• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

luck?

P

pbftw

does luck help with loot from t-chests?

what about in general - someone told me that the luck system was broken and that they get better loot when they don't have their luck suit on...

G

luck does effect monster loot considerably...does NOT effect chest loot

P

pbftw

alright - i've been running with a luck suit for about 4 days now. while popping chests i end up killing several dragons and ogre lords and an occasional ice OL...

i have seen absolutely no difference in loot at all.

how much luck do i need, for cryin out loud? i currently have a little over 1100

G

Ok maybe you misread my post or maybe I misunderstood you... so I will say it again....

LUCK DOES <font color="red"> NOT </font> EFFECT CHEST LOOT in any way!

Luck only effects monster loot....there is No present cap on luck...but I believe the present max luck possible to have is around 1200 plus the luck bonus given by the new virtue statue....that is variable based on account age. The higher your luck total, the greater effect it will have. Just remember...it still takes some real world luck!

These are called Luck suits for a reason..."NOT guarenteed uber loot suits"

TW

G

As far as what luck does for you....it increases your chance at a "special"!

All monsters have "specials" as part of thier loot.
The hunters guide will tell you what the "special" is for most monsters.

For example...most solen queens drop 5-6 fungi. The special for a solen queen is either 25 fungi or a pet ball. You luck rating will effect how often the loot of a monster will contain a special.

it also effects how often many of the "marties" will drop.

TW

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck allso increase the number of mods and the intensities of the mods on the loot that a monster drops.

Btw since im posting, you can have much more then 1200luck.

150 - Jesterhat/glasses
200 - Lucky Neckalce
200 - Armour of fortune
140 - runic/loot Legs
140 - runic/loot Sleeves
140 - runic/loot Gloves
100 - Ring
100 - Brace
95 - Robe
220 - Jana staff (you could use a 180 valhammer made luckblade and the museum sheild with 80 luck... But you will never find a 180 luck blade though)

total 1486 luck.

G

1486 eh...well I knew it was up there....does anyone know what the max luck the statue can give??

thanks for the correction

G

<blockquote><hr>

1486 eh...well I knew it was up there....does anyone know what the max luck the statue can give??

thanks for the correction

[/ QUOTE ]

The max a statue will give is 700 = 200 base + (50*10 years)

T

Trukx

The only other follow up to that is that a couple of dragons and OL's is not a substantial amount to notice anything. Over a period of time however you will see a significant increase in intensities and total properties when your luck is high; it may not be what you are looking for and as 'uber loot' becomes more and more common what was really good before is just run-of-the-mill now--but its still better than if you had no luck in the long term.

I run 1450+ (+700 statue for 2150+ total luck) and i get max intensity/max total prop all the time. Luck works. It may not be a 'good overall piece' due to the randomness of properties, but they 90%+ maxed out fairly often.

P

pbftw

yeah. i mean, i understood that it didn't effect loot from the chests. i just thought that, with how much good luck pieces cost and the sacrifice you have to make in resists/lrc and other mods, that the reward would be better than that.

if the intensities are increased (like 50% ML instead of 30%) than it might be worth it, but i can kill more efficiently with my 2/6, 100% LRC, all 65+ suit on and not have to worry about burning regs or arcane gems.

i mean, i pulled this from a 311 gold chest near the acid eles in despise:

mace (whichever one has a square top and spikes)
35% DI
20% SSI
48% fireball
UBWS

granted, it's not the best thing ever, but it's better than anything i've gotten killing ogre lords with a luck suit.

i guess i'll camp the island or the ice OL's with my luck suit and just pop chests and kill monsters for a few hours sometime to see if i get anything better instead of just killing randomly while i'm poppin chests.

also, soon as i get provoke worked up, i'll be able to do lvl 5 maps... maybe the monsters there will drop something.... just that my luck suit with magic reflect and reactive cast puts me at about all 50's or close to it. i get hit pretty hard... and i'm burning regs the whole time. thank goodness the chest is full of em, i guess.

i'll prolly just end up selling my suit anyway. i mean, if it's not gonna make a financial difference in loot, it's not worth the trouble. well see.

thanks again for the guidance.

G

I doubt you will ever see nice loot from an Ogre Lord, even with maxxed out luck. They just don't have it to give.

My favorite critters for "luck hunting" are (in no particular order)

Miasma
Dragons
Rotten Corpses
Rune Beetles
Hiryu
Oni
Swoops
Balrons
Ancient Wyrms
Peerless
Named Bosses in Bedlam

There used to be a chart of what could drop what, and with the intensity level, but I can't fnd it now.

G

Couple more thoughts for you.

I think 1144 luck gets you a 50% chance for a loot bump. 1454 gets you a 57% chance, as luck is on a diminishing return scale.

You can try balancing "risk v. reward" with your suit, depending on what you're hunting.

My highest luck suit is 1454 with 100% LRC, FC 1 and crappy resists. I can run around in Destard all day with that and never worry (I'm a tamer/thunter).

I usually hunt with it tuned down a bit, 1253 luck, 100% LRC, 1/3 casting and 60's resists. I can survive almost any hunt with that. Enough to run and cast invis anyway.

I also have a "battle suit" for tough places or major hunts that's really a pure mage suit: 131 luck, 63/70/61/69/75, MR 14, LMC 40, 2/6, etc...

I guess my point is, one suit won't do it all. Dress for the event when possible.

It's taken me years to build these up. That's part of the fun for me, but I used to chafe when I'd see someone strutting in the AOF.