• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mage Weapon Skill Gain

Deschet

Journeyman
Any reason why this wouldn't be working atm? Skill is only 40 (15 with the weapon I have). Been running around outside of town trying to skill gain/gather leather and getting nothing. All combat skills are zero and locked. This worked on a different character less than 2 months ago so I'm a little confused.

Thanks

Deschet

Journeyman
Not sure I follow, but it has nothing to do with your interesting dialect. ;)

So make sure that the lowered skill after equiping the mage weapon is 20 points over the combat skills?

Or are you talking about the skill of the things I've been whacking? When I wack a hind or llama at 15 skill, I'm definetely within 20 points of the creature's combat skill.

Thanks

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Go to haven and train on skeletons east of main city.
Ya was talkin bout the within 20 points factor. It's 20 point range of your adjusted skill not your show real skill....
If you got enough spellweaving get a artic ogre lord and use a poison mage weapon. Adjust the plus skill items according to the 20 range.
I gained at higher levels off Ogres but those skeletons are in the range for newbs to gain at 40 plus and don't attack first.

Deschet

Journeyman
Ugh, after re-reading that snipet Maldar posted I think I have an idea...

I read that the skill training defaults to the weapon skill if it's higher than the adjusted magery skill. I think JOAT is messing me up. Adjusted magery skill is at 15, but unless I'm wrong, JOAT gives me 20 fencing. Need the adjusted magery to be 20.1+ to gain.

Will test and report back.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Tha' is very in'erestin insigh' i 'ad no' given any 'hough' 'o myself. Keep in mind can buy magery up 'o 40 a' 'he npc in 'aven as well as 'ake 'he accelera'ed skill gain ques' from 'im 'o gain a' a faster ra'e from 'he skele'ons un'il 50.
Reread you awiginal pos' an' see you 'ave i' a' 40. A couple ov naff plus 13 magery jewels could offse' 'he mage wep 'o brin you above 'he joat.