• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mace and shield vs spirit of totem

R

RAID

I was wondering which would be better, mace and shield glasses or spirit of the totem. My PvP chara is as follows:

120 fenc
120 parry
100 anat
100 heal
100 tatic
80 poision
80 chiv

Thanks for the advise

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not have both?

Uh, cause you can only wear one at a time?;)

If your weapon has HLD, you may want the Spirit for the HCI and Str increase, I find the resist placement kinda lame though. I prefer the Mace and Shields for the stat increases, HLD, and the way the resists are set up.

D

Desolation87

I feel HCI is just as important as DCI. But if you can get your HCI from other places and don't need the 15 from the SotT, then no reason no go for M&S.

D

DVI

For a long time mace and shields were prefered over spirit of the totem b/c of the price. Coming up with 7-11m was alot easier than 18-22m, but with the changes to doom and the increase of artifacts in circulation the price has fallen making the mace and shield more expensive and almost more difficult to obtain. So unless price is an issue for you it really comes down to the mods, if you need the hci a spirit may be a more viable choice, but if your template has enough hci then the stats, resists and hld may be a better choice.

look at your temp and see what fits best.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Mace & Shields have better resists, effectively give you 30 HLD on every weapon meaning you need less HCI anyway. You can still equip 45 HCI on jewelery/weapon/shield, which imo gives you better chance than finding good weapons with HLD.

Totem has going for it (over M&S's) 5 more stat points and 15 rpd.

Imo it's no contest and M&S win every time. The only other thing is they now cost more that a Totem.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These people are all wrong IMO....

It really depends on what weapons you have to use, if your using a shield or not, what ur jeweles are etc....

You need a minimum of 40 HCI imo....
if you cant use a shield then u need HCI on ur weapon or use the totem...

Say off ur jewels you get at least 25 HCI... 12 on a ring 13 on a brace... if you can get 27-28 even better... That means all you need on ur weapon is 12-13 HCI to get it up to 40... if u dont have the hci on your weapon go with the spirit of the totem and make sure your weapon has Hit Lower Defense 40+...

If you have HCI and HLD on your weapon go with the folded steel glasses for the DCI... HLD Caps ou at 50... Wearing mace and shield glasses will not stack with your weapon to go over 50... So you can have 40 on ur weapon 30 on glasses ur HLD is 50... so thats wasted 20% of hld goen to no use mine as well go with DCI or MAX HCI...... it's way more important....

S

Still Frame

It all depends on your suit and weps, if you can get the hci on your jewls, weps, and shield then why not use mace and shield?

But the comment about liking the stats....totem has 20 str and glasses have 10 str and 5 dex how hard is it to lower your str by 20 and put it into other things with the totem? 80 str + totem = 100 and u can then take 20 extra dex/int

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my guys is wearing the glasses, one is wearing the totem. I have extras of each so I can put em both in glasses or totems if needed.

Like all these other people have said, it just depends on your set up.

A

athlon

go with the ultimate warrior set in the game - the heartwood darkwood set.

Without jewels, the correct Heartwood Darkwood set gives you:

Self Repair 3
+10 Str
+12 HP
+30% HCI *or* +60% DI (can have 5% HCI or 10%DI on a piece)
+30% DCI
+25% Reflect Physical
100 luck

Gives you whopping resists also :)

I have argued this up and down - it is the best suit in the game and IMO, beats any suit you can throw together using arties.

Add the Crimson, quiver infinity, luck robe, uber bracelet, uber ring, and an uber weopon (most important) and solo just about anything.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing that put me off on the Spirit is that it wasn't able to take a Powder of fortification. I read they are fixing that soon.

First is starts with the discovery of the Spirit. Drool ensues. Then you find out about the Mace & shield. Then you discover the folded steel Glasses. Then the Dread Pirate hat. What to do?

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding cost, mace and shields cost 2mil if one spends the week or so turning in the battle axes. Of course, the totem costs nothing if one spends the week or so in doom, but the outcome in not guaranteed like the library turn-in is.

B

Baghdaddy1

I can't believe no one has mentioned the helm of insight. That is the most under rated dexxer arty hands down. Granted the resists on the M&S is very good and also has good stats, the helm of insight gives more stats (+23 to mana overall I believe which is more than the totem) not to mention the MR2, and LMC 8. The resists are horrible on it though but i believe it is better than the totem and M&S.

My two cents

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love the Helm of insight, but I want to stick to medable items. Wish the helm of insight was medable.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Totem offers 5 more Stats and they are all in STR which means more HPs, a bit more damage.
Also it offers enough Physical Resist so you can experiment with Magic Reflection/Reactive Armour combos.
The HCI is always nice to have, some PvPers lately have turned to HLA weapons..

And you can bless it with a Clothing Bless Deed.

Now the Glasses offer great Resistances but to be able to inflict the HLD 30 you need to be able to HIT first. HCI at max is a priority.
Also if you're using Healing or if you've got a slow weapon, the Glasses add DEX as well.

Price is not the issue anymore either.

I guess that, and what the others above already mentioned should be enough for you to decide.
When faced with that dilemma I switched to Totem.

EDIT : Helm Of Insight? Well I remember the Glasses being non-med as well so HOI could be good too if you're THAT mana-intensive.
........In which case, are you doing something wrong with your suit? :p