• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Mage Tower" submissions here - Deadline 10/16 @8:00pm PDT (Ended)

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

I tried to come up with something cool, but I'm afraid my architectural skills leave a lot to be desired.

I

imported_Salty Pete

I still say that a large tower would be better than any player designed building.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

I agree, even though the submissions are very unique, it just festers jealousy and discord among everyone . I don't like seeing friends fight over something silly as pixels.

Place a regular tower and perhaps have the exterior an alternative color.

S

shivan

So something I have pondered...

How can I design an 18 x 18 when:

a) I don't own that big of a plot on Sonoma, and definately don't have the required funds to customize if I did

b) Test Center, where I could place one and have free cash flow, was down for a few days and now that it is back up, I cannot place an 18x18 anywhere. (well at least I have been searching for at least an hour to no avail).

I could use that program Tal did but then it would be more of the GM style tiles and not neccessarily reflective of what is available in game.
It seems to me that this is severely limiting to some of us who would like to submit a design, but can't. I guess I expected some sort of way that all of us could have an equal chance at designing something, although I do not know how you could accomplish that.

Sigh... well my original idea was something that resembles a classic tower.
Now that we have been told it is a "Sorcerer's Tower" and has always been considered that ("We have always been at war with Europa"). , I have changed my idea to one that uses the new pretty white tiles.

I would have a welcome/visitors center on the main floor. It would have a player contributed library and a player/EM contributed museum. There would be a welcome desk with specific information for new players. Pleanty of seating for folks to gather and converse would complete the design.

On the second floor, an extensive rune library. All runebooks to be contributed by players. This floor would also house a classroom for the Sorcerers to conduct classes and informational presentations.

The third floor would feature design exhibits. This would change periodically to highlight some of our more accomplished interior designers.

The top floor would be where the sorcerers could practice their magic. It would be decorated all sorcery looking.

Well thats my two cents...

I

imported_Queen Mum

Sonoma Tower Of Sorcery submission ...
... A Tower of Illusion

*Shivan, except for the front steps all are available in game ...
I too was stuck with tearing down the Sanctuary, searching for spot on test, or using son in laws house :p
.... the little tool that Tal turned our attention to is a decorator blessing to this inept decorator.

L

lancell87

ok here mine here mine ...

its an 18x18 plot

the stable and dock area are add ons ........ which can be added on later (hopes)

S

Sagan_1

Just came from the new Mage tower, looks Like leurnid hand's design was the one chosen.

G

Masara is a sneaky one... maybe she has just thrown up a Leurnean facade to hide her actual design!

G

<font color="purple"> Congrats Leurnid!!! Was super glad to hear you had won!! Can't wait to see the finished product!!! Pax,Silk </font>

K

Kolian

All the cops in the donut shops say waaaayoooowaaayooooooowaayooowaaayooooooo...