• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck Suit Swapping EC v CC

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They were all rather minor issues. They should be fixed, yes, but those issues in no where outweigh all the pluses of the client. Still just comes down to looks if you ask me.

And like I said, I'm not an EC user..
Minor issues unless you like looting bosses and having a shot at the EM drop.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dev's said it's 50/50 a while back, so it's even. I for one don't use the EC (literally ever) and am certainly not mad about it, I just think that whats best for the game is to add new stuff, not redo old stuff. The team is just too small do be doing anything twice.
Of course they said its 50/50 bc if the truth was out there and it was 70% CC and 30%EC then we might have a problem :). I have a good idea on what I think the % is. The 100's of people I know I would say honestly 25% at most play the EC and that's a decent sample size.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Of course they said its 50/50 bc if the truth was out there and it was 70% CC and 30%EC then we might have a problem :). I have a good idea on what I think the % is. The 100's of people I know I would say honestly 25% at most play the EC and that's a decent sample size.
I'm willing to bet Mesanna is right... I'm betting more folk use the EC than you think... and most of them don't come to Stratics.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm willing to bet Mesanna is right... I'm betting more folk use the EC than you think... and most of them don't come to Stratics.
Ok you had a stratics poll and it went in favor of CC, People I know and talk to use the CC for the most part, like I said in a previous post 75% CC 25%EC and that's being generous. I don't know how many times you need to look at the sky to see it's blue... If they decided to scrap the EC UO would live on but if they scrapped the CC UO would no longer exist. That's a fact JACK!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok you had a stratics poll and it went in favor of CC, People I know and talk to use the CC for the most part, like I said in a previous post 75% CC 25%EC and that's being generous. I don't know how many times you need to look at the sky to see it's blue... If they decided to scrap the EC UO would live on but if they scrapped the CC UO would no longer exist. That's a fact JACK!
I know that more and more players make the switch when they see what the EC can do and they want it. So I know I'm right. I also know tons of folk who haven't visited Stratics in YEARS and they use the EC... I I'm fairly certain that Mesanna is not lying.

Lord Trollo

Adventurer
I know that more and more players make the switch when they see what the EC can do and they want it. So I know I'm right. I also know tons of folk who haven't visited Stratics in YEARS and they use the EC... I I'm fairly certain that Mesanna is not lying.
excuse me but 4 out of the 5 voices in my head say that the classic client is better. thats 80%. so my opinion is clearly the correct one.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you do agree if the EC went away UO would still survive but if the CC went away it would be the end for UO. That can tell you something. Search your feelings you know it to be true

Last edited:

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Ok how about this? What about those of us like me who are not smart by any means and just have no idea how to use EC? The only reason I can use the CC is because I have been here for its evolution. I mean I'm seriously dumber than crap when it comes to computers.

And just for the record I think both clients are Jurassic and for evidence I submit the T-Rex!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So you don't agree if the EC went away UO would still survive but if the CC went away it would be the end for UO. That can tell you something. Search your feelings you know it to be true
If the EC went away I'd be done with UO. Unless of course they took it away to give us a real 3d client. If left to return to the CC I would rather just quit.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The graphics don't compare nor do they make the game good or bad, but the challenge is more in favor of those older games... sad but true, unfortunately.
In my opinion there are a good number of old games that have much better art design than a lot of the 100m dollar semi-photo realistic modern ones.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have zero reason to lie, and you really have zero reason to believe they are lying. If you are just going to deny even the devs word on it, what can anyone really say?

Also 100 people is not a good sample size for a group of some 1000's. Even if its just 5k that's far too low for an accurate poll.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
all I care is things to be fair between the clients, I see posts about suit swapping should be only for ec, just use ec, ect.... it is clear some people want an advantage. I know many cc users have no idea what ec can do with pincos. if they did they would not be happy. all I'm saying is, by making one client better than the other is not good for the game. some people like to argue, on and on and on. lets do what's best for game, fix and improve things, stop cheating, have fun.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The point is they shouldn't even be supporting that garbage cc client.

You jurassics should be happy you can log in at all with it.

The classic client isn't what's keeping UO alive, it's what's killing it.

EC client (gamebyro) client is the same game engine used for games like Rift, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout.

We could have a far better looking game than what we have right now, the reason we don't is continued support of the crap client:trying to get UO to look like the CC client in the gamebryo engine.

Everything about the gamebryo is better.

Time to move on folks, and stop living in the stone age...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Second. You complain about that the EC have so much benefits like 2suits etc.
Well you can also use 2 suits in CC. Hide yourself and switch it.
Good luck with that when you're pvp'ing. Dress macros in the CC switch one piece at a time. In the time it takes for you to switch a MINIMUM of 8 pieces that way, you'll most likely be going OoOoOoOoOo. For pvm it's not too big a deal...if you're a tamer. Invis/hide, switch suits, boom, you'll be wearing your Luck suit shortly.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Good luck with that when you're pvp'ing. Dress macros in the CC switch one piece at a time. In the time it takes for you to switch a MINIMUM of 8 pieces that way, you'll most likely be going OoOoOoOoOo. For pvm it's not too big a deal...if you're a tamer. Invis/hide, switch suits, boom, you'll be wearing your Luck suit shortly.
Why don't you do yourself a favor then, and log in with a better client..which has a modern UI?

You jurassics really are screwing yourself over by continuing to use that fossil of a client.

It's WAY better folks...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The number of times he uses the term he must be trying to start a brand or something... or he may just not be a very good at having a discussion with people.
Definitely that. I'm surprised he hasn't started calling us geriatric yet.

I've done some things in the EC, usually backpack related. I can't stand how it looks...and I'm usually not one to complain about graphics being bad considering I was an NES baby way back in the late 80's/early 90's. If it didn't look like utter crap I would actually use it. I like some of its features, but...

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran

Let me fix it for you. Repeat ICON :thumbup:

Are you still running LPs too?

It's the digital age...there are things things called MP3, wavs, etc...

There's this new client called the EC...maybe you've heard of it...

Your gonna say it's a broken record..and your grandchild is gonna ask you: " What does that mean? Broken record!?":eyes:

Get with the times folks.

Time to move on from the jurassic period...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more 'functional' client as you call it is also full of problems mentioned all over these forums. If their going to keep on trying to force us to switch to the fubar thing, they need to get it working well first or just send the thing the way of the Third Dawn client. All we CC users want is a decent looking client that works well, why we're still using the CC.
Oh my .......... and CC never has bugs or problems? I play EC and I hear my people I play with that are in CC complain a lot more about client crashes and bugs than what few problems that I have.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my .......... and CC never has bugs or problems? I play EC and I hear my people I play with that are in CC complain a lot more about client crashes and bugs than what few problems that I have.
You do realize that every CC user there is knows your spouting garbage when you say that don't you? :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do realize that every CC user there is knows your spouting garbage when you say that don't you? :p
Nope, I know I'm not and that's all that matters. Why CC haters believe that the EC is garbage is who is spouting garbage, how would you even know, I'd venture to say you haven't played it as long as we have so how can you even judge it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, I know I'm not and that's all that matters. Why CC haters believe that the EC is garbage is who is spouting garbage, how would you even know, I'd venture to say you haven't played it as long as we have so how can you even judge it.
Why would I have played it for years as you apparently have, a few months made reality clear, the EC has problems and annoyances I don't like. Enough have jumped on the 'It's the newest! It's therefore greatest! bandwagon to keep it from fo0llowing Third dawn into the trash. So be it, we have a second client the devs won't finish because they know it's not worth the bother and are just placating it's users enough to keep them from quitting.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I never said its good to switch ar with assist. I know both Clients.
I play EC because of the fancy **** it provides. I would not go back.

And iam not sure why the CC players still bash the EC it looks the same. Like ****. But hey. Thats the way it is

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't you do yourself a favor then, and log in with a better client..which has a modern UI?

You jurassics really are screwing yourself over by continuing to use that fossil of a client.

It's WAY better folks...
I dont understand your logic when referring to the Classic Client as "Jurrassic" other than to troll. The ECs tech and graphics are of the same era.

when the EC was released in 2008, the graphics and interface were already 5 years out of date. its laughable to even think to call the EC client "modern"

Easiest example: WoW was released in 2004. i think that statement speaks for itself
If CC is jurrassic, what dinosaur age is EC?

please stop trolling with referring to CC as "old".
Everytime you do, you reveal ignorance of the last 20 years of gaming history.

Practically speaking, EC is just as out of date, old, "jurrassic" as the Classic Client.

If UO had the resources i can guarantee you the EC would be killed off in favor of 1 Classic Client with a slightly updated interface. Its a shame the work on the EC has sucked the devs dry. if EA were smart they would have embraced UO as a retro game, it will never be "modern" but that type of game is actually becoming very popular in the last 5 years. If EC had been trashed we would have a much better, single client for sure. It should have never been released in the first place.

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Smoot

I think it's not so easy as all here say. There is no black and white here.

Its greyish i think. Programming the CC i think is not very good as its outdated stuff. Which means its harder to get personnel who is skilled in that.

Also even the EC got a way more modern Engine below its maybe not the best also.

But thinking the handfull of devs with 2-3 Programmes can make something new is wishing and i dont believe in miracles.

I think it was a strategic descision to push EC. Therefore we have to live with that.
It doesn't matter which personal favorite each of us have. I would not waste my time to hope for adjustments in CC.

Personally i see that CC got some stuff i like: following, riding, some parts of grafix.
But I arranged my self with the EC due to the benefits it gives me. And everyone who say the CC is the better client is blind sorry.

It is way more Advanced and got much more Features.

When it comes to Bugs i would say it's even.

But in the end everbody has the right to play the client he like.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Finley Grant

i agree for the most part, i just dont think EA was smart to try to make UO "modern" and did not have the foresite that retro games would be very popular now (not relying on graphics)

i realize the dev team is too small now to do anything. i was speaking of around 2006 when the EC was in the works. during that time i think a totally new client could have been made with some slight updates.

Hate to say it but think free shards. they can do much more than is possible in the old code of the CC, but it has the exact same look and feel of the classic client.

the EC was a mistake.

im more than likely to quit UO altogether, because of the disparity of features between the 2 clients than switch to looking at graphics of the EC.

this post is about switching luck suits, and is perfect example of the stituation. i dont bother doing pvm anymore because its not really worth it for high end mobs unless you have luck. i dont bother doing pvp anymore because of the unequal competition. And those 2 things are most the daily game. But the EM events, crafting, and house deco are enough to keep me playing this retro game (plus my subs are paid up for like 3 years already so might as well)

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i didn play when EC was added so i dont know the situation back then.

i had lot of problems when i switched to EC, for about 2 weeks i was between F***** this **** and praying that it get better.... well it gets better and to be honest except 2 or 3 things which still piss me off you get used to it. even the "fancy" grafix.

but ofc all folks have to decide themself if you switch or not...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can we get a reply on this please, @Kyronix @Bleak?

Could we get the ability Suit swap/equip our entire suit with a single macro for Classic Client like it works in the Enhanced Client?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
EC client (gamebyro) client is the same game engine used for games like Rift, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout.
Always wondered why I never liked the "art" in those games.. now I know why. Thanks :)

Can we get a reply on this please, @Kyronix @Bleak?

Could we get the ability Suit swap/equip our entire suit with a single macro for Classic Client like it works in the Enhanced Client?
Agreed, they can even sell a "Backpack Mannequin" on the UO Store to accomplish the task. That'd be $4.95-$9.95 outta my pocket and a few other pockets fast I would imagine...

see.. ya gotta give them an income stream possibility to get some action at times :D

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed, they can even sell a "Backpack Mannequin" on the UO Store to accomplish the task. That'd be $4.95-$9.95 outta my pocket and a few other pockets fast I would imagine...
I don't agree with it being sold from the store, but I guess if it were I would be buying a few.
mostly because we have a monthly subscription, EC users essentially got it for that and so should we CC users.