• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Macro in 2d please.

G

gramarye

I use Evil Omen a lot as an intensifier for other spells. I'm pretty new to 2d and am trying to have a macro cast Evil Omen, then cast Energy Bolt with only one keypress. Is this possible and if so could someone please post something I could copy? Thanks in anticipation.

A

Arch Magus

It would be something like

Cast spell EO
wait for target
last target
cast spell EB
wait for target
last target

? can you fit that?

A

Arch Magus

With the delayed hit on Energy bolt, you could probably switch those 2 spells around in that macro. Similar to how you can cast a Flamestrike, then evil omen real quick before it hits.

Problem with this is, if you get interrupted during this you will have some casting issues for a few seconds.

I recommend EB and EO on 2 different buttons.

G

gramarye

Thank you, I can fit that in however, after casting EO I get the message that I am already casting a spell. Do I need some kind of pause between that and EB? Thanks for the help.

R

RichDC

Thank you, I can fit that in however, after casting EO I get the message that I am already casting a spell. Do I need some kind of pause between that and EB? Thanks for the help.
You probably wont be able to do it, 2d macro system is a bit tempremental at best of times even when single spell targetting. I used to have heal target self on a macro...soon got rid of it for heal on one button. Target self on another, and last target on a diferent.

Much...MUCH easier and less complicated

A

Arch Magus

You probably wont be able to do it, 2d macro system is a bit tempremental at best of times even when single spell targetting. I used to have heal target self on a macro...soon got rid of it for heal on one button. Target self on another, and last target on a diferent.

Much...MUCH easier and less complicated
Absolutely.

I keep Evil omen on my spacebar. I'm always slipping that in between different spells.

G

gramarye

Thank you both - have reverted to my old system of one action per key as you suggest. Thanks again.

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have UOAssist try binding TargetSelf and TargetLast to your mousewheel. Roll the wheel towards yourself to target you and away from you to target last. This keeps one spell to one keystroke and is an extremely effective setup for mages.

G

gramarye

Thank you, Phsycho. Have set that up and am getting used to it (only e-bolted myself once so far!) Thanks again all.

G

GFY

Thank you, Phsycho. Have set that up and am getting used to it (only e-bolted myself once so far!) Thanks again all.
It takes some getting used to. Wait until you heal your opponent and e-bolt yourself! :wall: :eek: :thumbdown:

G

GFY

I used to have a macro to cast heal and target self set up in UO assist. After healing an opponent and hitting myself a few times I quickly changed it back.

I do still have a cast heal target self macro set up on my tamer however, I'm not usually casting too many offensive spells so it works much better.

G

gramarye

I used to have a macro to cast heal and target self set up in UO assist. After healing an opponent and hitting myself a few times I quickly changed it back.

I do still have a cast heal target self macro set up on my tamer however, I'm not usually casting too many offensive spells so it works much better.
Lol. Reminds me of when I first started playing and set up macros to heal myself and cure myself with one keypress each. Would cast heal then have to manually target myself. Then would cast say, ebolt, which would immediately target ME! Stopped all that pretty quick too.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My macros:
F1 = Explosion
F2 = E-Bolt
F3 = Mind Blast
F4 = Para
F5 = Poison
F6 = Magic Arrow
F7 = Harm
F8 = Curse
F9 = Weaken
F10 = Clumsy
F11 = Feeblemind

1 = Stone Wall
3 = Mounts my war horse
CTRL+1 = Invis
CTRL+2 = 'All Follow Me'
CTRL+3 = Primary Special
CTRL+4 = Secondary Special
CTRL+5 = Recall
CTRL+6 = Teleport
CTRL+7 = Bless

§ = Flamestrike
CTRL+Z = Arch Cure
CTRL+C = Cure
CTRL+X = Fireball
CTRL+V = Greater Heal
CTRL+B = Heal
CTRL+N = AllNames
CTRL+H = E-Field
CTRL+D = Arm/Disarm
CTRL+S = Arm/Disarm
CTRL+A = Guards/bank etc. macro
CTRL+F = Meditation
CTRL+U = Protection
CTRL+Y = Bola
CTRL+J = Target Closest Enemy

MWheelDown = Target Self
MouseButton5 (sidebutton) = Last Target
MouseButton6 (2nd sidebutton) = Eat Enchanted Apple
MWheelpress = Heal pot
CTRL+MWheeldown = Cure Pot
CTRL+MWheelup = Refresh Pot
Page Up = STR Pot
Page Down = AGI Pot

I would like to play a necro-mage but I can't fit in the keybinds to good enough spots :(

G

GFY

It's always nice to get ideas from other people, but remember to make the macros that are comfortable for you.

For spell macros I like the keep it simple aproach. I use my main offensive and defensive spells butI don't make macros for everything. Too many to remember and I get confused! :gee:

I pull the spell images off the spell book and set them around my picture frame and use these for the spells I use that aren't as important. like recall, gate, etc...

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe, I forgot to add that making macroes that cast spell X and then automatically targets the spell can be pretty hazardous (and useless) especially in PvP. You're just better off making a hotkey for all the spells you use often - and like you said click the less useful spells.

Proper use of LastTarget and TargetSelf queueing should be practiced as well, as I've seen quite a few mages poison or damage themselves and heal me :p.