• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck or Coincidence?

• Thread starter Blackrock Frank
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Blackrock Frank

OK, this goes along with Val's earlier question of the day.

I had my tamer out killing stuff in the old dungeons. She was wearing her new Spring Cleanup Jewelry set, had hit an anniversary statue, and was up over 2200 luck.

I got the following bracelet off a blood elemental, and I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come:

Ninja +15
Stealth +15
Luck 14
Lower Mana Cost 3%
Lower Reagent Cost 12%

What do you all think?

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was quite a hit there for you. Congrats! Lets hope you keep getting great loot like that.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did a bit of a test yesterday on lizardmen. I ran for about a hour on my tamer with 1600 luck. I was receiving a artifact ruffly every 15 mins. Loot was still basic but had some items with luck. Then I went back with tamer and 300 luck. over a hour killing and no artifact at all.

H

Hunters Moon

OK, this goes along with Val's earlier question of the day.

I had my tamer out killing stuff in the old dungeons. She was wearing her new Spring Cleanup Jewelry set, had hit an anniversary statue, and was up over 2200 luck.

I got the following bracelet off a blood elemental, and I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come:

Ninja +15
Stealth +15
Luck 14
Lower Mana Cost 3%
Lower Reagent Cost 12%

What do you all think?
Dang I wished I could get away with wearing luck suits,but I don't play a tamer. Oh well,I can hope that the Devs wake up and make it where high level luck can be placed on all 70's armor suits so non-tamers can get a shot at good loot as well.

My character in a luck suit----> :stretcher:

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For at least one hour a day, a luck suit really isn't needed for a samurai.
Perfection = 1000 luck
Luck statue = 400 luck (for me, more or less for others)

That by itself is 1400 luck, which isn't insignificant. Add in that my sampire has 400 luck naturally, that's 1800 luck for one hour a day against most opponents. When I started running with that, I did notice an extreme change in my loot from mid ranged mobs like Miasma or the undead in Bedlam.

In Doom, I hear that the luck is determined per kill rather than per player, so hanging out with the tamers is just as good as having luck yourself. But I haven't seen any evidence of this being true, so I regard that as just a rumor. I'm not huge on playing in Doom these days anyhow.

I also got a really good drop from a blood elemental yesterday, a katana with 45% hit harm, some stamina leech and SSI. I wasn't wearing a lucky suit though, so I think I just got lucky.

B

Blackrock Frank

Dang I wished I could get away with wearing luck suits,but I don't play a tamer. Oh well,I can hope that the Devs wake up and make it where high level luck can be placed on all 70's armor suits so non-tamers can get a shot at good loot as well.

Hmmm. Can't you have high luck on a suit with high resistances? Throw in luck on your weapon and I think you can do quite nicely. The devs are awake- They've added a lot of artifacts, craftable and otherwise, to help with this already.

Jester Hat of Chuckles has 150 luck and 60 resists
Stormgrips has 125 luck and 53 resists (plus 25% DI)
Ring of the Elements has 100 luck and 64 resists
Song Woven Mantle has 100 luck and 51 resists (plus 5%DCI)
Bramble Coat has 150 Luck and 40 resists (plus 25% reflect physical damage and 15% DCI)
Guantlets of Nobility have 100 Luck, 45 resists (plus 8 str bonus and 20% DI)

Those might not fit your exact playstyle, but they are available. I've had some luck (ha ha) enhancing my own armor with gold ingots to get pieces close to the 140 max as well.

C

captainobvious

i got a good question for the luck experts...

would luck make any difference if i loaded up on my crafter and used a runic hammer or barbed kit????

D

Des

Maybe I should have given you my account with the tamer on it! *Laughs*

H

Hunters Moon

Maybe I should have given you my account with the tamer on it! *Laughs*
Gah! Would you do that to me Des?? Des you lub me right? Right?? You wouldn't make me play a tamer template would you? Friends don't let friends play a tamer!! :p