• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LRC vs Regs

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay Forum:
Regs or LRC? I'm currently debating this with my necro/mage and I'm starting to lean towards regs as LRC suit resists SUCK.

Discuss.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

Sorcerer's is great for that, but you should be able to make an all 70's 100 lrc...

orni 20
pendant of magi 30
stitchers mittens 30
arms 20 lrc or high resists

then
spell woven britches
keeonan's chain mail or rbc if you have enough resists
kasa of the rajin
sdi ring or even ring of the elements to get your resists up (if using rbc perhaps)
Staff of the magi/prosperity swords (all mages should carry a few good spellbooks and a -0 mage weapon)

Thats what I fit my mages with who dont already wear sorcerer's armour

G

Gellor

It is easy to make a lrc suit with high resists. With little work, it can even have max PvP SDI;)

The good thing with regs is the SDI "bonus" from them. However, unless you are stacking them in piles of 10, the first monster that walks by will steal it all and make you useless.:coco:

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can try to build above mentioned rare artifacts into your suit. However, you most likely will end up needing runic crafted armor pieces. You should be aware that the runic crafting kits will only add a limited amount of magic features to an armor pieces. If you focus on LRC pieces, there will be one feature less that could help you as a mage (like Resist bonuses, LMC, MR). So, you will need much more attempts to craft good mage armor WITH LRC than WITHOUT. -> Good LRC armor is rare.

It took me 1 year to put together a suit with 100% LRC, 12 MR, 25% LMC, max FC and FCR and most resists above 60. It was a pain in the arse (especially since my condition was to have a pirate suit with a tricorne)! If I'd have used reagents, it would have been very easy in comparison to get a good suit.

However, unless you are stacking them in piles of 10, the first monster that walks by will steal it all and make you useless.:coco:
They don't steal them, they loot them. And not every monster does, only certain monsters. Sometimes it even happens that they loot EVERYTHING from your corpse that isn't insured; the greedy basterds are not satisfied after looting a single item.

G

Gellor

You can try to build above mentioned rare artifacts into your suit. However, you most likely will end up needing runic crafted armor pieces. You should be aware that the runic crafting kits will only add a limited amount of magic features to an armor pieces. If you focus on LRC pieces, there will be one feature less that could help you as a mage (like Resist bonuses, LMC, MR). So, you will need much more attempts to craft good mage armor WITH LRC than WITHOUT. -> Good LRC armor is rare.
I seem to have no problems getting a 100%lrc 30%lmc with all 60s suit on any given day. I've got four or five of these suits hanging around. The challenge is when you start wanting 12mr and 15sdi and etc.

They don't steal them, they loot them. And not every monster does, only certain monsters. Sometimes it even happens that they loot EVERYTHING from your corpse that isn't insured; the greedy basterds are not satisfied after looting a single item.
Steal was a euphemism for looting. And while not every monster does, more than enough do to make it an annoyance. Unless the goal is to only fight monsters that don't loot:coco: And don't even mention PvP:talktothehand:

Lynk, maybe they changed it. But, there was a reason people were running cat statues beyond not needing lrc ;)

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is easy to make a lrc suit with high resists. With little work, it can even have max PvP SDI;)

The good thing with regs is the SDI "bonus" from them. However, unless you are stacking them in piles of 10, the first monster that walks by will steal it all and make you useless.:coco:
What? SDI bonus from regs?

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a "party" suit and a public suit.

If hunting Peerless or in an isolated spot with Allies/Guild members, I can carry regs and concentrate on MR, SDI, and/or resists, as well taking advantage of Cursed Doom arties that cannot be insured.

In active and spawn areas, however, I need a LRC suit because chances are slim that you will find exactly what beastie looted you because their bodies decay so fast.

Generally though, I stick with Sorceror's Suit, esp if I am hunting in an area where "Luck" may not be broken. Paired with the Etoile jewel set, it gives a decent overall mod mixture. Then cap it off with Swds of Prosperity or Pyro Staff (if Undead about) or equip the MR3 SDI 30% invasion spellbook for extra mana regen. I generally run in wraith form solely for the mana regen.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk, maybe they changed it. But, there was a reason people were running cat statues beyond not needing lrc ;)
Uh... ya, because it makes it easier to cap other mods without worrying about LRC.

I'm fairly confident that this was never published.

I was unable to find any publish notes confirming this was ever put in to place. It was briefly discussed at one point but that was the extent of it.

Can anyone provide a link to any publish notes confirming its existence?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no knowledge of this, I'd like to get it confirmed so that I can update the site information if it proves to be correct.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've submitted as an FOF question. They may be too busy answering questions about dismounting gargoyles to answer it.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was something they kicked around after my QQ campaign on the old boards. I posted every day about how LRC suits were runing pvp because you could never win out numbered. Some people jumped on my bandwagon they said HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT 10 SDI FOR USING REGS, which really doesnt solve anything. It was never implemented.

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was something they kicked around after my QQ campaign on the old boards. I posted every day about how LRC suits were runing pvp because you could never win out numbered. Some people jumped on my bandwagon they said HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT 10 SDI FOR USING REGS, which really doesnt solve anything. It was never implemented.
Joo,

You're so wise.. You should spread your gifts + knowledge to other lackies in the guild (Lynk)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Joo,

You're so wise.. You should spread your gifts + knowledge to other lackies in the guild (Lynk)
Dorinda, good news. I've decided to give you a "guild tryout" session when you return to the states.

I know you were never that good but I decided to give you a fair trial.

Best of luck to you.