• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Luck and fishing

Jarnhound

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have been searching the forums for answers to questions about luck and MIBS, since I am considering providing my fishergirl a new and improved luck suit in case luck does affect loot:

1. When is the loot calculation done in fishing? When you get the MIB? When you open the MIB and get the SOS? When you fish up the chest from the SOS? When you open the chest?

2. There is as far as I know 4 levels of chests from SOS and the levels are not affected by luck, but the quality of the loot could be positively affected? Is that the way it works?

3. Luck does not help in any way the chances of getting a MIB from a serpent? Or have I misunderstood this part?

To all the experienced fishermen and -women here: Is it worth it to invest in a luck suit for my fisher and what should i aim for? Will i see a benefit of 1000 luck or must one reach for the 2000 level?