• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck or no luck?

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
Very recently I built a luck suit for myself. At first I thought I was getting results, now I am not sure. Some long-time players swear luck "does nothing"... what say you?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My experience with 2470 luck suit is it in the overall pay out it is worthwhile. I do get around 18%-20% better loot in the long run than a identical character running 300-400 luck. Of course I also believe some characters are just luckier than others. Some of my characters just consistently get junk and rarely a drop and others will hit fairly regularly luck or not. What see the most with high luck is less negative properties and high intensities. Don't think anyone can give a concrete answer.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only thing that i can attest to, is that luck does indeed increase the amount of Saltpeter you get from mining. Loot, i couldn't tell you for sure.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing that i can attest to, is that luck does indeed increase the amount of Saltpeter you get from mining. Loot, i couldn't tell you for sure.
Makes the difference between 1000 per hour and 3500 per hour :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IMO luck does indeed effect loot, either in the amount of garbage you get or the quality... rarely quality ....... more often than not you just get more garbage...

It does work... just not as some people think it should... or should I say most people.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even the Devs couldnt answer this one as to them its just a formula. IMO, it works on some things and others it does not. Saltpeter is excellent example. It will affect this but will do nothing when mining ore.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not going to think about how much I can get from high luck, I simply rub the luck globe before starting important huntings

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
A character's total Luck is used when loot is spawned on creature corpses. It gives a chance of there being a greater amount of loot, a chance of a greater number of properties on said loot, and a chance that those properties will be of greater intensity. It should be noted, however, that this is only a chance of more and better loot, and that Luck has no direct affect on what specific items will spawn and what specific properties will spawn on those items.

Luck has the following effects based on Publish 86:

• Loot obtained from monsters, SoS Chests, Treasure Chests, Dredging Hooks, and as Quest Rewards will be influenced by the luck of the individual getting the loot.
  • Loot obtained from Dungeon Chests and Khaldun Puzzle Chests will have loot influenced with a random luck value between 0 and 240.
  • Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it, as well as bonuses to budgets used in item property generation.
In the past there were information about the fact, that there is a cap of impact. The devs answered on Drachenfels on April 1st 2015 that for some calculations of loot there is one, and for others not. They will supply a list someday.

I have 2200 on my luck suit (without statue rub), so that means I have almost 80% chance of "better" loot.. according to the calculator on uoGuide.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it, as well as bonuses to budgets used in item property generation.
Until I log in on Siege and see 1000 luck in my status bar, or go from Trammel to Felucca on Prodo and see it change, I'll continue to call this a plain old hoax.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Until I log in on Siege and see 1000 luck in my status bar, or go from Trammel to Felucca on Prodo and see it change, I'll continue to call this a plain old hoax.
That is a good point, it should show in your status bar

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then again, it also doesn't tell you in game that luck is pulled only when the mob dies, so you can just insta switch to luck suit on EC for the last blow.

And when you gain perfection, the additional luck also does not show in your status.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Very recently I built a luck suit for myself. At first I thought I was getting results, now I am not sure. Some long-time players swear luck "does nothing"... what say you?
I think it depends on many factors, although i have never seen it posted i can say that accounts that are several years older than mine(keep quitting) will get better loot(consistently) with zero luck than i will with 2000. Further i have noticed that skill types(in different dungeons)seem to affect drops as well, and who knows what else, i doubt the devs actually know anymore.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I don't; see it on these two items, for sure. Not in my experience anyway.
I remember reading a few years back and no I am not going to go searching for it......... but one of the Devs said luck does not influence Fished up chest but does influence T map chest. I can say I tend to to pull more legendaries out of a lvl 6 chest with my luck suit, the statue and the fel bonus than I do without it. SOS chest nothing to indicate max luck effects them one way or the other.

IMO luck does indeed effect loot, either in the amount of garbage you get or the quality... rarely quality ....... more often than not you just get more garbage...

It does work... just not as some people think it should... or should I say most people.
Since I just started killing dread pirates instead of turning them in....... When I dual client two tamers one with Zero luck and one with very high luck the luck tamer gets all of the legendary loot, a lot of heavy weighted clean majors and very few lessers. The Zero luck gets usually several lessers and average weighted majors with more negative properties like the 50 stones, 125 str, and antique. Also I am starting to believe acct age has better inate luck the luck tamer is I believe 227 months while the zero luck is 116 months. And newer account tamer at 11 months even with a 2470 luck suite gets crap for loot like clockwork.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I remember reading a few years back and no I am not going to go searching for it......... but one of the Devs said luck does not influence Fished up chest but does influence T map chest. I can say I tend to to pull more legendaries out of a lvl 6 chest with my luck suit, the statue and the fel bonus than I do without it. SOS chest nothing to indicate max luck effects them one way or the other.

Since I just started killing dread pirates instead of turning them in....... When I dual client two tamers one with Zero luck and one with very high luck the luck tamer gets all of the legendary loot, a lot of heavy weighted clean majors and very few lessers. The Zero luck gets usually several lessers and average weighted majors with more negative properties like the 50 stones, 125 str, and antique. Also I am starting to believe acct age has better inate luck the luck tamer is I believe 227 months while the zero luck is 116 months. And newer account tamer at 11 months even with a 2470 luck suite gets crap for loot like clockwork.
Not sure about that most of my accounts are > 10 years old...