• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck Users

Which template do you successfully run 1000+ luck on?

• Mage

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Dexxer (including archers)

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Bard

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Tamer

Votes: 70 78.7%
  • Paladin

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Necro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ninjia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samurai

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • A hybrid that doesn't fall in to any of the above

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
A

Anon McDougle

Bard/archer 120 peace prove music 50 chiv 100 archery rest in ant and healing 1600 + luck hunt hyirus/lessers not much danger ok loot

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1910 Luck lrc suit (thank you horned kit gods).

Notice a massive difference in doom. arty an hour as opposed to two a day.

Template is discord tamer.
the highest possible luck you can get on a suit that does not include event items is 1705

new luck jewelry ring/bracelet = 400
aof = 200
lucky necklace = 200
luck blade = 160
jester hat/maritime reading glasses = 150
sleeves = 140
gloves = 140
legs = 140
robe of the equinox = 95
vesper order shield = 80
total = 1705

my suit on my tamer is now 1645 luck 100 lrc medable

so unless you have event items or are including using the luck sculpture, you don't have that high of luck on a regular suit

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I have 2231 with the new jewlery (& statue) hunted for an hour today and still got nothing worth keeping.

R

Righteous

1910 Luck lrc suit (thank you horned kit gods).

Notice a massive difference in doom. arty an hour as opposed to two a day.

Template is discord tamer.
the highest possible luck you can get on a suit that does not include event items is 1705

new luck jewelry ring/bracelet = 400
aof = 200
lucky necklace = 200
luck blade = 160
jester hat/maritime reading glasses = 150
sleeves = 140
gloves = 140
legs = 140
robe of the equinox = 95
vesper order shield = 80
total = 1705

my suit on my tamer is now 1645 luck 100 lrc medable

so unless you have event items or are including using the luck sculpture, you don't have that high of luck on a regular suit
Theoretically if the luck Gods shined down on you, you could have 3455 luck if you added in the Luck Statue, perfection and the sphinx bonus.

Righteous

J

Joyous2K

Theoretically if the luck Gods shined down on you, you could have 3455 luck if you added in the Luck Statue, perfection and the sphinx bonus.

Righteous
The stuff still stinks even if luck hits. There is all the random crap. You may get five properties but if they are Fencing +3 Str +1 Dex +1 Mana +5 Enhance P 15% it is still crap.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The stuff still stinks even if luck hits. There is all the random crap. You may get five properties but if they are Fencing +3 Str +1 Dex +1 Mana +5 Enhance P 15% it is still crap.
So true. I'm sure there was a time when you could get good items off monsters I'm sure there was!

R

Righteous

Whats's this luck statue?
There is a small statue you can get when killing stuff in anti-virtue dungeons. It gives additional luck for an hour based on your account age. I think I am still getting 650 luck bonus on my tamer when I use it.

Righteous

C

Canucklehead73

Sorry if someone already mentioned this...

Successful templates with luck has alot to do with the suits other properties.

A tamer can get by with weak resists, which is why the bulk of luck players are tamers, or even a mage/bard can make do with similar suits.

Although it took me alot of years of hunting and enhancing, I have a 1306 luck suit with 70 68 70 66 64 resists on it, making it usable for most fighter templates. For speed I use a fighter bard to employ discord. But I have used the suit on my standard fighter as well as my archer.

As for luck and getting good items... Well it takes alot of time and effort to get the good drops, as it SHOULD be, and anyone can get a good drop without luck, but what luck really does is increase the chances of getting a good drop... But does NOT guarantee you will, keep this in mind.

J

Joyous2K

Is it worth the time to build the suits for other chars though?
I spent 3 months of steady gameplay to get my crappy luck suit. All I am doing now is looking to make it a generic good luck suit. That will take about 1-2 years probably. Then I will make a macro for all the chars that will use it and be done with luck hunting. Then EA will make new luck drops that ruin my suit and I will have to start over. That is a sandbox for you!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I think (having done another hour with no items worth even a second look) that I'm begining to agree with the people who don't think it works at all.

I don't think trying to build it on other templates is a good idea either, though it depends what you hunt. Non casting monsters like hiryus/lessers you can mind blast them to death no problems (aside from those pesky ninjas) but anything that level with casting would probably fry you in a couple of spells with a bad resist suit.