• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magery and scrolls

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i really didn’t want to pollute the other thread with this. So here I am making a new one.

What I read about pets and magery in the other thread was they don’t fizzle. And it got me to wonder, is it even worth scrolling magery and as a byproduct, eval int? This is something I have done with several pets now, the biggest I’ve done was a rune beetle I tossed a 115 magery and 120 eval scroll on.
My thinking, most likely flawed, was magery scrolls help the pet cast with little to no fizzle, while the eval scrolls helped with spell damage. So am I wrong with this thinking? I’d really like to know, one way or the other.

I really don’t pay too much attention when I’m out hunting as I focus more on staying alive and keeping my pet on target, then on what is doing what.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
i really didn’t want to pollute the other thread with this. So here I am making a new one.

What I read about pets and magery in the other thread was they don’t fizzle. And it got me to wonder, is it even worth scrolling magery and as a byproduct, eval int? This is something I have done with several pets now, the biggest I’ve done was a rune beetle I tossed a 115 magery and 120 eval scroll on.
My thinking, most likely flawed, was magery scrolls help the pet cast with little to no fizzle, while the eval scrolls helped with spell damage. So am I wrong with this thinking? I’d really like to know, one way or the other.

I really don’t pay too much attention when I’m out hunting as I focus more on staying alive and keeping my pet on target, then on what is doing what.
Eval Int. is deffinately worth scrolling. It determines spell damage.

Having higher magery doesn't help much on pets, on players it increases healing amount, there's a few other spells that work off magery skill too, but not many. I think Mind Blast might be one of them.