• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Mage Weapon

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if this is right place to ask, but I'm trying to figure out the trick to making those -20 SC 20 DCI no -1 fc Twinks/Machete of Defense, I realize they're going to be quite rare to make, but I was on TC for an hour just crafting twinks and sure, I got a few 19-20 DCI but nothing to the extent of -20 SC FC1. I was told I am not supposed to be using the valorite hammer and use a Verite instead with Val ingots. So, just trying to understand the right way to approach a chance for crafting twinks/machetes like this. Any info would be appreciated :)

J

[JD]

are you just relying on the rng?

might have better luck if you craft one with 20 dci, then imbue the rest

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't made one, but if I was to make one my approach would be like this:

Given: I want three properties and two of them take fragments. All runics give 100% intensity. So I want to make the weapon using a two property hammer since the other property is cheap.

Decision: I will be able to craft it normal or exceptional. How many final properties do I want? If I want damage increase then I will make it exceptional and use the hammer until I get the exceptional and the two properties. You will likely only have about 14 intensity left so you won't fit a high fifth property.

Do you also want swing speed increase? If so then you want a three property hammer since three properties take relic fragments. If you want three properties then use a copper hammer. If you do this then you want 5 SSI and lower the mage to -21 and non-exceptional.

Craft:
1. Use a shadow runic hammer making the Machete of Defense until you get a 20 DCI and FC +1
2. use POF
3. Imbue mage -20
4. Imbue spell channeling

-Lorax

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone who tells you to make an item out of special material, for a better chance to get any property that isn't directly from the stated metal properties, has been mining in the latrines again.

G

Gelf

Anyone who tells you to make an item out of special material, for a better chance to get any property that isn't directly from the stated metal properties, has been mining in the latrines again.
lol,

on a side note you can make these with imbuing and a dull copper runic.
make the apropriate recipe(with iron), using dull copper hammer, till u get 20dci and any other of the mods(can only use exceptional ones).
powder up to 255
lower DI to 1
imbue the rest in the correct order (most expensive first,ect)
raise DI back up(i believe 25 would be max for 15 dci with 20 probally like 5 or so)

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate the time you guys are giving! But was looking to craft an unimbued one, which is where my statement I know they'll be pretty rare and far in between, but I've seen quite a few of these not imbued, and kind of would like to craft one for myself. ;). I was on TC using a val hammer with val ingots, for an hour just crafting the twinks, with nothing coming close. So, I wasn't sure if the Val I'm using was to high? ;[

G

Gelf

the hammer can't actually be to high, u just get extra mods. as for me, if i were trying to make i would use agapite hammers. mostly because u get 25 chances per, while having the exact number of slots required(4) for what you want(and there cheaper/easier to get lol)

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right and to the OP: Use materials for the damage type against the lowest resistance of the foe, but if you aren't really swinging it and it is just to hold for the DCI then use shadow ingots to get the boost to the durability. Doing that will take fewer POF's. Then again...if you aren't swinging it and it takes little damage then shadow may remove any necessity for POF'ing it if you get a lucky high durability.

For runic only made weapons then you want any hammer giving at least four max intensity properties. Agapite and above do this, but val hammer would give what you want since you need the highest chance at 4 max intensity properties, which it gives 85% to 100% only. You will get items with an agapite hammer of only 65% max intensity as an example and maybe 65% or low on all four properties sometimes.

-Lorax