admit there is very little for a mage to do for cold damage at higher levels.

Lvl8
Earthquake - Physical
Meteor Swarm - Fire
Litning Strike/Storm (forget name) - energy

you have to drop down to a lvl5 spell for your top cold
mind blast - cold

N

Nisse/Ubbe

The problem whit SDI is that it dosent have such a bost to spells as it sounds. I know i played whit 100+ SDI. The problem is that we cant do damage on pphysical sie(EQ isent much to brag about) and all cold damage spells isent effected by SDI. Energy spells is caped to 6c becous chainlightning is an area spell.

If we would get a 9c only pvm damage cirkel we could have direct damage spells who can bring us in par whit others.
If you count your 9c spell whit combination of magery, eval and inscribe you will only benefit mages who counts on mage damage only.
Fire lance (firedamage)
Ice lance ( cold damage)
Some cool name for a larg rock (physical )
desise a cloud that surounds the target and damage in 2 tics (poisen)
Chock (energy)

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the problem I have with adding more spells or increasing anything mage related.

Magery
Eval
Med

That still leaves you 300-400 points to use on other skills.

Mage/Tamer
Mage/Bard
Mage/Archer
Etc/Etc

I mean who is trying to kill things using only mage spells? Almost every char I run into has something else on top of magery to assist them.

N

Nisse/Ubbe

To run a mage whit out medi is pure stupid so if you want powrer from it as i said count damage from magery, eval and scribe. If you want SDI you cant run whit out a book wich meens you alredy up for 500+ skilpoints.

As it is now mages use SW instead of inscribe becous they get alot more pvm power out of it.

The point is a pure mage is just a joke now days.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is a pure mage is just a joke now days.

So is a pure anything (except maybe a tamer)

Any warrior without Necro, Chiv or Bushido is going to under perform compared to a char with those skills.

Add SW, Taming or Barding to those base mage skills and suddenly you have a very powerful char.

L

Lord Drakelord

you have to drop down to a lvl5 spell for your top cold
mind blast - cold
I wish that one did a little more damage then it does right now. Specially if you running a template that has no room for eval Int.

G

Grace of Pacific

I agree that running a pure mage anymore, even with the slayer books, is really only good as a support char with a tamer or another warrior. Which can be fun, but sometimes you just want to wander on your own. Then you are stuck with hunting mid level single or small spawn. And you sure can't do much but heal/cure/rez strangers at an event.

At least make it so you can cast summons in town when there are events there.

Anyway, I am adapting, and in the middle of making a provo/mage. Simply because I will only play one char (roleplay) and the many events I miss on with being a pure mage has made me realize I needed more.

Cheers

N

Nisse/Ubbe

I wish that one did a little more damage then it does right now. Specially if you running a template that has no room for eval Int.
Cold damage spells arnt effected by SDI that why they do so crapy damage compered to other spells