• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Mage Weapon + Eval/Anatomy Question

G

Gunga_Din

Say my Mage has 100 in Anatomy + Eval Int and is using a Mage Weapon. Does the defense stack? Dodge from Anat+Eval and Weapon Def. from the Mage Weapon.

2nd. Will tactics give a damage bonus if you don't have a weapon skill but are using a mage weapon?

Thanks

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no. But when you were disarmed you wouldn't be freely hittable. personally if you had anat/eval just use a book or shield.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tactics should add to damage done by the weapon, but you still won't be able to special. I think the "best" mage weapon being used for offense would be 70fencing with a dagger and poisoning, can infectious strike people but retain 120 weapon skill for 70 points..the hard part is finding an amazing dagger mage weapon. I remember playing with a couple of guys who tried this out, but at the time nox was worthless pretty much. I am curious how it would work right now with cure pots being the way they are.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally think that Anat+Eval is currently broke. Either that; or gargoyles with 50% hci is broke. With 120 parry/120 eval/100 anat, 70 dci, and 80+ dex; I get hit between 60-70% of the time by gargoyle throwers. Just sayin.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if ana/eval is broke it happened with pub 71. otherwise it's not broke.

i havent been playing an ana/eval char since pub 71.
As I stated; either Gargoyles are broke; or eval/anat is.

When I switched to 120 wrestle; gargoyles go back to hitting me about 1/2 the time instead of 7/10.

(Again; with 120 wrestle [or 120 eval/100 anat] / 120 parry *80 dex* / 75 dci)

Tests have been done. It sucks. :blushing:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I stated; either Gargoyles are broke; or eval/anat is.

When I switched to 120 wrestle; gargoyles go back to hitting me about 1/2 the time instead of 7/10.

(Again; with 120 wrestle [or 120 eval/100 anat] / 120 parry *80 dex* / 75 dci)

Tests have been done. It sucks. :blushing:
No offense, but I doubt you obtained enough data when doing your tests.

You can't look at it of 7/10. It needs to be in the thousands for it to be a reliable data set.