• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck Suit

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So luck suits have been on my mind lately. Basically all the ones i see for sale have been imbued with cheap stats, 100 luck, usually a non max resist or two and lrc.

Ive been crafting 140 luck base peices, with a non resist stat (preferably mage related) and adding 8 lmc 2 mana regen and 20 lrc to them. With mempo of fortune, Jester hat of chuckles, Armor of fortune, conjurers garb, novo bleu set, you only get 5 mana regen. Im making gloves sleeves and leggings obviously.

So... im keeping the first set i make for myself, because i prefer mana over resists, (as a tamer you dont really get hit if you arent actaully taming something)

I wondering if most tamers would prefer mana stat max luck peices, or the cheap to make 140 luck pieces with no mana stats, having resists instead. (which are listed for about 10 mil anyway)

PS - i also like starting with crafted 140 luck because i can use tokuna paragon gold on them, can only use natural dyes on only imbued peices, and theres no golden natural dye.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mana is less important to my tamer than resists. My tamer uses magery for very limited support, since he is a discord tamer with no Meditation or Evaluate Intelligence. Even with mana properties on my suit, once I am out of mana, it takes a while to regain it. I cast some support spells on myself and my guildmates, but it is usually just a quick Invis, Heal, or Cure to save someone's hide. I do not use offensive spells.

My luck suit is similar to what you listed and I tend to only equip it towards the end of the fight (for bosses and such). I find that 800 luck is a good enough number for general hunting, so I don't wear it all the time.

I would not pay 10M for an Imbued 140 luck piece, no matter what its resists are. The special ingredients required to imbue luck and resists to 100% are the easiest ones to get.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the input Barry :) Well like i said im really just making a suit first for me, and i do about half my damage with magery, so i value the stats. But i know theres a vast array of tamer styles as well.

What you said about imbued luck suits isnt true tho. You cant get 140 luck with imbuing, have to imbue to 100, then enhance with spined. Maybe you were assuming people know this. So people rarely make luck suits with perfect stats. Also, getting a base 140 luck piece with just the right stats for a perfect imbued piece is kinda hard. At about 175k a kit it gets pricey, plus other stuff, and time and effort :)

Thanks again for your response. At any rate ill have a nice suit for my tamer :)

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assumed that it was known that to get to 140 Luck, one would need to imbue regular material to 100, then enhance with spined (or gold) and hopefully succeed. It was not really part of your question, so I figured it was known.

What kits are you using to make the armor pieces, spined kits? Why don't you just use a normal sewing kit to craft the item to imbue? An piece of exceptional armor made from a normal sewing kit will have 9 more base resists (distributed randomly) than an exceptional piece crafted with a runic kit. See this section of the Tailoring FAQ in the Craftsman Forum for more information. Thiat might save you from using runic kits, if you are looking for specific resists. Runics can give higher resists, if you are lucky to get them as the runic properties, but the intensity range for spined kits is so vast (50%-100%), that your chances are not very good.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im using the kits just to make a base 140 piece. I don't want high resists, rather mana regen, lower mana cost, and preferable mana. and of course 20 lrc. The imbue / enchance method isnt cost effective at all to get stats. But, with 3 peices made from spined kits, then imbued, i can wear all the max luck peices in the game, have max lmc, and the 6 more mana regen, which makes decent difference when doing max magery damage with a tamer. Max damage is neccessary, because soloing things like lady mel do have a time limit, and it also just makes everything quicker in general. Might not be for everyone i guess, but i like max dps :)

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make few pieces using plain leather and normal kit till you get nice resists roll.
pof (optional)
imbue 100 luck
enchance with spined
in case you lucky, you have 140 luck piece with 360 imbue points left
imbue 8lmc, 2mr, 20lrc
you have 50 imbue points left for +7 resist mod

using OP arties set you'll end with suit 60-65 phys and 50-55 others

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can imbue again After enhancing with spined, i was totally wrong. I would assume you cant because you cant with wood, but have to admit ive never tried.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only newly crafted/enhanced items can be imbued. Not sure about exact publish number.