• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Mage necro gear

L

Labrynth

Was wondering if ne one knew what the hear set should be for a necro mage wat bonuses and what high end items r needed including -20 mage wep

J

[JD]

I don’t know what the “popular” thing to do is but I decided to try something differently.

I’m a Necrotamer Mage so My template including gear is:

140 Magery
113 Eval Int
105 Necro
100 SS
120 Taming
110 Lore
100 Vet

Sadly I have no meditation; I need to tweak a few things so I have extra lower mana cost and mana regen. I use lich mode a lot in chain-heal-the-pet situations.

With this setup I equip a spell channeling -20 Mage weapon with 15 DCI.

Effectively, I have 120 Weaponskill for defensive purposes. I also have 55 DCI (Quiver, Fey Legs, Arcane Shield, Imbued 1H weapon). For a mage I’m pretty hard to hit, although not the hardest – some people are running around with 70 DCI, I haven’t yet found a way to get that in my suit. Although it works “well enough” at spawns; I rarely get hit by low stuff so it saves power as I don’t have to heal myself as often.

Resists are more than acceptable with halfass gear; 68 physical (when I use PROTECTION, so I am OVERCAPPED on physical), 70 fire, 70 cold, 68 poison, 75 energy (elf).

To keep my skills high I use an imbued Ring and Bracelet high on skills: +13 Magery, +13 Taming, +13 Eval Int, and 2 other properties. I normally wear the Totem of the Void, but when I’m taming a high level creature I have a hotkey macro through the enhanced client to swap in the Birds of Britannia +5 Taming/Lore talisman to bring me to 120 Taming/110 Lore. I tamed a greater dragon last night in 3 times, solo, with no honor, and did not die. That was awesome. :D The rest of the time I have “enough” for control purposes, and run around with 115 taming/105 lore.

Very adaptable character for various spawns/bosses/situations, although PVP and mana-intensive situations are rougher on me. I'm looking into solutions for those issues, they are both caused by different things...