• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lumberjacking and Bowcrafting help

M

marcelom

Hi guys, i wish if some of you can give me a hand with Lumberjacking and Bowcrafting, never trained those skills in a crafter, i would like to know ways to train both, what to do best to get the best gains, any feedback will be much appreciated.
Regards!

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

check out the FAQ which is sticky here in the forum.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Training the two together is good. You chop wood and make bows and either throw them away or bring a pack animal and take them to town and sell them for a little cash if you need it (new player?) Both will go up. Look at the faq for the items to make for the skill. You will have a good amount of gold by the time you gm bowcrafting if you sell but it takes time so perhaps not worth it.

U

Union Althenry

I haven't seen an answer to this thus far, maybe I didn't look hard enough. How do I obtain Runic Fletch Tools?
Any help would me much appreciated.
:pint:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Union: See section 7 of the Bowcraft FAQ.

The Heartwood quests (which are also good for training the bowcraft skill) are the source of the fletching runics.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hi guys, i wish if some of you can give me a hand with Lumberjacking and Bowcrafting, never trained those skills in a crafter, i would like to know ways to train both, what to do best to get the best gains, any feedback will be much appreciated.
Regards!
personally I would also put carpentry on that character that way you can turn logs into boards and make it so you can carry lots more get a pack animal go to yew fill packy up with boards then go to heartwood and do the bow craft quests
you have chance to get fletching kits talismans and other goodies plus skill gain then you can take the items you got and keep what you want sell or dump the rest then rinse and repeat
snowdog ls shard
ps I would actualy take multiple packies if you are real serious that way as you start to collect colored boards you have extra packy to start filling up with colored boards

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like working both lumberjacking and fletching up while doing the heartwood fletching quests. Just grab a blue beetle and head towards heartwood. Chop lumber and convert to boards (don't need carpentry to convert plain lumber to boards) on the trees around heartwood until beetle is full then go inside and do the fletching quests. They have the quests set-up pretty good in that if you have just 30 in fletching you can do the simple bow quest until you can make the next level of bow/crossbow. The only thing is that they changed the lethal dart quest that I normally would have used once I was in the mid-50's to crossbow bolts, so there is a gap in that skill range, but otherwise you can GM fletching pretty easy. Normally I will get a couple runic kits by the time I GM'd fletching, and have lumberjacking up in the mid 80's. The only problem is that with the current invasions there is a chance that you might pop out of heartwood and into a mass of red spawn.