• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Macros

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all. I'm fairly new to the EC and I am using Pinco's. I have made a couple macros for characters and am wondering where they are stored on my computer. I figure that if I can find the file, I can copy the macro to other characters assuming I can find their folders on the computer. So where are the files saved on home computers? It would be great if we could create one macro and have it show up on all characters macro lists, then we could just select it for each character that needs it. Any way to do that? Thanks in advance from this novice EC user.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all. I'm fairly new to the EC and I am using Pinco's. I have made a couple macros for characters and am wondering where they are stored on my computer. I figure that if I can find the file, I can copy the macro to other characters assuming I can find their folders on the computer. So where are the files saved on home computers? It would be great if we could create one macro and have it show up on all characters macro lists, then we could just select it for each character that needs it. Any way to do that? Thanks in advance from this novice EC user.
with this you can share the macros and settings through characters...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alternatively just copy a characters xml file to another.

Character files are located:

My Documents/EA GAmes/Ultima Online Stygian Abyss/User Data/Account Name/Shard/character Name

Drag and drop the file of the character you want to copy onto a notepad document, "save as" the file to the new character's name using the same path as above only with the new char's name. You may need to select 'all files' to bring up the second characters file, and it will say it already exists want to replace it etc. Just say yes/ok.

Sometimes if I just want to copy macros over I open the file of the char with the macros, and copy/paste just the macros into the new chars xml file. Just make sure the macro numbers are from 1- 100 etc in the new chars file.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alternatively just copy a characters xml file to another.

Character files are located:

My Documents/EA GAmes/Ultima Online Stygian Abyss/User Data/Account Name/Shard/character Name

Drag and drop the file of the character you want to copy onto a notepad document, "save as" the file to the new character's name using the same path as above only with the new char's name. You may need to select 'all files' to bring up the second characters file, and it will say it already exists want to replace it etc. Just say yes/ok.

Sometimes if I just want to copy macros over I open the file of the char with the macros, and copy/paste just the macros into the new chars xml file. Just make sure the macro numbers are from 1- 100 etc in the new chars file.

Thanks MissEcho. That is what I was looking for with my OP. Good to have both options.