• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magery mastery and dread spider problems

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thought I would try a dread spider with the magery mastery. Before selecting the mastery in the final round, I trained poison and eval up to 100. During training, he was using the highest level of poison and doing a lot of damage with ranged spells. unfortunately, after adding the mastery he seems like garbage now. When he casts poison, it is always at the lowest level despite having 100 in the skill. What gives? Did I do something out of order? Or does the mastery completely ignore his poisoning skill? @Pawain @Khaelor @anyone !

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few pet types come with 2 natural Active Magic Abilities that they can use. Dread Spider has Magery and Posioning. Skree has Magery and Mysticism. (Poison is a magic ability for pets)

If no changes are made in the Magic abilities these pets will keep and use both. But, if you choose any other magic ability, the pet will lose its natural magics and just have the magic ability you chose.

You chose a new Magic ability, Magery Mastery. So the spider lost its natural Magics and now just has Magery mastery. The Lore and Knowledge screen that has black words tells you what a pet can actually use. Lore the spider and you will see that Poisoning is not there.

You changed your spider and now it follows the basic rules.
A pet can only have one Magic ability that is active.

You made a Jumping Spider.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thought I would try a dread spider with the magery mastery. Before selecting the mastery in the final round, I trained poison and eval up to 100. During training, he was using the highest level of poison and doing a lot of damage with ranged spells. unfortunately, after adding the mastery he seems like garbage now. When he casts poison, it is always at the lowest level despite having 100 in the skill. What gives? Did I do something out of order? Or does the mastery completely ignore his poisoning skill? @Pawain @Khaelor @anyone !
The GM Poisoning skill should allow it to still inflict DP with the Poison spell, so long as it's within 3 tiles of the opponent. I trained my Dread Spider up to GM Poison skill, then gave it Poison Breath and Necromage. It has a 9% chance to inflict Lethal Poison with the Poison Strike necro spell, and can apply Lethal to all nearby foes with Poison Breath. If it dies, Poison Breath can be used to re-GM Poisoning skill.