• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Mageing Succubus thoughts

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

Here's my situation. I want to take my Bard/Mage and kill Succubus's to get Knight of Honor. Here's what she's taking with her:

120 Magery
115 Eval
115 Meditate
120 Peace
115 Music
120 Discord
100 Hiding

She just completed "Follower" of Honor by Peace/Discord/EV's. I've done Knight on a Bushido/Swordsman on another account, so I've been able to compare "gains" between the 2 methods. I can see that continuing her using EV's will take a long time to get to Knight (last night she killed probably 35 Suc's and didn't gain a single dot in this last phase).

Here's what I'm thinking:

I'll forego using EV's and kill her with direct spells (thinking Poison/MindBlast). What I'm wondering is whether or not she is "penalized" in Honor gains if she continues to use Peace/Discord?

I've gathered together a pretty nice suit/jewels so she'll have:
85% SDI
70ish resists (75 Physical, 70 Energy at least)
7 MR
8 MI
100% LRC
8 DCI
1 FC/ 4 FCR
18% LMC

Also, I'd appreciate any suggestions/feedback any of you might have...
:)

C

canary

Hi all,

Here's my situation. I want to take my Bard/Mage and kill Succubus's to get Knight of Honor. Here's what she's taking with her:

120 Magery
115 Eval
115 Meditate
120 Peace
115 Music
120 Discord
100 Hiding

She just completed "Follower" of Honor by Peace/Discord/EV's. I've done Knight on a Bushido/Swordsman on another account, so I've been able to compare "gains" between the 2 methods. I can see that continuing her using EV's will take a long time to get to Knight (last night she killed probably 35 Suc's and didn't gain a single dot in this last phase).

Here's what I'm thinking:

I'll forego using EV's and kill her with direct spells (thinking Poison/MindBlast). What I'm wondering is whether or not she is "penalized" in Honor gains if she continues to use Peace/Discord?

I've gathered together a pretty nice suit/jewels so she'll have:
85% SDI
70ish resists (75 Physical, 70 Energy at least)
7 MR
8 MI
100% LRC
8 DCI
1 FC/ 4 FCR
18% LMC

Also, I'd appreciate any suggestions/feedback any of you might have...
:)
Resist is nice to have against magic using critters; your suit could use some more LMC, MI and MR.

T

Tazar

I used a pure-mage (No bard-stuff) with resist spells. All 70's suit, max LMC and 65%DCI. With a Demon-slayer spellbook, it was not too difficult. For Direct damage spells, Energy Bolt seemed to work best for me.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used a pure-mage (No bard-stuff) with resist spells. All 70's suit, max LMC and 65%DCI. With a Demon-slayer spellbook, it was not too difficult. For Direct damage spells, Energy Bolt seemed to work best for me.
Thx Taz... I just added a Demon Slayer spellbook to her "arsenal"... Interesting re. EBolt, since she shows (monster database) as having slightly higher resist to Energy than Cold... But I'll certainly check that when I take her out.

T

Tazar

There just really aren't all that many good cold-damage spells in the mage-book. Mind-blast has (or at least used to have) a reduction in damage against things with high intelligence so I rarely use it - or even think to use it.

Good Luck!