• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck Statue timer increase ?

Mitroram

Visitor
Hello everyone,,
Can this be re-evaluated please ? 1 hour is kind of silly, that's hardly time to do anything of value these days. Why can't the statue last like the city buff does ? Or how about 24 hrs active with a 24 hour cool down ? I don't see what the harm would be..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are a lot of things in UO that are "silly" and just a waste of time and bother. Like most players I carry a statue in my pack to use on the "final" boss in it's final moments but then you should then just rely on dumb luck at that point.

It's 100% useless for T-Hunting unless you are only digging a couple of maps... and you know just where they are... waste of time for doing a champ or anything unless you wait till the boss but then yeah... well it is what it is...

Good luck with getting it changed to something more useful it's been this way for years.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lucky only increases the weight of properties on looted gear. It supposedly has zero correlation to special drop chances.

When a mob dies, a random person is chosen from top-attacker list (~10 people, more for big bosses) and their luck amount is applied to the loot generated.

So if that list is full of 10 people with wildly disparate amounts of luck...the generated loot could be no better than average.

Unless you're fighting things completely solo, luck is a crappy property.

Regarding the statue, I think it needs three changes:
  • The timer should reset at server up, not 25 hours after last use
  • The length of time should be increased to 3 hours to encourage play
    • or allow multiple, consecutive individual statues to be used
  • Increase the amount of luck granted for older accounts past what it currently is

Last edited:

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
One hour is enough, maybe 2? These statues are insanely broken for the sake of farming, and are putting loads of people at 3900+ luck to hit 100% very easily.

Nothing more than 2 would be acceptable if that's needed at all

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We do often forget to hit the statue before a boss drops, but that is our own mistake. We don't really see a problem with the statues as they are? And especially an increase seems odd, as that number is already very big for older accounts?
We often hit the statue before doing 8 tmaps, or indeed before a boss drops when we think of it. Once brought a statue to the roof, but that &%^$ of a Virtuebane destroyed it when we wanted to allow other chars to use it. Grrrr.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not entirely sure how in-game luck works still to this day...technically I know the mechanics as they are written but I'm a little skeptical. I feel like I have 4500+ luck (suit + statue + fel) and still get a whole lot of junk. I haven't used a luck suit on the roof though; anyone had consistent favorable results using 3500+ luck?

I've talked to a few people that swore there is a sweet spot for luck to get desired items and that's like 1000-2000 which you don't need a statue for that if that's true. So increasing the timer doesn't really do much for me until I've seen or heard having max luck actually is useful for getting better items.